[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

You're missing one of the most important part : Kingsguard body, that allows you to gain 100HP per endurance charge consomed or expired.

You should support your discharge with elemental focus and controlled destruction, instead of arc and life leach, I think it's better.

Try to find a 5 link Kingsguard, add a life on hit to your cyclone's setup and you will be ok with survivability for t1 - t6. Next step will be to find a Voll's devotion :).

Edit : I'm dumb, don't read this :).
Last edited by Nekikool on Dec 20, 2017, 12:14:03 PM
"
Nekikool wrote:
You're missing one of the most important part : Kingsguard body, that allows you to gain 100HP per endurance charge consomed or expired.

You should support your discharge with elemental focus and controlled destruction, instead of arc and life leach, I think it's better.

Try to find a 5 link Kingsguard, add a life on hit to your cyclone's setup and you will be ok with survivability for t1 - t6. Next step will be to find a Voll's devotion :).

Now that is totally incorect. Kingsguard without Volls Devotion is worthless and life leech support gem is a must have untill then.

@Jack_man you have half of required gear and lvl 16 gems. Dont expect miracle. Volls Devotion is your main priority right now. Without it you have half of the build or even less. Pantheon to choose - that was anserwed allready few posts ago.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
You're right, I answered a bit too fast, he's not getting endurance charge atm, my bad.
Just wanted to thank you Rico for putting together this guide. It is hands down the funnest build I have done so far.
I thought scold's bridle was out of the question, but last night I found a kaom's heart and sold it for 5ex. I was able to pick up scold's bridle for 7ex and am loving the damage output.

Now I need to get a level 3 enlighten so I can run my 3rd purity and fine tune my jewel selection.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
I was finally able to upgrade to a 6L Kingsguard today, fortunately me being terrified of Righteous Fire frees up alot of utility space for me. I understand that RF boosts spell damage but honestly at this point it makes no difference to me wether I kill the boss in 8 seconds or 11 seconds, the builds just stupidly overpowered when you get all the pieces in place. I am done for the moment, I just need to upgrade my Opal Ring, this ones a placeholder, heres my loadout now;

The only things I do differently are Devoto's inplace of Scolds and on my body I run 6 links with Culling strike and use my boots to run Vengenace + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness and store my flame golem there in the lone socket.

Obviously Scolds and Righteous Fire are more spell damage but for me this is just far FAR more comfortable and everything already melts. I also went to the righthand side on the skill point tree to compensate for some spell damage, below elemental overload I went right to Occultist's Dominion and followed that south to the 16% Spell Damage node, going over there is also nice b/c it lets you pick up the Heart and Soul Nodes (massive HP/MP%).

Love the build, im a filthy casual on Standard though, idk how hard this stuff is going to be to get on the leagues.

is it just me or does Vengeance not procc while using cyclone? so i guess thats pretty useless or?
Yes, to echo what many others are saying this is by far the best build I have played. I am currently lv 94 and have no trouble with any content outside of the phoenix fight, shaper and elder are no problem, and I can face tank the other 3 guardians. I think what helps me aswell is having 6.4+k life, getting that top tier life roll on my belt, coupled with some extra 5% skill nodes lets me survive mistakes, for example I can live through the shaper's teleport slams, its nice having that extra chunk of life b/c I am still learning alot of the end- endgame fight mechanics.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Dec 20, 2017, 3:12:42 PM

is it just me or does Vengeance not procc while using cyclone? so i guess thats pretty useless or?[/quote]

possibly, idk, that combo is something I had read early in the guide when I was making it, I see it proc often when im working through maps, before I cyclone, asfar as during the cyclone if thats true ill just convert that to something else and start saving 25ex for ele weakness repentance gloves, id hate to go that route though b/c they are all trash stats with nearly 30% reduced spell damage b/c no-one corrupts good rolls
What are other good options for Curse on Hit setups, can afford up to 4 links. In my reading I see alot of orb of storm suggestions, mainly for bosses, which is my intrest, idc about trash mobs at this point. Would curse on hit + orb of storms + increased critical strike + elemental weakness work, I see that posted alot in elemental overload builds.

(and what is your pick for a 6th link on chest, additional accuracy or culling strike, I have seen both mentioned over the course of this guide, keep in mind I run a Devoto's Helm and have 20% cooldown recovery speed on belt, currently running culling strike as 6th)
Last edited by JCOH35 on Dec 20, 2017, 5:58:00 PM
Hey Rico, props for sticking to your build through quite a number of time now!
It seems amazing and I really want to give it a go, gaining interest in both its power and mostly, the lore involved.

I have all the gear except the boots and around 1ex I can spend (they're currently in market ~2). I'm a casual player and I don't get currency that fast.

If the boots are really crucial and I can't build without them, or if you have any suggestions about what I should get as a "not so OP" replacement, I'd be glad to read.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers!
So I'm not the only one to think that when you cyclone vengeance does not proc the curse? Am I seeing this wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info