[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
How is this build with HotGM? Did you try it? Ive no idea how pvp is balanced and I never tried that map before.

I never bothered doing HoGM, this slow melee build is not ideal for this content. You need a build that either won't get hit or won't die no matter how hard you get hit to do this map. You can either do a Scorching Ray or trapper or something to do it or just spend a couple chaos and buy a service.
I'm loving this build! I've been copying from your profile mostly, and I just did Shaper deathless for the first time ever. However, I actually had to "do" the encounter as I couldn't stun lock him. Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/KS6HQfSc what am I missing in the stun lock department? I would love your feedback on the best route forward. Awesome work!
"
Fattratt wrote:
I'm loving this build! I've been copying from your profile mostly, and I just did Shaper deathless for the first time ever. However, I actually had to "do" the encounter as I couldn't stun lock him. Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/KS6HQfSc what am I missing in the stun lock department? I would love your feedback on the best route forward. Awesome work!

Were you doing Shaper with Cyclone? Because Cyclone alone will probably never stun Shaper due to its low damage per hit (Shockwave linked with Cyclone will, but cannot stun-lock).

To do the Shaper fight, you should either get your Heavy Strike threshold jewels and Heavy Strike, this pretty much guarantees stun-locking.

Or, you may use Ground Slam. I won't guarantee you that you can stun-lock perfectly with Ground Slam, especially since I see that you're not picking either Stun Mastery or Spinecruncher clusters. But if you could pick just Stun Mastery, then stun-locking with Ground Slam is pretty realistic.

Many people won't bother doing Shaper for more than one time, but if you're not doing Elder map Atlas strategy and have like 8 Shaper sets floating around like I do, you might want to get your Heavy Strike stuff to completely trivialize future Shaper fights.
Hi Brightwaha

i like this build really. I use gs as normal skill as it s a funny playstyle.
BUT
i cant do with this playstyle the kill all people of one fraction challenge.

i tryed it in maps and in normal game but i am not fast enought. The kill 100 legionares only worked with a speed shrine.

How do you did this challenges. With a buddy. If that is the only posibility to do that with this build i must go this way. But normaly i like to do all challenges i do without help.

As a side question. I have a pair of tombist without vulnerability corruption laying around and tested them. But it feels clunkier as the life roll is much smaller
is there more to do as only equip them ?

thanks for answers
"
Hi Brightwaha

i like this build really. I use gs as normal skill as it s a funny playstyle.
BUT
i cant do with this playstyle the kill all people of one fraction challenge.

i tryed it in maps and in normal game but i am not fast enought. The kill 100 legionares only worked with a speed shrine.

How do you did this challenges. With a buddy. If that is the only posibility to do that with this build i must go this way. But normaly i like to do all challenges i do without help.

As a side question. I have a pair of tombist without vulnerability corruption laying around and tested them. But it feels clunkier as the life roll is much smaller
is there more to do as only equip them ?

thanks for answers

I find Cyclone much better at doing this challenge. Else, you could farm shallow maps like Phantasmagoria more and wish for a bad legion spawn near the edge. You would skill all fraction easily if there are only 10 mobs per fraction.

Tombfist is not particularly good if you don't have the corruption (not bad either). The maim point of having Tombfist is to equip a Murderous jewel in it so that we can apply intimidate. Considering that there are now other ways to apply intimidate (Timeless Jewels, Watcher's Eye), it's no where near necessary. If you don't like it you don't have to worry about it.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Fattratt wrote:

Were you doing Shaper with Cyclone? Because Cyclone alone will probably never stun Shaper due to its low damage per hit (Shockwave linked with Cyclone will, but cannot stun-lock).

To do the Shaper fight, you should either get your Heavy Strike threshold jewels and Heavy Strike, this pretty much guarantees stun-locking.

Or, you may use Ground Slam. I won't guarantee you that you can stun-lock perfectly with Ground Slam, especially since I see that you're not picking either Stun Mastery or Spinecruncher clusters. But if you could pick just Stun Mastery, then stun-locking with Ground Slam is pretty realistic.

Many people won't bother doing Shaper for more than one time, but if you're not doing Elder map Atlas strategy and have like 8 Shaper sets floating around like I do, you might want to get your Heavy Strike stuff to completely trivialize future Shaper fights.

I've never played a stun build before, so that makes sense. I was using cyclone, and I intended to farm shaper with this toon for awhile. I'll buy a 6L Red Tidebreaker and run a heavy strike in the weapon swap. Thanks!
Last edited by Fattratt on Jul 8, 2019, 9:11:31 PM
Hey Brightwaha, I love the concept of your build.

I was looking for a build for my Gladiator that would use stun and block mechanics with EQ, maybe even with bleeding in it (so 1h + shield) and stumbled upon yours.

I apologise if these are silly questions (I'm still a noob) or something you have already replied to (too many pages!), but what do you think of these ideas?

Would it work as a 1h + Shield Gladiator (for the bleeds) or anything else?

How would you set up EQ vs Ground Slam?
"
Spiattalo wrote:
Hey Brightwaha, I love the concept of your build.

I was looking for a build for my Gladiator that would use stun and block mechanics with EQ, maybe even with bleeding in it (so 1h + shield) and stumbled upon yours.

I apologise if these are silly questions (I'm still a noob) or something you have already replied to (too many pages!), but what do you think of these ideas?

Would it work as a 1h + Shield Gladiator (for the bleeds) or anything else?

How would you set up EQ vs Ground Slam?

If you're going for pure bleeding, then it probably won't work. Although pure bleeding is not particularly viable now so it's probably not the case.

When it comes to stunning, EQ is generally not too reliable, due to the delayed damage and low interval; also one hands are generally much weaker than Tidebreaker.

Gladiator is decent while mapping, but in boss fights it's difficult to make full use of its damage boosts.

Overall, I would say it's not very realistic to stun-lock Shaper with 1h EQ Gladiator.

You will be able to stun map bosses pretty well with for example Callinellus Malleus if you get mace nodes and r.E.S.T. from gears. But depending on how you're approaching the block and bleed part of your build, I am not sure if it's worth the investment.
What do you think about something like that ?

Loose about 700/900 life but recover % life and 120% fortify should be pretty good (already use shock on focus)

And 6 slots could give a big Warchief or more QOL (portal, whatever)

Oh and I'm testing cyclone, but it feel really clunky to switch weapon for heavy strike (or heavy strike -> cyclone), one time out of two attacks doesn't launch... never got the problem ?
Hi,

the build is really fun to play. I wonder if the beast recipe "corrupt a armor or weapon to 30%" is worth on tidebreaker, or if there is a possiblity that it can brick ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info