[2.6] Hybrid Life/ES Non-Crit Chaos Ethereal Knives Nova Occultist

Im trying this build on hc, with a 3curse (wicthfire brew) variant, but im planning on keep mom since we got some pool to spare, what do you think?
"
FeFFoM wrote:
Im trying this build on hc, with a 3curse (wicthfire brew) variant, but im planning on keep mom since we got some pool to spare, what do you think?

MoM will only kick in when taking damage towards your life pool not your energy shield (At least from what I remember) so keeping MoM would actually help with chaos damage but nothing else most of the time. It's a nice fail safe though if you take massive energy shield damage and need to rely on life abit until you regen it.
I'm playing this build Legacy SC, and am enjoying it.

So far I've got to level 80, running T5 maps quite happily.
My variant is emphasising ES over Life; my tree gives 211% ES but only 68% life compared with OP 178% ES but 149% life (he's level 90 though; I could boost to 259% ES at 89 if I want, by filling out the wheels).

Even though my chaos res is currently only +14%, running T5 maps I'm finding the smaller life pool quite manageable, and the larger ES makes better use of the Occultist's advantages.

With my current gear, and running Discipline at lvl18, that gives me 8.5EHP; 2.2k life.

Here's my tree: http://poeurl.com/beGE

As you can see, I've dropped the entire left side, and used the skill points to pick up both Unnatural Calm and Foresight, the two witch and scion ES notables.

While taking both is technically inefficient, Foresight means I can take Harrier for a juicy 5% move speed and cast speed, and I've a jewel socket in standby, while Unnatural Calm has me nicely positioned for the Witch chaos cluster.

My variant means I've loads of pathing choices left over the remaining levels, depending on whether I want more ES or more DPS

* I could fill out the ES wheels
* I could go for Atrophy (I think that's best at first) and the Witch chaos wheel
* I could fill in DoT nodes to boost poison
* I'm next to the Hex Master wheel if I feel I want the curse effectiveness and AoE
* I also pass right past Alchemist, which is a very strong notable
* I'm also wondering if I should try to pick up Essence Surge, which synergises beautifully with the Occulist's Wicked Ward. That would take 5 nodes though, so...

Choices, choices.

I haven't done Uber Lab yet, and I'm still uncertain about whether to pick up Vile Bastion for ES recharge or Void Beacon for DPS.

So far I'm leaning towards Void Beacon, Atrophy and Essence Surge, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough EHP at 90. I could balance this with switching out my rustic for a crystal belt, hopefully with some more chaos res. Thoughts, anyone?
"
Potenz0 wrote:

So far I've got to level 80, running T5 maps quite happily.
My variant is emphasising ES over Life; my tree gives 211% ES but only 68% life compared with OP 178% ES but 149% life (he's level 90 though; I could boost to 259% ES at 89 if I want, by filling out the wheels).

Even though my chaos res is currently only +14%, running T5 maps I'm finding the smaller life pool quite manageable, and the larger ES makes better use of the Occultist's advantages.

With my current gear, and running Discipline at lvl18, that gives me 8.5EHP; 2.2k life.

Here's my tree: http://poeurl.com/beGE

As you can see, I've dropped the entire left side, and used the skill points to pick up both Unnatural Calm and Foresight, the two witch and scion ES notables.

While taking both is technically inefficient, Foresight means I can take Harrier for a juicy 5% move speed and cast speed, and I've a jewel socket in standby, while Unnatural Calm has me nicely positioned for the Witch chaos cluster.

My variant means I've loads of pathing choices left over the remaining levels, depending on whether I want more ES or more DPS

* I could fill out the ES wheels
* I could go for Atrophy (I think that's best at first) and the Witch chaos wheel
* I could fill in DoT nodes to boost poison
* I'm next to the Hex Master wheel if I feel I want the curse effectiveness and AoE
* I also pass right past Alchemist, which is a very strong notable
* I'm also wondering if I should try to pick up Essence Surge, which synergises beautifully with the Occulist's Wicked Ward. That would take 5 nodes though, so...

Choices, choices.

I haven't done Uber Lab yet, and I'm still uncertain about whether to pick up Vile Bastion for ES recharge or Void Beacon for DPS.

So far I'm leaning towards Void Beacon, Atrophy and Essence Surge, but I'm not sure if that'll be enough EHP at 90. I could balance this with switching out my rustic for a crystal belt, hopefully with some more chaos res. Thoughts, anyone?

How do you deal with chaos damage with such low life? Also, is the life regen enough to sustain your EK?
"
Tibasu wrote:
"
Potenz0 wrote:
How do you deal with chaos damage with such low life? Also, is the life regen enough to sustain your EK?

I'm running 5L with Apep's too, so the smaller life pool is under pressure. To make it work I've got T1 regen on my helm and one ring, and T1 life-gain-on-kill on my gloves.

How am I finding it? Fine. If the map has desecrated ground, I'll take a occasional sip of a life flask for sustain, but not so often I'm worried about not having flask available at need. I don't speed run super fast; if you do, perhaps it would slow you down, but at the speed I'm comfortable at, I've no issues.

The only time it gets a bit dicey is when zombies leave caustic clouds on death in a map with desecrated ground. That's happened to me on a few Strand map runs, and I must say I doubt you'd feel comfortable in HC. But for SC it's fine.

The only downside is that needing the regen on gear is competing with getting more chaos res. But I've still got room for a belt upgrade to ease that pressure.

If the map has "monsters poison on hit" you really want to take a curing flask along with, but that doesn't strike me as unreasonable.

So far I'm in T5-7. We'll see how it looks when I'm up to T10, but so far so good.
Hey there!

Love your build i liked idea when i saw it and following it to the teeth but now i'm lv83 still didn't do uber lab i'm sitting at 7k es 3.8k life and using 4 auras XD so i'm curious if i'm using right ones on my mana i have hatred and warlords mark with blasphemy and on my life discipline with clarity was trying to squeeze there vitality but even with enlighten lv3 and vertex couldn't do it takes too much due to blood magic gem -.- so asking of you if i should change something? Leveling projectile weakness as reserve but i'm kinda more eager to go for void beacon instead malediction as last ascendancy bosses are mostly chaos resistant and takes some time to kill them...what do you think? For me so far that pierce gem is enough i don't really need 100% pierce doing t12-13 maps without problems and breaches are quite easy.All my res are capped so lower life is no problem and i have stone golem for extra hp regen it's not really needed but hey can't hurt, with my hp reserved i'm at 2k atm and feel quite comfortable. You can check my profile and throw some ideas at me : ))....Thanks again for this fun build.
Last edited by Feanhor on Apr 3, 2017, 11:45:24 PM
"
Feanhor wrote:
Hey there!

Love your build i liked idea when i saw it and following it to the teeth but now i'm lv83 still didn't do uber lab i'm sitting at 7k es 3.8k life and using 4 auras XD so i'm curious if i'm using right ones on my mana i have hatred and warlords mark with blasphemy and on my life discipline with clarity was trying to squeeze there vitality but even with enlighten lv3 and vertex couldn't do it takes too much due to blood magic gem -.- so asking of you if i should change something? Leveling projectile weakness as reserve but i'm kinda more eager to go for void beacon instead malediction as last ascendancy bosses are mostly chaos resistant and takes some time to kill them...what do you think? For me so far that pierce gem is enough i don't really need 100% pierce doing t12-13 maps without problems and breaches are quite easy.All my res are capped so lower life is no problem and i have stone golem for extra hp regen it's not really needed but hey can't hurt, with my hp reserved i'm at 2k atm and feel quite comfortable. You can check my profile and throw some ideas at me : ))....Thanks again for this fun build.

I would try to find a way to go for Pain Attunement with chaos resist. This was an end game plan i had, but then chayula breaches hit me for 3k with caped chaos resists so I got scared to try. I tried to spend some time in the mana calculator (https://poe.mikelat.com/) but I couldnt find a way to get to exactly 30% life so no idea how exactly you would go about it.

Does hatred make a huge difference? It doesn't technically help out when it comes to poison DPS but I don't know how much it actually adds considering you don't get cold penetration and being non-crit means you don't shatter mobs. I only decided not to use it because I didn't want to have cold damage, allowing me to run ele reflect maps
"
Tibasu wrote:
"
Feanhor wrote:
Hey there!

I would try to find a way to go for Pain Attunement with chaos resist. This was an end game plan i had, but then chayula breaches hit me for 3k with caped chaos resists so I got scared to try. I tried to spend some time in the mana calculator (https://poe.mikelat.com/) but I couldnt find a way to get to exactly 30% life so no idea how exactly you would go about it.

Does hatred make a huge difference? It doesn't technically help out when it comes to poison DPS but I don't know how much it actually adds considering you don't get cold penetration and being non-crit means you don't shatter mobs. I only decided not to use it because I didn't want to have cold damage, allowing me to run ele reflect maps

Yea you were right to go for projectile weakness tried hatred with beacon didn't really boost damage much but 2nd curse does help a lot and that 100% pierce is viable. I'm still having 4 auras on me thou, but now i have put clarity on my mana with 2 curses and discipline on my life. 7.4k ES atm and 2.5k hp when reserved and still didn't run into chayula that hit me hard. lv85 atm gonna push it to 90 so all that is left for those 5 points either i grab ranger projectile damage nodes or go to scion for more ES lol will see what feels better...Again ty for amazing build had a lot of fun with it.
Alright, after messing and trying various stuff settled with dual curse on blasphemy, clarity on mana reserve and discipline on my life but i took 2nd curse from the tree and left ascendancy on void beacon and i must say for me personally feels way smoother play and bosses dies much faster. Was trying to put ring for that 2nd curse but couldn't cap my res so this was easiest solution.Was even trying various daggers and other weapons because that flame dash/warp feels clunky when you need to move fast from dangerous hit but loss on damage is just too huge.Build is fun and good farmer not really for end game but never the less quite enjoyable.
Last edited by Feanhor on Apr 6, 2017, 1:46:16 PM
Hey, can you use CI with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info