[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

thanks for your work on updating multiple mjölner builds, Rico.

I've been following this version diligently, but also reading in the other posts for the different versions. So I noticed that the elementalist uses lightning strike + molten strike. You've written, that you are using lightning strike in order to play a more ranged set up, and MS for bossing (and because that way the full attack speed of the build can be put to work). So my question is - could the jugg life version also use molten strike instead of cyclone? Or would that not work? And if it would work...what would be the trade-offs?
"
3rra wrote:
thanks for your work on updating multiple mjölner builds, Rico.

I've been following this version diligently, but also reading in the other posts for the different versions. So I noticed that the elementalist uses lightning strike + molten strike. You've written, that you are using lightning strike in order to play a more ranged set up, and MS for bossing (and because that way the full attack speed of the build can be put to work). So my question is - could the jugg life version also use molten strike instead of cyclone? Or would that not work? And if it would work...what would be the trade-offs?

The problem with Molten is fire dmg. Jugg is mostly fire dmg due to the number of endurance charges being discharged. You can use Molten but than you need to respec out of Elemental Equilibrium. You will gain 2 Discharges and Arcs per sec but loose overall 50% of DPS, all in all you will loose DPS which in case of a Jugg is not that great to begin with.

Which Elementalist has build in 25% penetration with proper Heralds so she doesnt care what kind of trigger skill u use. More than that im pushing it further with the passive tree and gear and with my latest changes I think Witch has a potential to be unkillable while still dishing out 500k+ Shaper DPS without even touching RF, more info and latest Witch gameplay vid vs lvl 82 Lair of the Mastermind:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2280138/page/8#p16187715
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 25, 2019, 3:05:38 AM
Well Riko, thanks a lot for this build!

I wanted to share some *slight* changes I've made with... well really expensive gear.

I originally used a 7% attack speed corrupted Mjölners. I have changed that to fortify on hit and removed fortify from my Kingsguard to add onslaught. This allows us to completely remove Perseverance from our build. I replaced perseverance with the below belt. Ideally we would have % increased attributes to further increase our HP/Spell damage with strength and eliminate the need for intelligence in our jewels.

@Ironsolid nice idea. Is 14%-15% fortify on melee hit enough to keep 100% vs bosses? And how this setup works vs single boss like Shaper/Guardian where you have maybe few adds for Onslaught bonus?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 26, 2019, 4:40:32 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
@Ironsolid nice idea. Is 14%-15% fortify on melee hit enough to keep 100% vs bosses? And how this setup works vs single boss like Shaper/Guardian where you have maybe few adds for Onslaught bonus?

Yes, it is, you're hitting 5-6 (x2) times per second, fortify procs constantly.

Just found that Onslaught actually won't proc due to the supported skill having to deal the killing blow.

However, while not having Onslaught doesn't really seem to be that big of a deal compared to my survival is way better. I'll probably end up going with Onslaught on a jewel if I go with it at all. I have swapped onslaught out with a culling strike (10% attack speed at 20% quality).

Another note: dropping Ele Weakness for Enfeeble once I get my +1 Voll's (have level 11 elemental weakness Repentance)
Last edited by CanisVY on Jan 26, 2019, 11:07:28 PM
I hate to ask, but could someone look at my character and tell me what I could improve? Once I start doing over T13 it takes forever to kill rare and unique monsters. I have failed to upgrade anything through Alva in higher tier maps because I can't kill architects. I killed elder in a t15 map and took almost no damage, but it literally took like 10 min. Pretty sure i'm missing something somewhere. No way this build plays this way. I have to say though that I can't remember playing a tankier build in a long time. Traps in uber lab did no damage. Bosses do no damage. Elder did no damage, neither did shaper. I just can't kill anything.

TL;DR Can someone please gear check me to see what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
"
WR47H wrote:
I hate to ask, but could someone look at my character and tell me what I could improve? Once I start doing over T13 it takes forever to kill rare and unique monsters. I have failed to upgrade anything through Alva in higher tier maps because I can't kill architects. I killed elder in a t15 map and took almost no damage, but it literally took like 10 min. Pretty sure i'm missing something somewhere. No way this build plays this way. I have to say though that I can't remember playing a tankier build in a long time. Traps in uber lab did no damage. Bosses do no damage. Elder did no damage, neither did shaper. I just can't kill anything.

TL;DR Can someone please gear check me to see what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, you do zero damage because you're proccing the wrong elements for elemental equilibrium.

Nice ring, but to be honest it's absolutely horrible for this build. See this one. You need cold damage to attacks somewhere. Even if it's in a jewel. You need it.

Refer back to the OPs explanation behind his ring. Until you get this ring, remove your passive from Elemental Equilibrium, it is literally gimping your damage. You can also consider dropping portal for Righteous Fire and getting;
Last edited by CanisVY on Jan 26, 2019, 11:01:59 PM
"
"
WR47H wrote:

Yeah, you do zero damage because you're proccing the wrong elements for elemental equilibrium.

Nice ring, but to be honest it's absolutely horrible for this build. See this one. You need cold damage to attacks somewhere. Even if it's in a jewel. You need it.

Refer back to the OPs explanation behind his ring. Until you get this ring, remove your passive from Elemental Equilibrium, it is literally gimping your damage. You can also consider dropping portal for Righteous Fire and getting;

I made the change and can feel a little difference, but something still feels slow about killing architects, rares/uniques and syndicate members. I will keep fine tuning, but there don't seem to be many places to do that. Thank you for the help.
"
WR47H wrote:
"
"
WR47H wrote:

I made the change and can feel a little difference, but something still feels slow about killing architects, rares/uniques and syndicate members. I will keep fine tuning, but there don't seem to be many places to do that. Thank you for the help.

Yeah, those kills will be rough without Rigteous fire, I recommend looking for a 20% vaal. The Vaal activation is instant life reduction and the standard activation is over time. With both active you absolutely melt everything
First of all thanks for the great build. From all i tried so far this is the most fun!

I wonder since you also play the witch with that build, which of those two do you think is better all around (tank and damage)?!

Thanks
Last edited by Gvault2011 on Jan 27, 2019, 11:04:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info