[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Just reached level 76 and things seem to be going well. I am only at 3.7K life, but I am just now hitting the life wheel so I hope that will start climbing a little. I have been running the low level maps (1-5) with no problem and will now start slowly moving up the map ladder. I periodically try running the Merciless lab, but still keep getting killed by Izzaro. Not to worried about it as everything else seems to be going well. I have 100c burring a hole in my pocket and am not sure what to upgrade next. Please check out my equipment and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Skua99 on Mar 27, 2017, 2:21:20 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Fetus
Interesting question. I can tell you what i do. First of all i must mention that i never flip currency and items - never, it seems that flipping is the best way to amass currency but simply cannot stomach it. So besides random currency drops ( this league i had a very good luck and had a few exalt drops, though no good item drops ), i do something that every streamer and "mlg pro player" will tell you NOT to do - i do unID chaos recipes. Literally half of the currency for my gear was made by unID chaos recipes. The whole notion of "Uh, chaos unID recipe takes so much time and slows you down so much, uh, it's garbage don't bother..." seems like a sheer stupidity to me... how much time does it really take to pick up the rare loot from the boss (if the loot is more than an inventory just leave the excess rares) and dump it to a stash tab and to just be on the look for rings and amulets? Not doing unID chaos recipe... ridiculous ... especially in the first 2 weeks of a league where the chaos has a huge value... I don't know ... i might be the stupid one...
Other than that - don't waste currency unless its 100% necessary, don't do content that will bring you less currency 99% compared to the option of just selling its entry items (sac. sets, shaper fragments, uber lab offerings, unless you know that you can easily handle the uber lab). Sell your T16 maps - 95% of the time you won't get from them the 20c+ that you can sell them for, and please, PLEASE sell your reliquary keys ... 50c ... for a gamble that you'll loose, when you need currency for a specific item ... don't do it, just don't.

That's some good advice, thanks. Been holding off on the chaos recipe exactly because of the reasons you mentioned. But ever since ambush I haven't really identified a single item actually worth selling that would've justified not doing the recipe.
If switching out another attack instead of flicker is your goal for killing end game bosses, Viper is hella fast and amazing. You can even switch to lacerate if you like.
@12naruto

Sustaining power charges in end-game boss fights - usually you don't (besides gaining some from spawned adds) but causes absolutely no problems so don't worry about it. Inspired learning was never my thing ... perhaps because i have a Headhunter and after that you can never go to the one-mod jewel. But if you enjoy it you can totally use it! Eagle eye vs Deadly Dilettante ... hard to say ... Eagle eye costs one point less, gives a bit more damage and accuracy instead of the Deadly Dilettantes' damage... so i really can't say.

@Skua99
Buy a Taste of Hate, then I'd say start saving for Atziri's Acuity.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Increased elemental or psyhical damage? Which one is better for this great build?
"
Somoleks wrote:
Increased elemental or psyhical damage? Which one is better for this great build?

Physical FTW
So I've been playing around w/ the build some more. If Viper Strike is going to be the go to for boss killing, I am playing around w/ auras and sockets.

I switched from Hatred + Herald of Ash + Enlightened + Arctic Armour to HoA + Blash/AM + AA and put in my sword Spell totem + Wither + Faster Casting + (will be increased duration) + Increased AOE and this dps increase to Shaper, Uber Izaro, Mino, and Phoenix is incredible.

I also played around w/ putting in CWDT + BV + PcoC + Inc Crit Strike Chance + Increased AOE. This allows you to have those power charges on the Guardians and Shaper w/out relying on the adds as much and keeps the Blasph/AM CC for mobs. It's pretty nice and gives more consistent CC throughout all fights allowing you to use Flicker or Lacerate on bosses.

Edit: Wanted to add that the 6th socket in both of these set ups is Rallying Cry for extra DPS.
Last edited by Vashseden on Mar 27, 2017, 8:17:09 AM
@Somoleks
Physical.

@Vashseden
Sounds good to me, the wither totem + Viper strike for some end-game boss fights sounds like a nice idea to me. About CWDT + BV + Pcoc does it really trigger often enough to actually keep your charges up?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Vashseden wrote:
So I've been playing around w/ the build some more. If Viper Strike is going to be the go to for boss killing, I am playing around w/ auras and sockets.

I switched from Hatred + Herald of Ash + Enlightened + Arctic Armour to HoA + Blash/AM + AA and put in my sword Spell totem + Wither + Faster Casting + (will be increased duration) + Increased AOE and this dps increase to Shaper, Uber Izaro, Mino, and Phoenix is incredible.

I also played around w/ putting in CWDT + BV + PcoC + Inc Crit Strike Chance + Increased AOE. This allows you to have those power charges on the Guardians and Shaper w/out relying on the adds as much and keeps the Blasph/AM CC for mobs. It's pretty nice and gives more consistent CC throughout all fights allowing you to use Flicker or Lacerate on bosses.

Edit: Wanted to add that the 6th socket in both of these set ups is Rallying Cry for extra DPS Another Option would be Vaal Lightning Trap.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Somoleks
Physical.

@Vashseden
Sounds good to me, the wither totem + Viper strike for some end-game boss fights sounds like a nice idea to me. About CWDT + BV + Pcoc does it really trigger often enough to actually keep your charges up?

The BV PcoC is actually hella nice and yeah, it works well on extended boss fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info