[2.6] The Roadrunner -- Lab Speedrunner and BossKiller [w/ Videos]

with 5k life a hit needs to do more than 7100 damage to kill you (when you calculate in Mind over matter)

Spoiler

Maximum HP = 0.7 * Maximum hit taken

5000 = 0.7 * Maximum hit taken

5000/0.7 = Maximum hit taken

Maximum hit taken = 7142

With 6000 HP, that would go up to 8500.

Note that for this math to be correct you'll need:

Maximum hit taken - Maximum HP = Maximum mana needed
7142 - 5000 - Maximum mana needed
2142 mana unreserved. (That's with 5000 HP)
Cruel Preperation is an efficient node to take, I believe. From the current skilltree,
it takes 3 points to reach and we get 15% hp and 5% to all res.
I´m at 4,7K HP now, all my gear has high life rolls on it.
Since I specced out of the Assassin start, dmg feels kinda low.
I´m gonna level a little more and then I´m gonna do Merciless Lab.
And when I believe my HP is high enough and my gear is optimized, I´ll attempt Uber.
Overall there are a couple of skillnodes in the finalized tree , that I probably won´t take.
I specced out of Nullification as the energy shield does nothing for us and it´s 5% life for 2 nodes.
All resi and eva is good, but i rather sacrifice the evasion rating and get more life.
Also , I am thinking about grabbing Acro and Phase Acro. That would be a hefty 7 Point investment though. Don´t know if that´s worth it. The branch into the duelist area to grab Bravery
is also in question right now, from a life point of view. For 5 Points we get 13% life.
That´s 2,6% life per node. I don´t think that´s worth it. Art of the Gladiator gives us
6% movementspeed technically, because without that node, we would get the penalty from shield
and Body ARmour which is 6% each. So for 5 points we get 13% and 6% movement speed.
I think I don´t give a shit about losing these 6% MS and I rather invest in more efficient life or damage nodes.

"
Cruel Preperation is an efficient node to take, I believe. From the current skilltree,
it takes 3 points to reach and we get 15% hp and 5% to all res.
I´m at 4,7K HP now, all my gear has high life rolls on it.
Since I specced out of the Assassin start, dmg feels kinda low.
I´m gonna level a little more and then I´m gonna do Merciless Lab.
And when I believe my HP is high enough and my gear is optimized, I´ll attempt Uber.
Overall there are a couple of skillnodes in the finalized tree , that I probably won´t take.
I specced out of Nullification as the energy shield does nothing for us and it´s 5% life for 2 nodes.
All resi and eva is good, but i rather sacrifice the evasion rating and get more life.
Also , I am thinking about grabbing Acro and Phase Acro. That would be a hefty 7 Point investment though. Don´t know if that´s worth it. The branch into the duelist area to grab Bravery
is also in question right now, from a life point of view. For 5 Points we get 13% life.
That´s 2,6% life per node. I don´t think that´s worth it. Art of the Gladiator gives us
6% movementspeed technically, because without that node, we would get the penalty from shield
and Body ARmour which is 6% each. So for 5 points we get 13% and 6% movement speed.
I think I don´t give a shit about losing these 6% MS and I rather invest in more efficient life or damage nodes.

Evasion = MS. The whole point of the build is to blaze through uber lab and farm it super quick. If I wanted to make the build more tanky I'd have specced out most of the evasion nodes, grabbed the missed 5% life nodes on tree and went acrobatics. That would obviously lower the speed of the build greatly (QotF, eva=MS) which kind of kills the point of the build as a lab farmer.
"
Currently at lvl 70 with this build on HC. Farming Dried Lake getting ready to map.
Movespeed already feels very good. But I wonder if i can get above 5k HP with my kind of gear
and wether Uber Izaro will kill me. Also, do you use a Basalt Flask for Uber ?
I probably will as it helps with traps too.

And is this the type of build all these Labspeedrunner Pathfinders who get crazy times play ?
I wanted to check some of the top players profiles but all of them are on private.

edit: Oh heck I´m gettin cold feet now. I´m at lvl 72 and my gear isn´t all that bad but I´m still at 3,8k hp. I might have to get rid of that Devotos, but that would still only put me near 4K.
I don´t know if i can min max my gear that much, to even achieve the 4,6K life TO said were the minimum to do Uber.. I hope I didn´t put time and effort in a build that won´t be Uber Viable on HC.
But on the other hand the ladders are FULL of PF´s.

You will get plenty of HP with levels.
Belts with a lot of life and res are going for few chaos bought the first one for few chaos leather belt and then bought this one for a bit more two days ago the flask mod on belt is not mandatory and more cherry on top.
The ring with some cute rolls can be a bit expensive but you doesn't need all of them ( watch my crappy two stone rings for more informations :D )

Here are my gears they are far from beeing optimized and i'm running on a 5L ( level 93 now ):

As you can see you don't need much investements to get started, you have to remember having lower hp doesn't mean you can't farm uber Izaro it just mean it will be a bit less comfortable. I started to farm it at level 85 with way worse gears than that. Now i can carry up to 4 players ( failed my attempt with 5 players ). If you want to improve your survability it will be also trought the damages from gems levels. Beeing able to kill Izaro fast is the best defense layer :)

I'm at 5.3k HP with scourge + shield setup and a bit less with dual obliteration.
Hope it can help :)
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Apr 5, 2017, 4:05:40 AM
Shit, now I feel like I was talking out my ass ? lol.Are guys consistently doing Uber on HC ?If so I´ll just stfu and accept my fate once Izaro fucks me.Because then I can rest assured that it was me and not the build. If 2 dudes in here are doing that, I´ll just follow the build and might even gofull Yolo with Devoto´s and a second Obliteration.

edit: At which level did you guys start to farm uber comfortably?
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 5, 2017, 6:37:42 AM
"
Shit, now I feel like I was talking out my ass ? lol.Are guys consistently doing Uber on HC ?If so I´ll just stfu and accept my fate once Izaro fucks me.Because then I can rest assured that it was me and not the build. If 2 dudes in here are doing that, I´ll just follow the build and might even gofull Yolo with Devoto´s and a second Obliteration.

edit: At which level did you guys start to farm uber comfortably?

I'm not playing HC, but am able to do Uber lab very quick and deathless recently. (I started doing Uber lab at around 86).
Because I'm lazy to dodge and still want to use this char to do some maps, I took a different approach to this build: I took Vaal Pact, and leech with Warlord's Mark & Atziri's Promise. This way, I can facetank Uber Izaro and T15 bosses with just 4k4 HP & 2k mana (will try Shaper & Guardians when I'm bored lol).
For Uber lab, I will avoid some deadly combo, other than that, I feel confident facetank everything.
You can take a look at my char MazeHater for more info.
And sorry if my English is bad.
Had the itch to get a pathfinder happening again this league so giving this a shot. Thanks for the well written guide OP.

In terms of uber lab I started aggressively farming it at about lvl 81 (i'm in softcore btw). by 83 i was carrying 3 people no probs on 300 ping in rippy izaro runs (conduits/fonts/charges) without issue. It's surprisingly tanky and very forgiving IF:

a) you actually remember that you're playing the flask ascendancy and actually use the as opposed to mindlessly facetanking izaro.
b) You remember that you have such crazy speed you can reposition instantly which means when you take the occasional big hit, you give yourself some distance and a few seconds to gain all your health/mana back.

i was fairly lucky as I already had mostly decent gear but am also only on a 5 link (missing void manipulation). I think i'll probably do this as a league starter next league. It's all pretty common/easy to farm gear except for scourge and you could easily change that for something else to get started.

Anyways thanks for the build op and well done :)
Last edited by gote66666 on Apr 5, 2017, 7:32:26 AM
"
Awesome, I was just trying to decide what to do with my legacy raider, frost blades has been meh.

I loved playing your witch earthquake char in prophecy :)

How do I use smoke mine to increase run speed? Vs. phase run? Just alternate them or something for the 6 second buff?

Wow, I wasn't even streaming or posting builds during prophecy. I guess we met up through a lab carry or something? That witch was fun, but used what is now the legacy voidheart, and EQ before the nerfs, and fully buffed curses before boss nerf, ...

Smoke mine is best used in long zones (it lasts for 15s, but takes some time to place and detonate the mine). Phase run can be used after smoke mine or by itself for shorter zones when the extra 30ms from smoke mine doesn't make up for the mine placement and detonation time.
"
ZePample wrote:
Any chance you post a video of map clearing (t10/t11)?

I will look to do this soon, as well as a video of a lab run.

Edit: Added a t10 map run and demo lab run (section 'Videos'). As mentioned in the post, I will add videos of other boss kills soon.
Last edited by itsMartini on Apr 5, 2017, 6:11:56 PM
"
I specced out of the Assassin Start and now I have 4,7k HP.
I´d like to get to 5K and even 6K to feel safe for uber but since we are evasion based,
it probably doesn´t matter how much HP we get here. If Izaro Crits, he Crits and if I don´t evade
that either manually or through the mechanic, then I´m probably dead.
5 or 6 K won´t make a difference there. I only completed Uber on a Juggernaut with 8 endurance charges.
I always had around 6 K life on there. And once I tanked a leap slam without my endurance charges up.
That was almost a oneshot. So I assume anything that isn´t Izaros default attack, can oneshot us.

I have now completed the lab around 500 times on this character. I have never died to Izaro or Argus. I died once to traps while reading chat and standing in roombas. I died once to the snowflake reflect aura on the cold lieutenant (after Izaro was dead, wasn't paying attention). The build is very safe, and the important thing to realize is that with MoM and over 2k mana, 5k+ hp is quite a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info