[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Hi Ricoh, thanks for this amazing build. I love the way it works and relies on so many uniques.

I have some questions regarding the attack speed:

- What attacks per second would you aim for?
Currenlty the tooltip gives me 4.9 attacks per second (includes onslaught). In your previous posts you mentioned 'to aim for 5 hits per second', is there a specific reason to get it above 5? I can try to squeeze more from my jewels, although that might cost me some damage.

- Why does everyone use Additional Accuracy? Previously you used Culling Strike over Additional Accuracy and i can't figure out why I see a lot of people using AA. Benefits of CS: 10% attack speed and 90% effective monster life (at least for bosses). Benefits of AA: more hits, however, my cyclone hits 92% of the time. So increasing 92% to even 100% is 'only' 8% better.

- Are there alternatives to life gain on hit support? It appears we are regenning a lot of health without it anyway.

Thanks for the help!
"
kroovin wrote:
"
PhantomZA wrote:
you ever run into probels when facing a boss that you stop discharging. Like I have 7 endurance charges and 5 Power but nothing procs?

I was doing a bunch of stuff in the menagerie the other day and this happened to me. I was cycloning and running around for like 20 seconds before I realized I forgot to weapon swap back to mjolner after activating arcane surge. Not saying this happened to you, but it's a possibility.

you are getting silenced, best counter is vaaling the intuitive leao jewl until you hit cannot be silenced.
"
How do you deal with the visual noise. I have trouble seeing shaper's beam wind up. =\

just face tank it, it does not get you below 99% hp even if you are standing on a vortex.
hi, why does onslaught doesn't insrease attack speed in POB ? cheked and uncheked and still same aps
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
"
TheR1ddl3r wrote:
you are getting silenced, best counter is vaaling the intuitive leao jewl until you hit cannot be silenced.

I think my post is being misunderstood. For the record, I already have a silence immune intuitive leap.

What I'm saying is, we weapon swap to Pledge of Hands and cast Immortal Call to activate our ~51 second Arcane surge. I forgot to swap back to Mjolner so I was cycloning with Pledge of Hands instead and that was causing my discharge to not work.

"
Burm wrote:
"
is there a reason why we dont use blood rage for free 12% attack speed?

Because we have EE

Hmmmm I am sorry, but I am not sure this applies. EE (Elemental Equilibrium) is related to ELEMENTAL damages. However, BLOOD RAGE does not apply elemental damages, it applies a buff that deals PHYSICAL damage overtime. So Blood rage can not proc actually EE, if I am right. I can't read the entire 268 pages, but I don't understand me too (I have the same question as Burm), why Blood Rage would not be considered in the build to help to raise our APS for the build.

I would add that it's even easier than ever to use Blood Rage while you are cycloning, because blood rage is now instant cast!

Rico, if you allow me, I would suggest to add this question in the FAQ at the beginning of this build, as I have the feeling that many people could have the same question.

Other than that, your build is awesome. I levelled my mjolner juggernaut to level 97 last league, survivability is fantastic!) and I am now playing it again.

Edit : On other hand, Blood rage allow also to get frenzy charge. Per the Discharge skill's definition, frenzy charges deal cold damage. If it applies cold damage, it should be good for us, cause more charges to burn additionally to the power charges and endurance charges.
Oh my god, all that is so confusing....

Thanks
Last edited by astrolab2000 on Jan 23, 2019, 6:45:19 PM
Yes blood rage is ok to use with this build. I orginally was using RF vs bosses so another degen was a no go for me.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Thanks a lot for a great build! I tried it in betrayal and took it to 95 level. Maybe it isn't fastest or the most dps build but it is so nice and comfortable to map with it that I think I will try to gain some more levels.

Yesterday I took down shaper deathless. It was quite funny because it was just impossible to die with it:D Shaper was jumping around me until he finally died.

Two questions: is it possible to try uber elder with my actual gear or just forget about trying it with this build?
And the second one is about Repentance corruption. Is elemental weakness on hit that noticeable while bossing? I wouldn't want to buy some pair and later just be disappointed with result as they aren't cheap.

Thanks for help!
"
kropka766 wrote:
Thanks a lot for a great build! I tried it in betrayal and took it to 95 level. Maybe it isn't fastest or the most dps build but it is so nice and comfortable to map with it that I think I will try to gain some more levels.

Yesterday I took down shaper deathless. It was quite funny because it was just impossible to die with it:D Shaper was jumping around me until he finally died.

Two questions: is it possible to try uber elder with my actual gear or just forget about trying it with this build?
And the second one is about Repentance corruption. Is elemental weakness on hit that noticeable while bossing? I wouldn't want to buy some pair and later just be disappointed with result as they aren't cheap.

Thanks for help!

Vs uber Elder Make sure you have almost maxed out build and good experience with using RF vs bosses with it. Regular Shaper is good excercise for this. Otherwise you might have problems with all the adds and ground degens together with Elders Ice spears and Shapers balls floating everywhere ina later Uber Elder portal phases. To check if your DPS is good enough do a T16 Mino facetank test (without any mod that affects either his life pool or your damage) with RF up. If you kill him below 35sec mark you can try Uber Elder.

Ele weakness on hit is about 6% more overall DPS. 20/20 ele weakness on a 20/20 curse on hit vengance / reckoning setup is about 9% more overall DPS. Reckoning works with Saffels spell block.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 24, 2019, 12:40:42 PM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
kropka766 wrote:

Thanks for help!

Vs uber Elder Make sure you have almost maxed out build and good experience with using RF vs bosses with it. Regular Shaper is good excercise with this. Otherwise you might have problems with all the adds and ground degens together with Elders Ice spears and Shaper balls floating everywhere ina later Uber Elder portal phases. To check if your DPS is good enough do a T16 Mino facetank test (without any mod that affects either his life pool or your damage) with RF up. If you kill him below 35sec mark you can try Uber Elder.

Ele weakness on hit is about 6% more overall DPS. Nice to have, nothing that important to worry about.

Thank you for answer. Then i won't buy these gloves for now. I'm going to try minotaur test because i have still some maps lying around.

About fight with Shaper it was easy but I didn't use rf that much. Now I have something to improve about gameplay not just items. Big plus for this advice:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info