[2.6] FrostBollet Hell.

Before we begin this is a work in progress. and i have seen similar ideas already, this is a compilation of my experience and what not with this build in hopes to attract more players to it.

All help is appreciated

Frostbollet hell

The idea behind the build is fairly simple. we utilize

and the skill FrostBolt to create a lot of projectiles in a nova like form.
we then add in Totems to allow this to be cast more frequently since with the Templar ascendancy
we gain 2 more totems for a total of 4.

Then along with this jewel

We are able to add even more damage,speed and projectiles to the mix. with 4 totems up and around 9 projectiles per totem we gain about 36 projectiles per cast, with casting speed totem nodes and faster casting added we create an affect akin to those impossible Asian bullet hell games.

But is it good?

Currently im about lvl 64 and have no issue killing pretty much anything. ive only tried T1 maps atm but the dmg and clearing is insane and i havnt had issues burning bosses as of yet.

What about a passive tree?

i havnt gotten around to even finishing my own tree. and as of now im probobly not going to upload one till i have a good enough idea of what i will be doing with the build.

So why post it then?

Because i would like YOUR help. this is a great idea imo and it's really fun to watch. i wanna make this as viable as possible so i'm Requesting your help!

• what unique's should i try to add?
  • What Notable passives should i try to pick up?
  • Should i convert my cold damage?
  • should i attempt to go Power charge crit freezy(pops?)

but i want to see it...
I'm not great when it comes to this sort of thing so if someone would like to see it in action before attempting this build of sorts, you can allways add me and ill do a few lake runs with you or something :3

TO BE CONTINUED!
Last edited by kilianshaw on Mar 13, 2017, 7:50:56 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 1:43:43 PM

Gloves are placeholder.
Last edited by Asheren on Mar 16, 2017, 2:50:49 AM
heh just noticed i have cold snap and fb. Its due to those two skills being interchangable thx to new jewel.

Snap has higer innate freeze chance soo if it can freeze a boss you can just swap jewel and skill and watch boss die while making coffe or something.
I'm thinking of trying this. I have a pizza stick build at level 48 that's not thrilling me and I have both uniques. Speaking of the jewel though, it's states:

"With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Frostbolt Projectiles gain 40% increased Projectile Speed per second"

Does "increased Projectile Speed per second" mean that if it lasts 2 seconds it gains 80% speed, or is "speed per second" just a bad way of saying speed, like "feet per second"?
Last edited by Saevan on Mar 17, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
"
Saevan wrote:
I'm thinking of trying this. I have a pizza stick build at level 48 that's not thrilling me and I have both uniques. Speaking of the jewel though, it's states:

"With at least 40 Intelligence in Radius, Frostbolt Projectiles gain 40% increased Projectile Speed per second"

Does "increased Projectile Speed per second" mean that if it lasts 2 seconds it gains 80% speed, or is "speed per second" just a bad way of saying speed, like "feet per second"?

In practical sense the blobs are slightly faster than my templar with 25% on shoes.

DPS for me atm is 5k tootltip per totem at 85 on 4L with L19 without quality gems.

Best thing is that i did not even had to set foot in failbirynth after cruel.
Last edited by Asheren on Mar 17, 2017, 11:27:37 AM
Could you post a video on how this build looks and feels gameplay-wise? I had the same idea before the league but went with a safer starter. Thanks for sharing!
http://plays.tv/video/58cc2209cf3ac4e4b3/frostbolololt
My tree atm. Next 2 pts will go to top jewel slot with allong with 30 dex node once i tweak my gear to get those few missing pts of dexterity. I intend to put anima stone there once i can afford it.

I have not picked the extra power charges as i have not found non gimick way to sustain them during boss fights. Glowes blue will be enlighten for little bit of extra ehp from mom.

Golems chaos/lighting fire/stone depending on how much survivability i need.

Currently running t7-t9 with rampage breaches trying to get my hands on null and void. Ofc helmet will be FB dmg but i seriously hate failbirynth.

Hp 3975. Mana after reservation 311+623 ES.

Tooltip dps 7350x4 totems.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAGRBAcEUQSzCPQRDxSwFm8XLxdUGGoaOBzcHwIigSSqJy8qEy3SMjQy0TbFNuk6FjpYOthDyEVHRZ1G10lPTC1Ms08EU1JT1FXGVdZWSlcpWAdYbVjlWitboF5dZDNk52ZUZp5oWmjyakNr220ZcYVyD3gvfA58g3zlfRiApIIegpuD24UyhXuGgouMjHaNgo48jxqPRpBVlG-VBJctmjua4JuhnqGfAaIAo_KnCKdVp5SsmK-bsUK3MbyqvOrAVMBm0B_R5NH91abYJNrd2wvbXuFz42rr7uw47Tzv6_Af8xH53frS
Last edited by Asheren on Mar 18, 2017, 4:00:31 PM
Well, this build is coming along nicely. I had issues with mana since when running discipline and anger I only had enough for 1 totem cast before needed some regen to do it again. I switched to arctic armour which is more comfortable but perhaps less defensive. I haven't been getting hit much anyway.

The only other issue is the loot sweep required after several screens of stuff dies. :)

My gear is a mix as is my tree, since I was heading for a CI pizza stick build (thus the name, 'CheeseAndSausage').

Overall though, a very effective build so far.
"
Saevan wrote:
Well, this build is coming along nicely. I had issues with mana since when running discipline and anger I only had enough for 1 totem cast before needed some regen to do it again. I switched to arctic armour which is more comfortable but perhaps less defensive. I haven't been getting hit much anyway.

The only other issue is the loot sweep required after several screens of stuff dies. :)

My gear is a mix as is my tree, since I was heading for a CI pizza stick build (thus the name, 'CheeseAndSausage').

Overall though, a very effective build so far.

If you have spare firt snow you can try cold snap version for bit more variety.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info