PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Counter Clockwise Flushing PvP Melee - Scorching in through the outdoor Ray

"
trav_dawg wrote:
Haha I'm not high, it can be tanked fairly easy if you spec for it at all.

Some of my scorch gear as CI:

Obv not everyone has conv amulet but I don't even use it all the time... It's not a 20k es build (I have in the ballpark of 13k) and I can withstand most scorches longer than they can withstand mine.

I combine things like CI+Incandescent heart for effectively 25% reduced ele dmg taken, another 6% reduced dmg taken from Champion's "Conqueror" node, perma fortify (20% reduced), 20% reduced DoT on shield, high level AA, molten shell, enfeeble, chaos golem buff, purities for higher max res, and ofc resist flasks.

As crazy as I may sound, I think max fire res are being under-utilized. People forget that SR cannot penetrate. Shin used 100% fire res against me, as well as some other mechanics of course, so as long as his flasks were up it took me quite a few seconds before my damage even overpowered his modest regen. Players built like that can stand still and tank the dmg easily, now imagine if they actually move and try to evade the beam (which is easy).

All in all what you just say to people is : "play CI caster with auras so you can tank this shit skill". At least it s what I understand in your post.

Alo what you just posted is exactly what we complain: CI+ES+ reduced damage + molten shell scorched guy (just in case melee is not fucked enough, let s explode molten on their face) able to tank a lot of shit.

Ps: you might have forgotten to link your winter gloves

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 20, 2017, 1:59:56 AM
This is kind of like "use CI vs blight", it counters it completely, but not available for everyone. The difference between using the full counter and not using it, is too big.

And of course you are also tanky af, so it's not even like they need it for a few seconds to take down a glasscannon.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Mar 20, 2017, 5:51:11 AM
don't fuck with my guildmates(trav) or we'll throw you exalts until you get drowned.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 20, 2017, 5:54:23 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
don't fuck with my guildmates(trav) or we'll throw you exalts until you get drowned.

Oo Me want exalt shower.

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 20, 2017, 6:23:16 AM
Putin made a scorched toon lol

block+tempest+scorched. XD
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 20, 2017, 11:01:43 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:

Obv not everyone has conv amulet but I don't even use it all the time... It's not a 20k es build (I have in the ballpark of 13k) and I can withstand most scorches longer than they can withstand mine.

I combine things like CI+Incandescent heart for effectively 25% reduced ele dmg taken, another 6% reduced dmg taken from Champion's "Conqueror" node, perma fortify (20% reduced), 20% reduced DoT on shield, high level AA, molten shell, enfeeble, chaos golem buff, purities for higher max res, and ofc resist flasks.

As crazy as I may sound, I think max fire res are being under-utilized. People forget that SR cannot penetrate. Shin used 100% fire res against me, as well as some other mechanics of course, so as long as his flasks were up it took me quite a few seconds before my damage even overpowered his modest regen. Players built like that can stand still and tank the dmg easily, now imagine if they actually move and try to evade the beam (which is easy).

You need new Incandescent Heart
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
lol just go pathfinder like everyone and their mothers
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
lol just go pathfinder like everyone and their mothers

Wait....you mean a class that increases flask effectiveness, provides unlimited flasks, full status immunity + damage. In a game where flasks were implemented as an alternative answer to gear balance/choices when dealing with game mechanics.......is good? Like really how good could it possibly be in PvP? A place where flasks charges are extremely limited for everyone else and gear choices are even more narrow then PvM. You're a funny guy Rlowe.

What next will you tell me how elemental damage has favorable scaling over physical/chaos even to this day when people can achieve over 100% penetration? That there are glove enchants that instantly kill players on contact...that is currently carrying 98% of the PvPers? Or that mostly ranged builds but also some scrubby ass melee mofo's have area of effect overlap and multiple projectiles that also trivialize the algorithm? That'd just be silly man, no way.

Don't know if you guys saw but GGG posted up some office pics of guys working on the game. They had this one up for a second but removed it because PvM'ers got butt hurt that they were working on PvP.

~PvP balance

I'm going to roll a Pathfinder with Lacerate now so I can feel good about myself. Desperation has set in so I'm going to suck ass like everyone else since it's universally accepted, later bros!
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 20, 2017, 11:18:07 PM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:

All in all what you just say to people is : "play CI caster with auras so you can tank this shit skill". At least it s what I understand in your post.

Alo what you just posted is exactly what we complain: CI+ES+ reduced damage + molten shell scorched guy (just in case melee is not fucked enough, let s explode molten on their face) able to tank a lot of shit.

Ps: you might have forgotten to link your winter gloves

Haha the funny part is I use trash blue gloves. No winter enchant. They're so bad it's embarrassing (not even worth 1c) but the build still functions.

And yes I need new Inc heart but within a week of me acquiring the +1 corrupt they introduced the buff :( so it will be a while before I replace it.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:

Haha the funny part is I use trash blue gloves. No winter enchant. They're so bad it's embarrassing (not even worth 1c) but the build still functions.

And yes I need new Inc heart but within a week of me acquiring the +1 corrupt they introduced the buff :( so it will be a while before I replace it.

And yet the build does not function. I've yet to see Scorching Ray torch anything respectable except melee.

And since the current PoE zeitgeist favors ranged skills - Scorching Ray, although basically AIDS for melee, is completely susceptible to better mid and off-screen ranged skills.

The point of this thread was meant to show how Scorching Ray was relegating (most) melee to the recycle bin; however, again, against most other build types, Scorching Ray is "meh" at best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info