[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

How about use Doryani's Catalyst instead one claw? 130% elemental dmg, same crit chance and some elemental leech
Last edited by Dezek on Mar 19, 2017, 4:28:24 PM
"
Dezek wrote:
How about use Doryani's Catalyst instead one claw? 130% elemental dmg, same crit chance and some elemental leech
You dont need the added leech. if you die its to a one shot. Leech doesn't help that.
"
rejechted wrote:
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
rejechted wrote:
Would there be any benefit to going CI with this build? Would make it more "non-budget" but would allow more generic gear from some of my other characters to work. It looks like it would be roughly 22-25 points to re-do this tree as CI since you'd have to basically abandon the bottom cluster, not sure if you could afford to lose the extra frenzy and cold pen in that area.

I personally feel it will be alot weaker.

Yeah. OK! Excited to be playing a life build. My FB totems char can pretty much clear most boss content, and this already feels like it will be way better for clear speed. Any advice on single target setup swaps?

You dont need to swap anything until shaper or harder guardians. and the main swap there would be to a abysses helm. nice boost in single target damage.
Where do you place your jewels? I can see one above the Fervour +1 Frenzy Charge, but where is the other one? The one next to golem's blood does not have enough dex, and neither does the one next to Blood Drinker or Vaal pact.
"
Icemasta wrote:
Where do you place your jewels? I can see one above the Fervour +1 Frenzy Charge, but where is the other one? The one next to golem's blood does not have enough dex, and neither does the one next to Blood Drinker or Vaal pact.

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered a few times in this single thread, but you don't need to actually need to allocate the dex nodes around the jewel slot for it to work. All the jewel positions you listed have at least 40 dex in a medium radius around it.
"
Kajean wrote:
"
Icemasta wrote:

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered a few times in this single thread, but you don't need to actually need to allocate the dex nodes around the jewel slot for it to work. All the jewel positions you listed have at least 40 dex in a medium radius around it.

^ This :)
Hello!!!

I'm 82 now, and i have some problem with one shot death's, now i have 5.150 life and cap all resists, how can i solve it? or its low life base?

already thought about CI version?
"
I'm 82 now, and i have some problem with one shot death's

Same story
The flaw with this build is that it can't get tons of damage while also being tanky. If you go CI you will lose so much damage because you have to dedicate so many points to it and will basically have to use a shield because otherwise you will barely have more energy shield than an optimized life version of the build.

You can also stack more life, up to 6.5k life from what I've seen from other players with Kaom's Roots, Belly of the Beast, shield with life, life on every piece, etc. But your damage will be bad.

This build is not an overpowered CI tanky build with a million DPS. However, I got to level 95 with the build and a build has to be at least moderately survivable to get that far. You have to get carried by Wise Oak to reduce fire and lightning damage (I always balance my fire and lightning resist to be the same amount so I get damage reduction for both) and Taste of Hate for cold and physical damage. You will die to a random volatile though if you stand next to it, so you have to be careful.

I was looking at Mathil's Frost Blades CI set up and his damage is just kind of bad. Especially given how much better almost all his pieces of gear are compared to my life based version. If I had rings/amulets/weapons that were as good as his, I wouldn't even need Abyssus to kill Shaper. His weapon is almost worth more than my entire gear. His chest piece is worth more than double my entire gear.

edit: I have also tried Path Finder and this is my findings:

1. Flask up time is no different because the fast clear speed of Raider and Path Finder makes it so the flasks will always be up no matter what.

2. Slower movement than Raider because you don't stack as many Frenzy charges and get less benefit from them. The flask movement speed isn't very impressive.

3. Boss damage is bad because you have no way to get Frenzy charges during the boss because all your ways to get it are on kill. Raider you just attack the boss and get to max Frenzy really quick. I did a Chimera run yesterday as Path Finder and I almost lost all portals as while on Raider I did Chimera deathless.

4. Slightly more survivable while mapping because you will never get shocked and you take less damage from elemental.

Overall, I do not like Pathfinder for the build. If Path Finder had a decent way of getting charges in a single target boss fight though, it'd be pretty good.
Last edited by Kajean on Mar 20, 2017, 10:05:20 AM
Ok!

Do you have any tips for uber lab, to be honest with you, i never did uber lab with a life base build.

Basically because of vaal pact its pretty hard keep me alive in a trap sequence

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info