[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
JCOH35 wrote:
yes, its not triggering, the cold damage roll is 100% mandatory for the build

either on your spare ring, or a new abyss jewel assuming you have a belt with an abyss socket

example ^

Abyss jewels can be also socketed in passive tree like normal jewels. Cold dmg to attacks (and only cold dmg) is mandatory for EE to work properly with Cyclone based Discharge.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
I'm glad someone noticed that b/c the 20% on my belt was being wasted, that was the entire reason I crafted a shaped belt, going to be nice having an extra endurance charge back instead. The loss in health was very minimal with Meginord's 10%, im fine with 4 discharges per second.

This should be set now;

Jewels are all the same, spell damage + spell damage while holding shield + all ele resist, and then the intuitive leap.

Taking a break from leveling to hit the labyrinth hard, chasing that Discharge enchant on Scold's, was trying to buy one but havent seen one in 3 weeks so im sure when/if I do its going to be some crazy amount like 15ex. I just wish I could get through the lab quicker, I melt all 3 stages of the boss in a few seconds but the normal floors just suck, I always have to go over, around etc for gold keys and just get terrible map layouts.

Hopefully I get lucky soon so I can work on Elemental Penetration on my boots, costing a small fortune in offerings and twice enchanted.
@JCOH35

Dont be so hasty with that boots enchant. If u include it, you have 3.98 cyclone APS allready. Now in your place I would test 2 setups:

Scolds with +1 Endu charge belt vs Devotos (with 40% Discharge enchant that u allready have) and CDR belt.

I just plugged you into my PoB and with Devotos and that boots enchant u can reach 4.24 cyclone APS. Now Devotos adds Dex so u can remove +30 dex node and take Born to Fight near Marauder start. Now u have to much str... so u can remove +30 str node... and grab last attack speed + accuracy node near Templar start. In total u can reach 4.38 APS without any jewel change (4.42 with lvl 20/20 Add Accuracy gem). Now u only need one good attack speed jewel with at least 8% attack speed in total (for example 8% attack speed with Maces) and viola: 4.52 cyclone APS.

I would test that Devotos and CDR belt with 4.5+ aps vs Scolds and +1 EC belt with 3.x aps.

The best way to do it is to facetank white T16 Minotaur. Grab yourself a 60fps vid using both setups and play it back at slowmotion. Count the time in seconds that u actaully were damaging the boss. This way u will know which setup has more DPS on average. U can also observe how often you're on low life during that fight to conlude which setup grants better life recovery and feels safer.

This might turn out very suprising.

Also: after importing your char I noticed u dont use Arcane Surge buff on switch, why? It is very easy to implement into your gameplay, basically once per 40 sec u need to do fast weapon swap, cast it manually, do weapon swap again and u recieve 15% MORE dps buff for another 40 sec. If u time it right u can take down Guardian boss before the buff ends. Im using it on my right mouse click, I have shield charge in my Saffels that is also right click, so when I do weapon swap I just click, weapon swap again and viola, like swap, click, swap.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 27, 2017, 4:21:40 AM
Thats great feedback but tbh its really the same reason I never even setup an arcane surge switch, ive already facerolled the current content as is. Your build was so strong out of the gate I started dropping things for more safety and comfort and still pretty much sleptwalk through everything.

I would be tempted to go back to my Devoto's but the main thing holding me back on that proposed idea is that the 4.5+ would only really happen on trash mobs when I have my recently killed buff going, and the trash is just all 1-shot anyways, my only intrest really now character tweaking wise are the boss bosses such as Shaper etc. So I do need to get an arcane surge setup at some point for that, I dont have any trouble with Shaper but my time to kill could be improved.

Idk though, might have to look into a couple attack speed jewel combos, the skill tree changes you pointed out are certainly appealing and easy to make.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Thats great feedback but tbh its really the same reason I never even setup an arcane surge switch, ive already facerolled the current content as is. Your build was so strong out of the gate I started dropping things for more safety and comfort and still pretty much sleptwalk through everything.

I would be tempted to go back to my Devoto's but the main thing holding me back on that proposed idea is that the 4.5+ would only really happen on trash mobs when I have my recently killed buff going, and the trash is just all 1-shot anyways, my only intrest really now character tweaking wise are the boss bosses such as Shaper etc. So I do need to get an arcane surge setup at some point for that, I dont have any trouble with Shaper but my time to kill could be improved.

Idk though, might have to look into a couple attack speed jewel combos, the skill tree changes you pointed out are certainly appealing and easy to make.

Well you can also look at this in a bit different way. 4.5 - 4.7 aps is needed to do exactly 5 Discharges durign one second at max. However 4.4 or even 4.3 aps means you will do 5 Discharges per 1.12 - 1.15 sec. Still better than being capped at 4 Discharges / s.

"
Gaduk0 wrote:

Hey, just askin why do we need those "strange" aps ?

From the wiki : "Cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin."

Cyclone should be at 2.5AS. But we need much higher.
Is it because the damage deal twice per spin isn't deal at regular speed ? (First hit is at frame 0, and the second hit is at 0.300ms for 1AS, for example, I don't have the number).

Or is there another mechanics I don't understand ?

Yes but only one of those hits generate power charge as Romiras Ring grants one power charge per skill cast not per skill hit. Twice the aps needed "on paper" is to ensure you have at least one power charge to discharge otherwise Discharge wont trigger. This will rarely happen in-game but it still can happen. Build is optimised for maximum DPS it can reach. Other than that 2.0 - 2.5 cyclone aps feels to slow for comfortable gameplay. Ah and one more thing: player error factor and accuracy factor. Neither player is 100% accurate nor in-game character accuracy is. Cyclone will miss here and there. And in case of having 2.0 - 2.5 aps you would have to hit your target 100% of the time for maximum DPS. Overal double the needed aps is more forgiving and more comfortable to play (and it is absolutelty needed when using arc + discharge before switching to Inyas boots to trigger both spells effectively).

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 27, 2017, 4:52:48 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:
yes, its not triggering, the cold damage roll is 100% mandatory for the build

either on your spare ring, or a new abyss jewel assuming you have a belt with an abyss socket

example ^

Abyss jewels can be also socketed in passive tree like normal jewels. Cold dmg to attacks (and only cold dmg) is mandatory for EE to work properly with Cyclone based Discharge.

Thank you guys for mentor!
I tried the Arcane Surge trick, it works with manual Immortal Call, I have about 45 seconds buff with 7 endurance charges. However it only gives me around 8 seconds if I cast Flame Golem. Did I do something wrong there?
Last edited by Alfred2000 on Dec 27, 2017, 11:09:07 AM
Finally got all my gear. I am really enjoying this build, it feel very safe and it is so much fun to play.

I hate that when my golem dies I have to deactivate an aura, summon him again and start the aura again. I sometimes forget to reactivate my aura. If I use a level 4 enlighten will I have enough mana left so that I can summon my golem without having to deactivate an aura?

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Couple Questions. Why scold's bridle? Does not look any better than devoto's to me. Also, 5 link chest is better than 6 link chest? just making sure that is 100% better option.

Best curse to get on repentance gloves?
Last edited by iSlimBeef on Dec 27, 2017, 2:39:14 PM
Ok, switched to Devotos to check some things, with some minor changes yes I can hit 4.5aps, however to do so I sacrifice 186% spell damage (100 scold's + 58 skill nodes + 28 jewel), that seems pretty substantial for the 5th discharge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info