Counter Clockwise Flushing PvP Melee - Scorching in through the outdoor Ray

Now don't get me wrong, at present, there's few things I like better than (trigger warning) face-r*ping Scorching Ray builds (except flaskfinders - arousal is not consent?) in US/EU Ladders, with my equally toxic CWC build(s) (orgasmic); however, my melee builds - which I have preferred to use since I started losing with them in PvP version 1.3 - are helpless in the face of 'unlbockable,' 'undodgeable,' 'unavoidable,' flame-herpes.

There's no pill or rod for 'dis!

I don't know much about T-Values, AoE Overlap (thanks again for ending my Kinetic Blast build), but I can sorta comprehend broken when i see it...

Honestly, what does Scorching Ray do well in Pve/PvM? 'Hey super narrow column of monsters, stationary boss, hold still and in a relative line while I fire-shred you and oh, by the way, tell yer buddies not to, you know, chew peripheral assholes near my kidneys,'

It's a PvP skill.

Therefore, if GGG insists on maintaining this diarrhetic Scorching Ray of fecal torment - we happy few who still remain die-hard flaskfinder holdouts (as in, we don't whore-spec that way), will be forced out of melee (Starforge is pathetic, but nice try) into the fringes of ranged/trap/mine theory-crafting which further removes PvP from any semblance of egalitarian balance.

Or rather - in other words, I'd prefer to use my (non-mirrored) rare 2h sword again.

Last bumped on Mar 26, 2017, 2:35:39 PM
It doesn't make sense to you that a caster can just face tank everything your melee has?

It doesn't make sense to you that it by passes "cannot be ignited" on Ashrend and Chieftain?

It doesn't make sense that you need 2-3 ignite de-buff flasks and maybe another 1-2 instant heals just to survive the stand off?

Welcome to PoE, where casters/bow users have "glass cannon" damage even without crit and still "tank" survivability. This game was designed for sloth-like reflex having nerds with bed pans strapped to their ass's so they can grind race seasons. Plus now its coming to Xbox so..........lets be real here. Why else is there so much automation, traps that auto target x a wide radius cluster, aoe overlap, face tank casters/bow users. Just about anything with a melee tag is strictly PvM requiring on kills, stuns, bleeds which are irrelevant in PvP.

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I'm pretty sure their bed-pans have adjustable straps, but good point.
Scorching Ray has no pvp reduction, what else to discuss?

Just like Blight and "of Winter" enchant it needs some T constant.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
KB is still really good though. it's been stronger than LA since long time. the only weakness of KB is, versus a clever LA, they have to have 100% pierce or they can get countered by good placed frost walls and KB is kinda weaker to rumi + rearguard due to its multi hitting nature.

about scorching ray, i can say nothing. yeah it hits hard, it gives really hard time to CI builds. yeah and yeah. just another day in poe pvp: new broken shit with every patch and weirdo people are digging, "mining" ego/pride out of broken skills, call it skill. call others inferior.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 11, 2017, 10:54:41 AM
"
[Something something] I declare that this is a PvP skill

No. There is no such thing as a PvP skill, everything is PvE-originated, and balanced around PvE. Whatever we experience in PvP is just inherently added properties of PvE, without any care given to PvP balance at all. It's silly to pretend they added this power level on purpose.

BTW SR in particular was designed for Xbone, iirc they stated that in one of the interviews. It's a low aim requirement skill, you one-tap white mobs, 1-2 tap champs, and hold for single target.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:

BTW SR in particular was designed for Xbone, iirc they stated that in one of the interviews. It's a low aim requirement skill, you one-tap white mobs, 1-2 tap champs, and hold for single target.

I'm pretty sure the shit from Blade Vortex and onward was all designed for console use. All the automation shit was designed for console play.

But I explained this to him in voice chat last night as of typing this, but Scorching Ray and Vortex weren't necessarily abusive or exploitative as much as they were just overpowered. When I think "abuse" or "exploit", I think of EA immediately. Scorching Ray just needs its damage reduced. Once that happens, problem solved.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
The only problem with scorched come from the fact they can also stack 20k es on top of it.
They might not be that strong when 3.0 come even without T value

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 12, 2017, 3:12:44 AM
SR just needs t-value just like vortex. It still requires lots of scaling in order too be powerful in PVE.

Here's some fun SR PVE stuff:

AhfackNoPants Shaper
https://youtu.be/9wYYhMi9eVk

Bosses:
https://youtu.be/PYdBFvdzW4I
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 12, 2017, 8:38:10 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
The only problem with scorched come from the fact they can also stack 20k es on top of it.
They might not be that strong when 3.0 come even without T value

This is true, that's also partly why cwdt/cws es troll builds are so strong. Everything still needs T values though. Then again its just another close quarter melee problem.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info