[3.9?] Sidefx Frost Blades - Hyped for Support +

"
Snowhammer wrote:
Been running a very similar build. I had some questions/comments about the tree:

Why don't you take Twin Terrors? Its such a broken Crit cluster.

Why are you spending 3 points on Slight of Hand? You could spend 3 points in the Claw cluster to get Claws of the Magpie. Slight of Hand is 3 points for 38% phys, 8% attack speed. Claws of the Magpie is 3 points for 44% phys (with claws) and 15% attack speed. Plus you get some bonus Charge duration.

Also - just my opinion, but I think not taking the extra Life Leech (Vitality Void) is a mistake. 3 points for 1.6 more life leech with VAAL PACT is nuts - Life Leech is the God Stat with VAAL Pact.

Thanks for the guide and all of you info!

4 points spent going to Magpie is better spent going to Claws of the Pride (3.7% dps per point vs 4.8% dps per point for me). sheet dps goes down though.

Here's the most optimized tree I can muster, lvl 88 with 4.2k life and 56k (aura boosted) hideout dps. Building says 199k blades, 227k melee.

My choices might be different though because of my main links.

Gear
Last edited by vegeto079 on Mar 17, 2017, 1:29:54 AM
"
r4v4ch0l wrote:
Heya! I'm pretty new to PoE, only started this league. I found this build very fun to play - and up to now it's been a bust, so thanks for the guide! - but r/n I feel kinda weak.

Does someone have the time to look at my char and items and give me some pointers on what I could change up for not so much currency? Couldn't get my Belly to have 6 sockets yet but don't have the money to get a "good" one.

And I'm trying to farm maps but it's kinda bad dying all the time. I'm sure there are some easy solutions, I just don't know them yet. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Well, at the moment im not live but people come in my twitch all the time for gear help or where can they upgrade. When I am live tomorrow swing by we would be glad to help.
I forgot to mention, I never see myself get power charges/HoI curse anybody. Am I doing something wrong with that?
"
vegeto079 wrote:
I forgot to mention, I never see myself get power charges/HoI curse anybody. Am I doing something wrong with that?
Im using Curse on kill - Assassins mark - HoI
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 17, 2017, 1:41:38 AM
"
vegeto079 wrote:

It's because you're using elemental focus. Replace it with melee physical support and you'll keep your damage and gain the ability to generate power charges again.

Or find a new set up to generate power charges like with orb of storms or something
Last edited by Ratedetar on Mar 17, 2017, 7:45:14 AM
How is Pathfinder vs Raider for this build?
"
How is Pathfinder vs Raider for this build?

well raider = easy perma fenzy with status aliment immunity. You could do pathfinder and add more links for your frenzy's. I played Deadeye last league with it for the chain witch wasnt too bad. You just gain more with ranger.
"
vegeto079 wrote:

I also noticed you are using duel-wield, you should pick up the node with dervish (swap out the whole node on the right of it for it) and Twin blades. Better if you are DW gain more damage on your "hit" since the chain does enough damage. Also consider taking leech/stealing and Claws of the magpie on the claw node. They are very good.
Last edited by Sidefx06 on Mar 17, 2017, 8:39:17 AM
Well if anyone cares to know if Frost Blades can kill Shaper (guardians were no issue really, 4 deaths total but they were all due to me being bad), I did it this morning after a failed attempt last night and making a few single target adjustments.

http://i.imgur.com/Ll8k8d5.png

I had to use Abyssus and use these links for single target: Multistrike - Cold pen - Weapon Elemental Damage - Weapon Physical Damage - Elemental Focus

I swapped out my curse on hit with an Ancestral Protector since I wasn't going to ever trigger that during this fight and curse effectiveness is shit on Shaper anyway.

I died once during Shaper run but I actually only died to his mini boss between phases cause I thought I was out of range of its slam and it one shot me.

My full set up is in my profile if anyone wants to look.
Last edited by Kajean on Mar 17, 2017, 10:24:04 AM
"
Kajean wrote:
Well if anyone cares to know if Frost Blades can kill Shaper (guardians were no issue really, 4 deaths total but they were all due to me being bad), I did it this morning after a failed attempt last night and making a few single target adjustments.

http://i.imgur.com/Ll8k8d5.png

I had to use Abyssus and use these links for single target: Multistrike - Cold pen - Weapon Elemental Damage - Weapon Physical Damage - Elemental Focus

I swapped out my curse on hit with an Ancestral Protector since I wasn't going to ever trigger that during this fight and curse effectiveness is shit on Shaper anyway.

I died once during Shaper run but I actually only died to his mini boss between phases cause I thought I was out of range of its slam and it one shot me.

My full set up is in my profile if anyone wants to look.
That's awesome!! Can you record your self killing with FB? if you do ill post it on this guide. Good job bro!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info