[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Not sure because i've not done the math myself but don't we need 16%+ CDR on Belt?

yeh but I'm poor

Working a very simplified explanation and of course, I'm using PoB to calculate discharge time per cdr so technically speaking there's some rounding which could distort the numbers ever so slightly

15% CDR = 0.22s per Discharge

therefore, with 15% every second im getting 4 whole discharges off (0.88s) with 0.12s to spare meaning that every 2 seconds ill have "saved 0.24s" which is another discharge leading me to have 9 discharges every 2 seconds. furthermore of those 0.24s im saving 0.02s meaning that every 22 seconds (since our period of time is now 2 seconds since I save 0.02s every 2 seconds) ill add another discharge so the math works out to

4 Discharges per second (Base)
1 Discharge every 2 seconds (Additional)
1 Discharge every 22 seconds (Additional)

16-20% CDR = 0.21s per Discharge

with this case im getting 4 discharges off (0.84s) with 0.16s to spare meaning that every 2 seconds ill save 0.32s which is another discharge and of those 0.32s an additional 0.11s is remaining, therefore, every 4 seconds ill save another 0.22 seconds meaning another discharge so

4 Discharge per seconds (Base)
1 Discharge every 4 seconds (Additional)

Basically, the difference comes from the 1 extra Discharge per 22 seconds or 1 extra Discharge per 4 seconds

Also if I made some massive logical error or math error please inform me because it makes sense in my head but to be fair I'm coming off of 8 hours of calculus work so I may or may not be a little brain dead
Last edited by ExiledOdyssey on Mar 17, 2018, 4:28:55 PM
How much elemental resistance does one need to feel comfortable in mapping with ele weakness mods? I'm around 122/105/101. I can add more to lightning eventually, but i'm afraid I might have zero room left to improve on cold. I mean, with wise oak I think I should be fine. Where are the rest of you guys?
"
ExiledOdyssey wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Not sure because i've not done the math myself but don't we need 16%+ CDR on Belt?

yeh but I'm poor

I've seen some extremely cheap ones going for less than 30 chaos. They dont have many great stats on it, but you can easily find one with life/res and strength/armour and 15%+ CDR. make sure you live search for it though. Many people dont really know how to price CDR belts correctly and have seen some great ones slip past me.
"
lumpsumhero wrote:
How much elemental resistance does one need to feel comfortable in mapping with ele weakness mods? I'm around 122/105/101. I can add more to lightning eventually, but i'm afraid I might have zero room left to improve on cold. I mean, with wise oak I think I should be fine. Where are the rest of you guys?

120/120/120

with 84/84/84 capped resistances

its hard balancing them though, to do that you have to give up barbirism nodes and grab that 15% life elsewhere which is easily done, or grab the +1 lightning res near the top in the cluster of ES nodes and then somehow grab the survivalist cold +1 node but that would be impossible w/o wrecking the build b/c its so far to the right

if your just using a normal oaks, 10-12ish % pen you can skip it like Rico does and just get the pen. on your boots with lab roll, I balance mine b/c I have an old 20% legacy pen. oaks
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 17, 2018, 4:24:36 PM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
lumpsumhero wrote:

120/120/120

its hard balancing them though, to do that you have to give up barbirism nodes and grab that 15% life elsewhere which is easily done, or grab the +1 lightning res near the top in the cluster of ES nodes and then somehow grab the survivalist cold +1 node but that would be impossible w/o wrecking the build b/c its so far to the right

if your just using a normal oaks, 10-12ish % pen you can skip it like Rico does and just get the pen. on your boots with lab roll, I balance mine b/c I have an old 20% legacy pen. oaks

I bought this really nice ring with one socket, life, str, and plenty of res. But it didn't have intelligence -_- which made me put points in an increased mana/20+int node at the very bottom right above bravery. I'm kind of regretting buying that ring now. Without that node, I'd need 18 intelligence to wear repentence. Since the max int on a rare jewel is +15, I really dont have anywhere else to put it other than jewels which I already have all filled. Do you think you'd be able to look at my gear/jewels and see what I can do so that I can refund those 2 points and put them to better use elsewhere?
"
lumpsumhero wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
lumpsumhero wrote:

120/120/120

I bought this really nice ring with one socket, life, str, and plenty of res. But it didn't have intelligence -_- which made me put points in an increased mana/20+int node at the very bottom right above bravery. I'm kind of regretting buying that ring now. Without that node, I'd need 18 intelligence to wear repentence. Since the max int on a rare jewel is +15, I really dont have anywhere else to put it other than jewels which I already have all filled. Do you think you'd be able to look at my gear/jewels and see what I can do so that I can refund those 2 points and put them to better use elsewhere?

http://poe.trade/search/hiokohusoaasim
Hybrid attribute rolls you can get over 22 int easily however the other stats may cost you
What's the point of Blade Vortex? It doesn't do anything.

EDIT: I would also like to say that this build is awesome! I'm only level 82 at the moment but I just facetanked a tier 15 map boss. This is without RF because if I were to take a hit, having RF would prevent me from leeching fast enough to ensure I'm back to full health before I get chunked again.

I also have not gotten cooldown belts and 20/20 gems, so there's still a lot to improve on.

NOTE: It's actually possible to use the 3 purity aura with only enlighten 2, but you won't have enough mana to cast golems/leap slam. So for those who can't afford enlighten 3+, you can also get this enchant
Spoiler

With that enchant, you will have enough to cast golems,leap slam, etc.
Last edited by Akuq on Mar 17, 2018, 8:55:53 PM
"
ExiledOdyssey wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

yeh but I'm poor

Working a very simplified explanation and of course, I'm using PoB to calculate discharge time per cdr so technically speaking there's some rounding which could distort the numbers ever so slightly

15% CDR = 0.22s per Discharge

therefore, with 15% every second im getting 4 whole discharges off (0.88s) with 0.12s to spare meaning that every 2 seconds ill have "saved 0.24s" which is another discharge leading me to have 9 discharges every 2 seconds. furthermore of those 0.24s im saving 0.02s meaning that every 22 seconds (since our period of time is now 2 seconds since I save 0.02s every 2 seconds) ill add another discharge so the math works out to

4 Discharges per second (Base)
1 Discharge every 22 seconds (Additional)

16-20% CDR = 0.21s per Discharge

with this case im getting 4 discharges off (0.84s) with 0.16s to spare meaning that every 2 seconds ill save 0.32s which is another discharge and of those 0.32s an additional 0.11s is remaining, therefore, every 4 seconds ill save another 0.22 seconds meaning another discharge so

4 Discharge per seconds (Base)
1 Discharge every 4 seconds (Additional)

Basically, the difference comes from the 1 extra Discharge per 22 seconds or 1 extra Discharge per 4 seconds

Also if I made some massive logical error or math error please inform me because it makes sense in my head but to be fair I'm coming off of 8 hours of calculus work so I may or may not be a little brain dead

Its not like that. You must factor in linear hit behaviour from cyclone itself. Here's a table that (I hope) will clarify this:

Note: Right click open in new tab to enlarge.

Note2: If we factor in accuracy and player errors (or Boss moving away) we do actually lower number of Discharges on average than table shows. And this is exactly what I was observing during my DPS checks with various Mjolner characters vs T16 Minotaur.

Note3: Regarding actual DPS - PoB shows Shaper DPU (or damage per use, or dmg per single Discharge) calculating it with maximum number of charges active. This rarely happens as charge numbers tends to jump around. In fact by doing so many DPS checks vs various end-game bosses, T16 Mino included I found an estimated numnber of average number of charges each Discharge. This number is 67% of max charges for every class that uses Inyas boots, and its 77% for Juggernaut that uses Inyas boots and Unflinching Ascendancy Keystone.

So to calculate REAL Shaper DPS of each mjolner build you must take average number of Discharges per sec from table above and factor in "average number of charges" modificator that I mentioned above. For example:

Maxed Jugg with RF up has around 130k DPU in PoB. With 18% CDR belt and 4.6 cyclone aps he is doing 130k * 4.7 = 611k theoretical maximum peak DPS. Now if we factor in that average charges mod we have: 611 * 0.77 = 427k average Shaper DPS.

But its not done yet as theres accuracy of 90% and player error factor right? Lets say player error factor is small and its only 10%, this means we have: 427k * 0.9 (90% chance to hit from accuracy) * 0.9 (10% of player's error factor) = 345k REAL sustainable Shaper DPS. This means T16 Minotaur will be killed in 12470k HP / 345k DPS = 36 secounds. And this number was verified by in-game testing.

If u see 120k PoB Discharge DPU on Witch with the same CDR, APS and accuracy for example we're talking: 120k * 4.7 * 0.67 (Just Inyas boots for charges generation) * 0.9 (accuracy) * 0.9 (error factor) = 306 real Shaper DPS.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 18, 2018, 7:03:49 AM
I love the build either way, played it with no CDRS and just the plain 4 discharges per second at first with a +1 endurance charge meginords.

Then when Abyss League came out I switched to a stygian with t1 str/life and got a sexy aby jewel with t1 life/regen and that felt good too.

I eventually collected a full set of 4 line jewels with attack speed and double spell damage/resists and crafted my shaped 20 CDRS belt.

Moral of the story is everything got rekt either way.

Down the road I might even try death's door boots with a kaoms way off ring and getting the new fated meginords girdle with an endurance charge corruption and run around with no CDRS but 9 ECs just to see how it feels, who knows.
"
Akuq wrote:
What's the point of Blade Vortex? It doesn't do anything.

EDIT: I would also like to say that this build is awesome! I'm only level 82 at the moment but I just facetanked a tier 15 map boss. This is without RF because if I were to take a hit, having RF would prevent me from leeching fast enough to ensure I'm back to full health before I get chunked again.

I also have not gotten cooldown belts and 20/20 gems, so there's still a lot to improve on.

NOTE: It's actually possible to use the 3 purity aura with only enlighten 2, but you won't have enough mana to cast golems/leap slam. So for those who can't afford enlighten 3+, you can also get this enchant
Spoiler

With that enchant, you will have enough to cast golems,leap slam, etc.

what I did was buy a corrupted level 3 enlighten because htey are far far cheaper, mine was 50c. leaves me with like 31 mana remaining and I can leap slam/shield charge pretty much all I want.

also I too question the point of blade vortex. I've been using it but the entire time wondering why and thinking about what could replace it. I also set up the RF in my boots to try it out. the damage boost is very noticeable but I'm unsure if I want to extra risk. I can essentially stay full HP as long as Im fighting something but the time between packs I have to hit potions to counteract the degen.

I took this character from 75 with shit gear to 81 with pretty decent gear yesterday. my biggest needs now are 20/20 gems probably. Just gotta figure out what gems to prioritize get %quality on. I was lucky while leveling this character and an 18% cyclone dropped for me at some point so thats handled

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info