Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Quackas wrote:
Hi,

I attempted to use the information in your guide to create a Jugg Stunner even though it is weak compared to other choices.

I am using Tectonic Strike with increased AoE nodes in the passive tree for better clear compared to other ascendancies. I use Devoto's with 40% chance to not consume end charge while clearing and switch to Abyssus with 12% double damage chance for heavy strike for bosses.

https://pastebin.com/ggRUxDq0 PoB pastebin.

I don't think this build will ever be able to stun Shaper reliably or do uber atziri but would it be able to clear all the other content?

Is there any glaring errors that you can see in my build or significant area for improvement?

Thanks for creating this forum guide for your build it has been very helpful, I understand if you do not have the time to look into my build or answer my questions.

A couple of points I want to make:

1. Elemental Focus seems to be better than Added Fire Damage. The ignite damage is already abysmal so it doesn't hurt to lose all of it. (Ignite damage may go up a bit after the next patch, but Elemental Focus should still be a better choice.)

2. With a slow weapon like Tidebreaker, flat physical damage from jewelries aren't as important. Maybe you should have focused more on getting life and resists from your jewelries instead of getting such high rolls of flat physical damage.

3. With the exception of Facebreaker builds, I don't really think it's ever a good idea to choose both Resolute Technique and Abyssus. I would say Devoto isn't bad at all during boss fights - mobility is very crucial in dodging those one-shots.

I see the synergy of using Tectonic Slam with Jugg's insane sustain of endurance charges. But there are also some contradictory ideas in your build.

1. Jugg's best node is Undeniable (the accuracy one), and it's wasteful to not go crit when playing Jugg; but it's very very difficult to build crit with Tidebreaker.

2. Tectonic Slam has a 60% damage conversion; without penetration physical damage is better than elemental damage, and with penetration elemental damage is better; so usually it's better to have no conversion at all, or have 100% conversion and stack some penetration.

3. Stunning is good for making use of damage as a layer of defense; but Jugg doesn't really offer any damage at all (especially without Undeniable).

So I think there is a good potential to improve your build with 2 possible approaches: 1. figure out a way to go crit; 2. figure out a way to get 100% conversion and build up some penetration.

With the current build, I think you won't have any problems with normal content. However, I suspect that you will feel sluggish when up against high tier map with either insane bosses or insane map mods. Guardians may be a bit challenging if you aren't experienced with these fights.
Thanks for the advice, I implemented what I could with your advice and have significantly raised the dps and completely reworked the tree to use crit and the Jugg ascendancy Undeniable.

Before making these changes I was able to stunlock Chimera and deal with him easily so I am hoping with these changes I can stunlock a T15 Elder...

I managed to get up to 910k shaper dps with heavy strike but it required losing a lot of the damage and aoe from tectonic strike.

Here is the new tree in case anyone wants to see the changes:

https://pastebin.com/EfAL3Lc6

I notice in your builds you seem to get a lot more jewel nodes than I am getting; are the jewel nodes more efficient than just speccing into damage or life?
Last edited by Quackas on May 29, 2018, 3:42:18 PM
"
Quackas wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I implemented what I could with your advice and have significantly raised the dps and completely reworked the tree to use crit and the Jugg ascendancy Undeniable.

Before making these changes I was able to stunlock Chimera and deal with him easily so I am hoping with these changes I can stunlock a T15 Elder...

I managed to get up to 910k shaper dps with heavy strike but it required losing a lot of the damage and aoe from tectonic strike.

Here is the new tree in case anyone wants to see the changes:

https://pastebin.com/EfAL3Lc6

I notice in your builds you seem to get a lot more jewel nodes than I am getting; are the jewel nodes more efficient than just speccing into damage or life?

Perfectly rolled jewels are much more powerful than just getting damage or life passive nodes. If you can get the 2 good prefixes (7% life and 8% atk spd w/ mace), the prefixes alone are already almost good enough for 3 passive points you invest into the jewel socket.

As long as you can find a semi-decent jewel (at least 2 good prefixes and 1 useful suffix) it's well worth it. If not, you can save some currency by ignoring these jewel sockets, it won't hurt much.
Last edited by brightwaha on May 29, 2018, 5:26:59 PM
Currently trying a variation of this in HC. Wish me luck
Do we really need the 2 nodes up in the upper right corner for int and the gem slot i honestly prefer elemental resist and hp nodes over flat stats myself unless its absolutely necessary. Will it hurt the build if i take those out?
"
sumowow wrote:
Do we really need the 2 nodes up in the upper right corner for int and the gem slot i honestly prefer elemental resist and hp nodes over flat stats myself unless its absolutely necessary. Will it hurt the build if i take those out?

Generally, spending 3 passive points for a jewel socket is worth it. Especially if you can afford a 4 affix jewel with good stats, then nothing surpasses its value. If you're on a small budget, it can be a good idea to pick other nodes (5% life nodes, for example) instead.

I do see you mentioning elemental resist. Usually it's not very efficient to force yourself getting more elemental resist in the tree. Which node are you considering picking?

Since jewels can also provide life and ele resist, we can do a comparison here. You can get a 3 affix jewel with 6% life and 2 resist affixes (+11% to cold and lightning res and +12% to fire and cold res, for example; giving a total of 46% resists) fairly easily, which offers a good combination of life and resists if you're desperate to cap your resists. I don't actually think with 3 passive points one can get as much value as 6% life, 46% resists (and 20 int, which you may or may not need).
I was just considering getting maybe Diamond skin around where we start off our build in the tree and maybe working my way down towards soul of steel but im not sure i'd like to do that if it'll change this entire build just for a couple of nodes.

"
sumowow wrote:
I was just considering getting maybe Diamond skin around where we start off our build in the tree and maybe working my way down towards soul of steel but im not sure i'd like to do that if it'll change this entire build just for a couple of nodes.

Diamond Skin is a mediocre node and I think it should only be considered when you really need those extra resists. Soul of Steel should not be considered in most cases, in my opinion. This build doesn’t really need more physical mitigation, and Soul of Steel just doesn’t sound appealing to me at all.

So personally, I wouldn’t suggest picking these instead of the jewel socket.

That being said, the concept of this build is very very simple - we get damage and life and some resists and stun related stuff and that’s it. So feel free to make any changes to the tree - there would never be any seriously negative result. If you really like Diamond Skin, for example, go for it.
Very interested in this build, can it stun uber elder? I mean the one you are attacking, obviously you have to swap but it sounds fun enough that I kind of want to try this out.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Very interested in this build, can it stun uber elder? I mean the one you are attacking, obviously you have to swap but it sounds fun enough that I kind of want to try this out.
In theory? Yes. I've done till t15 elder using the berserker variant of this. But i suggest trying the uber elder encounter AFTER getting the stun wheel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info