[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Hey there. I was wondering if OP or someone else with knowledge about this build could look at my PoB.

https://pastebin.com/qNu8Wkem

I know my flasks are all effed up as well as some of my sockets/colors. I'm working on that asap. I spent so much on the kaoms and I actually 6 socketed and linked my tidebreaker myself. I'm looking for helpful tips about what I should work on gear-wise. I also know I need to get +20q gems on some stuff. I also took mana leech on right side of duelist starting area. I do have an enlighten but its only level 2 right now. I was struggling to run all the auras so I had to pick it up.

Secondly, I have a starkonja. Only reason why is the Heavy Strike enchant. I'm going to try to replace that as well when I get currency.

Thirdly, my biggest thing is as of right now, I'm locked to one skill because my 6L tidebreaker + kaom. A tidebreaker thats 5 sockets not even linked is currently 3ex. Because ps4 community is trash everything is expensive lol. + I dont know how big the playerbase is. So getting another isnt an option right now. Any advice?

My suggestions:

1. If you're using Cyclone and doesn't have a secondary weapon yet, you can consider Shockwave. It offers good damage per hit and helps you stun high health mobs better.

2. I can't tell from the PoB page but you need your totem and Guard skill.

3. You don't need 2 points into mana leech, 1 point is definitely enough.

4. You don't need the +10 str node near Dismembering.

5. You don't need your Weight of the Empire jewels if you're not using Heavy Strike.

6. Your biggest upgrade right now is by leveling up. Also, get a jewelry with mana leech to free yourself from 4 passive points.

7. As for gear upgrades, I would say flasks and jewels. A big upgrade in the future would be a Tombfist with corruption.

8. In the future you should also consider getting a better rolled Ryslatha's Coil and getting a Lethal Pride and divine it into useful mods.
Hey bright how are you finding Shockwave vs I fused channeling?
"
Kapitolist wrote:

I believe Infused Channeling is better when you’re well geared to stun everything with Cyclone itself. But before you’re able to do so, Shockwave seems to be more important.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Kapitolist wrote:

I believe Infused Channeling is better when you’re well geared to stun everything with Cyclone itself. But before you’re able to do so, Shockwave seems to be more important.

Better in that you can kill rare monsters faster? I finished UE so now I'm setting up t16 sexants to map farm. I find that my dps is enough to kill everything except rares on one pass of cyclone, so I'm looking to just increase my movespeed and aoe now. I'd image shockwave would be better for clearing trash right?
Just a PSA for anyone using cyclone and decide to try Vaal Cyclone. You can cancel the vaal cyclone with a weapon swap (assuming the gems on your weapon ofc). I had no idea and died a few times spinning on top of legion mobs lol.
"
Kapitolist wrote:
Better in that you can kill rare monsters faster? I finished UE so now I'm setting up t16 sexants to map farm. I find that my dps is enough to kill everything except rares on one pass of cyclone, so I'm looking to just increase my movespeed and aoe now. I'd image shockwave would be better for clearing trash right?

From my own experience I feel Shockwave isn't particularly good when it comes to DPS. It's good in a sense that it extends our AoE radius, but it's a little bit random and can trigger when we don't need it and be on cooldown when we do. I might be wrong here, it's very difficult to quantify clear speed.

I am currently leaning towards Infused Channeling because it offers more consistent damage and at the same time a damage mitigation buff.
"
Kapitolist wrote:
Just a PSA for anyone using cyclone and decide to try Vaal Cyclone. You can cancel the vaal cyclone with a weapon swap (assuming the gems on your weapon ofc). I had no idea and died a few times spinning on top of legion mobs lol.

Edit: Also quality on cyclone gem only increases the aoe radius by 1 at most. Check PoB to find the break point. These are my aoe radius:

Lv./Quality Radius
21/0 35
21/1 35
21/4 36
21/5 36
21/22 37
21/23 37
Tips for Uber Atziri? She cant be stunned can she?

Edit:
Read in op. Thanks.
Last edited by H3avyM3tal on Jul 6, 2019, 6:56:12 AM
"
Kapitolist wrote:
"
Kapitolist wrote:

Edit: Also quality on cyclone gem only increases the aoe radius by 1 at most. Check PoB to find the break point. These are my aoe radius:

Lv./Quality Radius
21/0 35
21/1 35
21/4 36
21/5 36
21/22 37
21/23 37

This can be generalized to all increased AoE from other sources as well. Quality on Cyclone gem gives 10% increased AoE, and this 10% increased AoE results in at most +1 radius.

Which means, additional investment into AoE might be completely useless depending on where the threshold for the next integer radius cutoff is.

However, for Slayers, due to the nature of the inconsistent AoE from Impact, I don't think anyone should be concerned about it at all. Any investment into AoE for Slayers can be useful to some extent.

And a general comment I would make is that investment into AoE is pretty ineffective overall for Cyclone, unless it's something huge like Pulverise Support or Slayer Impact.
How is this build with HotGM? Did you try it? Ive no idea how pvp is balanced and I never tried that map before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info