[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
SoulTouched wrote:
Spoiler
"
Molochmane wrote:
"
gardian90 wrote:
I'm done with terminus est, damage is too low. Swapping to Kitava's feast and speccing out of melee splash slayer ascendancy.

Too low as in? mob clear or boss fights? or sustainability?

Sustainability for perma-flicker is fine with one or two mana leech nodes. Mob clear is great. Boss fight is trash, not because of sustainability, but because of lack of defenses to cope with major hits which you will inevitably eat because of flickering uncontrollably, if you are using flicker, and which you will definitely eat if you are switching to Viper Strike for a bit. Note that I am not even talking about ONE shots. I am simply talking about major hits. That's why Atziri's Acuity is so crucial: we don't have Vaal Pact, so we desperately need something to help offset big hits right away since we don't have any other major defenses.

We don't do SO MUCH damage that a boss dies right away, so that indirect form of "defense" (even though that's a pretty weak defense), is not available.

Our life leech is okay but not enough (even with brutal fervour) because it isn't supported by the tree, so it just isn't speedy enough. Again, that's why Atziri's Acuity is needed so badly for the insta-leech. Same with evasion --- not supported by the tree. Armour is trash in general, so I don't care about that. 30% dodge due to Phase Acrobatics is not really that significant, since the probability of eating a big shot is still significant (at least around 60%, assuming you have some bonuses from gear), and some bosses have decently high attack speed (e.g. T12 Chateau corrupted bosses).

One reason why mob clear is fine is because it is VERY easy to re-fill flasks; for boss fights, sometimes there are no trash mobs to eat while killing the boss, and you can often run into issues as your life flask runs out.

There is some damage mitigation due to Fortify/Arctic Armour/(sometimes some Pantheon powers), but once you are getting to T12 and stuff, that mitigation isn't enough unless you have a big enough life pool. This is where Kaom's Heart (and Atziri's Acuity) starts to become absolutely crucial. Note that because damage starts to become shit at around T11/T12 bosses, Abyssus becomes very important, and Abyssus makes you take at least 40% extra physical damage, which basically nullifies any bonus from Fortiy/Arctic Armour.

There are builds that can do content all the way up to Shaper on cheaper gear (have a look at some of the Cyclone+Slayer builds in this forum), which can then be optimized even further. It is better to take a build like that, and once you can afford Atziri's Acuity/Kaom's Heart, you can try out something like Terminus Est flicker.

1) I do have my fair share with boss fights, it's true that DPS plays a role with survability. Maintaining frenzy charges is almost as important...getting unlucky streak of non-crit hits can turn a fight into a nightmare. Your milage may vary from encounter, gear and experience of play style. I did run stibnite/jade flask with critical strikes refill mods to aid my survability, it helps.

2) Acuity is a game changer...it's a no brainer quality of life change. But not every player can have alot of income at the start of any temp league (made my duelist as my 2nd after farming some currency).

3) There are builds can do the same content with cheaper gear. It's just players preference and playstyle.

"
pampersas wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you that it is impossible to get the end game gear for 10c, but is there any kind of budget gear which would help me to farm? I mean with the same budget (10c, weapon excluded). Because as of this time I'm level 70 and I can't even complete T2 maps

rares with good life and decent resistance, capping resistances is pretty important

a decent weapon can be the most expensive thing, just safe up for a terminus, preferably with capped crit chance.

belt of the deceiver for an alc if you are missing damage. it's cheap, has some damage, life and resists plus less damage taken from crits and the intimidation debuff which add another 10%(?) damage on top of all your modifiers

btw you don't need to farm maps, you can go reliquary and grind there

edit: now that i looked at your gear i see where your problems are. you have basically no life on your jewelry. you should also link your flicker strike with increased critical strike support which does more than a 30% diamond ring. also get some more int on your gear so you can drop that 30 int note and that slot which are to far away. also take those sword and life nodes in the bottom left
Last edited by Kobayashi on Aug 29, 2017, 5:19:01 AM
Any suggestions on how I can improve? Saving for Atziri's Acuity but that's obviously a ways away. I could afford a six-link Terminus Est but that would zero out my savings for Acuity.

5,760 life and capped resists. Mana leech from a jewel, the rest are all phys damage and crit chance/multiplier.

Lastly, can someone explain whether getting Atziri's Acuity will prevent the Retch from benefiting from Endless Hunger? I.e. will it still be able to do chaos damage after I'm at 100% health?

Last edited by TheAmbler on Aug 29, 2017, 2:41:48 PM
So, I am just getting into this game for the first time and this build is really cool and fun so far, but I have a quick question: Where do you get Endurance Charges from? Besides Daresso's Defiance I can't seem to figure out where they would come from. What am I missing here?
There is no endurance charge generation in this build besides for daresso. This build doesn't require it, Daresso's just gives that bonus.
I posted this in a new thread, but got no responses and I figured it might belong here anyway.

I've played a couple of characters over the years in PoE, but never reached end-game. I'm trying to with this league. Thing is, I'm a bit unsure about how to progress now. I know I'll finish the story (currently act 6), but more on the topic of gear, when to upgrade, etc.

This is my current character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chrishobbel/characters
I'm following this guide. I am leveling with sunder.

My main issue is a lack of a clear goal. I am a bit lost on what to work towards, so I'm looking a short term purpose for this character. This is what the below questions ideally should help me with. I know I wanna transition to sunder as soon as possible, but not before it's effective.

Questions:

1) I was planning on getting a cauterizer for faster leveling, but at 5-6 chaos (have 5 currently) I'd rather save towards terminus est. Good idea?

2) Should I get a different leveling weapon, like Kaom's Primacy (culling seems nice) or Marohi Erqi or something else entirely?

3) Because of dying, I have used Purity of Elements since starting act 6. But it's mana heavy. Are there any obvious gear upgrades or changes I could do to not be dependent on Purity of Elements?

4) When should I transition to flicker? When I can afford Terminus Est?

5) Any obvious and glaring gear or build improvements I can do at this time? I know the skill tree isn't ideal for my current build (probably), but seeing as the end goal is Korgorths flicker that is acceptable.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Hey lvl81 atm, any recommendations what maps (t11-13) 2 shape when running flicker strike, open maps are meh I guess? :>
I am getting my ass minorly destroyed in t14 maps and i'm not sure why. I am resist capped, just under 5k life, tons of life steal. I don't understand where my problem is with my build but i'm getting wrecked by a large amount of different things. Any chance you could look at my build (SeizurProcedur) and toss some advice?
"
achmedclaus wrote:
I am getting my ass minorly destroyed in t14 maps and i'm not sure why. I am resist capped, just under 5k life, tons of life steal. I don't understand where my problem is with my build but i'm getting wrecked by a large amount of different things. Any chance you could look at my build (SeizurProcedur) and toss some advice?

I'd suggest unprivating characters on your profile first(google if you don't know how to do such)
I think in the description of the build you need to change something: we have 5 frenzy charges and not 6 as written, and where did 6 come from the author if he has passive skills and there is no charge in the items? And one more thing: it can be seen on screens that he specifically changed the items for something since it is clear that in one case he has 6500hp and in the other he has 6800xhp)
not very nice happened)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info