[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
undeadfiend wrote:
Thx so much for your reply, any chance you can have a look at my char and give me some advice
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/undeadfiend/characters

Thx again

You haven't set your character profile to public, it seems. You need to go to your privacy settings and make it public.
I've been using pob with OP's slayer and berserker as an example and I can't decide which ascendancy is better. Slayer has 1.29 - 1.49 stun duration (depending if we pick stun mastery or not, I'd use overwhelm) and berserker has 0.84. Berserker has a little bit more attack speed and around 300k more damage with heavy strike.

Can someone help me decide?
Oops sorry, should be good now :)
"
Ergolic wrote:
I've been using pob with OP's slayer and berserker as an example and I can't decide which ascendancy is better. Slayer has 1.29 - 1.49 stun duration (depending if we pick stun mastery or not, I'd use overwhelm) and berserker has 0.84. Berserker has a little bit more attack speed and around 300k more damage with heavy strike.

They are both good and I also have problems deciding which one to play. I switch back and forth just to experience different playstyles. Overall Slayer is more tanky and Berserker is more offense-oriented; Slayer is better if you plan to clear with single target skills like Heavy Strike or Flicker Strike. Unfortunately you can't really tell what class you will enjoy more without having played them.
"
undeadfiend wrote:
Oops sorry, should be good now :)

There are several things I want to point out:

1. You're not using the Heavy Strike threshold jewel, which limits your single-target performance. It can be fine if you have no plans to do end-game bosses whatsoever.

2. I am not sure but you have Determination, Arctic Armour and Haste. I personally don't like Determination, I think we don't have enough armour to begin with for it to be effective.

3. I noticed that you're not using Blood Rage. Blood Rage offers significant boost to DPS and mobility (due to increased attack speed). Maybe one reason you didn't use Blood Rage was that the degen is hard to manage along the degen from Berserker Rage stacks. One way to fix this is to pick up endurance charges as well as more regen from the passive tree.

4. I see that you're spending 4 passive points for resists near Marauder start. If you can find better jewelries (rings, belts, jewels, etc) you can save those points. Belly is also a inferior choice than Kaom's Heart if you're not utilizing the 6-link on your Belly.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Ergolic wrote:

They are both good and I also have problems deciding which one to play. I switch back and forth just to experience different playstyles. Overall Slayer is more tanky and Berserker is more offense-oriented; Slayer is better if you plan to clear with single target skills like Heavy Strike or Flicker Strike. Unfortunately you can't really tell what class you will enjoy more without having played them.

Which stun is more reliable berserker or slayer? it's my first attempt with a stun build
"
nmkip wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Ergolic wrote:

Which stun is more reliable berserker or slayer? it's my first attempt with a stun build

Berserker is better at stunning. However you should be aware that stunning up to Guardians is very easy with this build with semi-decent gears; this means that besides Shaper fight, both versions will deliver perfect stun-locking. If you like the leech from Slayer or the splash, it’s going to matter more than Shaper fight experience, as you probably won’t fight Shaper very often.
I see. Stunning in parties of 2-3 people is possible? Maybe berserker is better there.

I want to fight shaper and elder and stun them hehehe. I like slayer leech, I don't care about the splash. If survivability is fine with berserker I might try that. I thought stun locking was easier with slayer because of overwhelm.
Last edited by nmkip on May 8, 2018, 3:07:53 PM
"
nmkip wrote:
I see. Stunning in parties of 2-3 people is possible? Maybe berserker is better there.

I want to fight shaper and elder and stun them hehehe. I like slayer leech, I don't care about the splash. If survivability is fine with berserker I might try that. I thought stun locking was easier with slayer because of overwhelm.

Party bonuses to mobs’ life pool does not affect stun chances, so stunning in a party is the same as if you were playing solo.

Survivability of Berserker is fine. But it really depends on your goals and play style. Personally I play without any attention (watch stream, half-asleep, etc.) and I grind for exp (leveling from lv 94 to 95). For me, Survivability of Berserker makes my overall experience less enjoyable because even though I am only dying very very occasionally it still hurts. On the other hand, if you’re happy with a lv 90 or 91 character, then Berserker definitely has enough survivability.
Hi,

I attempted to use the information in your guide to create a Jugg Stunner even though it is weak compared to other choices.

I am using Tectonic Strike with increased AoE nodes in the passive tree for better clear compared to other ascendancies. I use Devoto's with 40% chance to not consume end charge while clearing and switch to Abyssus with 12% double damage chance for heavy strike for bosses.

https://pastebin.com/ggRUxDq0 PoB pastebin.

I don't think this build will ever be able to stun Shaper reliably or do uber atziri but would it be able to clear all the other content?

Is there any glaring errors that you can see in my build or significant area for improvement?

Thanks for creating this forum guide for your build it has been very helpful, I understand if you do not have the time to look into my build or answer my questions.

Last edited by Quackas on May 18, 2018, 8:34:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info