[2.6] Terminus Est CoC [Flicker Strike/Cyclone] [Life/Evasion] Over 1M DPS

"
Brejuro wrote:
How would you say this build compares to your vortex/blight build post nerf? Also whats the HC viability of this build. Those bleeds in your cyclone video almost ripped you

It's definitely not as strong as my other build, as that was just so many defensive layers that it was really impossible to die. This build is life/evasion without Kaom's so there's always the chance you get one shot by some crazy crit. Honestly, I really didn't think this build would even work past yellow maps as it got really rough in the 60's because I was really undergeared, but it's come together very nicely and far exceeded my expectations. I don't think this build is HC viable purely because melee life/evasion builds that don't stack life to 7k are just not really viable in general. I'm sure if you tried to make this CI it could work, but I found it hard to get enough accuracy to make CI viable, since there aren't any 2H sword accuracy nodes in the upper tree like there are dagger ones. You could do a Vagan dagger cyclone version if you wanted, but at that point just play a different CI CoC build. Also the bleeds don't really matter if I'm hitting something unless it's like 20+ corrupting blood stacks. I just don't really notice very quickly so I pot late. With Toxic Delivery, bleeds will hurt even less so they're not that concerning.

I think I could kill Guardians at this point if I had the maps, but I'd need to link my Cospri's if I want to do Shaper. I failed to 6L mine in 300 fuses and I'm out of currency so I just can't even use it since it's worse than my 6L without at least a 5L.

Also, if anyone wants to know how it fares in lab, traps are annoying for VP of course, but Uber Izaro was a joke. He dies in a few seconds each stage. You need to swap to Cyclone in lab, though, because otherwise you end up just flickering into traps and on all the adds and not hitting Izaro.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 15, 2017, 12:38:00 PM
What's your aps and dps with flicker strike? Is it a main part of your damage?
hey, looks a really nice build. Maybe instead of getting BV if you took EK with the jewel, it's interesting to invest in point blank, it might do more damage than BV. Also, now that you don't use BV, you might not need the duration nodes.

Ah, by the way, if you don't mind losing +15 flat mana, and considering that you don't have any mana flask, primal spirit is objectively better than arcane chemistry, since it gives 5% more flask charges gained.
"
fushuan wrote:
hey, looks a really nice build. Maybe instead of getting BV if you took EK with the jewel, it's interesting to invest in point blank, it might do more damage than BV. Also, now that you don't use BV, you might not need the duration nodes.

Ah, by the way, if you don't mind losing +15 flat mana, and considering that you don't have any mana flask, primal spirit is objectively better than arcane chemistry, since it gives 5% more flask charges gained.

The thing about duration is that it double dips (BV duration, poison duration). You lose a lot of poison dps dropping it. IDK which is better, and it's probably just personal preference I'm sure you can go either way.

Also, Arcane chemistry is reduced charges, not charges gained. It's much better than Primal spirit, because reduced charges is way better than inc charges gained.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 28, 2017, 12:52:54 PM
Hi!

Nice build ! I was planning on doing a Terminus build as I looted one quite early in the league and as I looked through the forum I found your guide, it got me quite interested :)

I still don't know if I want to go life or CI (depends on the stuff I loot, especially dat sweet Cospri ! )

But I'd rather go CI, so I put up this tree, what do you think ?
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAcAAOsWKABzsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df2Eb9RCtUjrYxEvKwpd8ioLcFKJ04w2bWzndMEA9Uu-OujWIurDOio4m7WExQW1BnBOn3p_jb9RR-dUJP3_3t74pHjB1TfU7T8-z73mNj1VhaXLDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rQ0F9qXEBUvRXtlovVuewYLL8V14auVmN_xpMnbAsi9G0Z74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmEVA1uacrl_RSUz1fHU-XlUyzIG5QMNte0B_v6xEPrJj314RIXGvDbeywjAu5fISiB5lZ8EyOMjIQktmGvG8AAAAAAA==

Note : I took the "unnatural calm" node to maybe get the additional curse sometimes

When I'm at it, do you think it is better to go Assassin or Trickster if I want to go CI?
How much life do you have? And do you have the PoB code for your build to share?
How are you running all the auras?

Blasphemy + Warlord's
Herald of Ash
Arctic Armor

That's an 85% reservation, just have a lot of +mana somewhere I'm not seeing?
Dragon would you mind throwing a couple pointers?

Level 86, he cruises through mobs, but most bosses I get trounced. Struggle with tier:13+ Including regular Atziri.

I have a cospri 6s, but struggling to 6l the pos! Til' then, running with a 6l tunic like you recommended. Thoughts?

Gear
Spoiler

i looked and behold
a Pale horse
his name that rode on him
was Death
and hell followed with him
"
EbolaZaire wrote:
Dragon would you mind throwing a couple pointers?

Level 86, he cruises through mobs, but most bosses I get trounced. Struggle with tier:13+ Including regular Atziri.

I have a cospri 6s, but struggling to 6l the pos! Til' then, running with a 6l tunic like you recommended. Thoughts?

Gear
Spoiler

A basalt flask will help a lot. I did run into issues with Guardian survival, though. I realized when I got to the end game why no one plays life based evasion builds. It works fine for mapping, but end game bosses are a bit tricky.
Basalt does help.
As does a 6l cospris, which I just got lucky and rolled the 6l after about 100 fuses the other day.
First 6L ever, very excited =D

Now I'm trying something silly, trying to port your build concept to an occultist witch.
I've never tried to build a class before, so forgive the trial and error approach. Plus with the end of legacy right around the corner, what's there to lose?

So far she's only level 58, just entered merc, I'm not sure how she's going to turn out. I probably could have planned it better, but winging it so far.
Once she's of level, I'm going to roll with heretic's veil for the ES and ability to amplify the curse, plus mebbe be able to tag in another curse or discipline.

I intend to use that 6l cospris, heretics veil, going to dump the haemophelia gloves in favor of ES and hope that the occultist's profane bloom has the same effect.
However, without the bleeding, I'm wondering if switching to daggers and speccing over to adder's touch, from the shadows, and flaying is sufficient enough.
Furthermore, if I'm dumping the Terminus Est... how do I get frenzy charges?

I'll let you know how it develops, could very well just be a yuge time sink.
Cheers
i looked and behold
a Pale horse
his name that rode on him
was Death
and hell followed with him

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info