[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Ya idk, I took a handful of builds into the low 90s before finding this one and even the "defensive" ones like Sovyn's Lazy Pally were regularly 1 shot in end-game content atleast once every other day. If your only looking to take something to like 90-91 that wouldnt really matter but for me a death is like 100 chaos and 4-6 hours down the drain so I have no intrest in a build that can/will die to a random cheap game mechanic.

I have seen some intresting ones but everyone I find thats been out awhile with a good amount of feedback and people playing it requires like atleast 4 flasks, vinktars, dying sun, wise oak, and some lucky or consecrated ground etc one. I cant manage 4 flasks while playing, when I have to grind the same t11-15 map 3 times for 1% exp im not going to micro manage, I want 1 skill to use and am willing to tap my middle mouse button for my movement flask, thats about the extent of my motivation.

Kinda waiting for the announcement today at noon to see if theres going to be any drastic changes before I narrow down something to play.

Ricos already made an templar version of this, was wondering if it would work on scion with maybe the juggernaut and champion nodes, or even juggernaut and raider for the frenzy charges but id have no accuracy and im sure theres other factors im missing. Just wanna try something a bit different but similar in what this build can do.

For slight variation, have you ever thought of trying basically this build, but with poet's pen instead of mjolnir? That's what I'm doing currently and like it a lot. Not sure how it compares damage wise as it misses out on RF at the very least, and I'm sure it doesn't do as much damage as some other poet pen options, but for me probably the most attractive thing about discharge builds is the built in defense (healing from kingsguard and good duration immortal call).

Mobility is also really nice with dual Poet Pens. I run unearth+body swap+blade vortex in the second one and when it comes to the boss, its literally just a matter of clicking on them once and holding the mouse button till dead (unless they have a phase where they leave or something).
"
gabrion2 wrote:

For slight variation, have you ever thought of trying basically this build, but with poet's pen instead of mjolnir? That's what I'm doing currently and like it a lot. Not sure how it compares damage wise as it misses out on RF at the very least, and I'm sure it doesn't do as much damage as some other poet pen options, but for me probably the most attractive thing about discharge builds is the built in defense (healing from kingsguard and good duration immortal call).

Mobility is also really nice with dual Poet Pens. I run unearth+body swap+blade vortex in the second one and when it comes to the boss, its literally just a matter of clicking on them once and holding the mouse button till dead (unless they have a phase where they leave or something).

I was thinging about that since I saw first screenshots of that wand. Theres even a post in this thread with my estimations regarding this kind of build. First of all it needs different trigger skill like frenzy or barrage. Second of all poets pen has 0 stats requirements vs mjolnier. Those are 2 biggest Changes. Third with pp you dont have to hit but at the same time you need to (romiras). So, hows your toon going?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Feb 15, 2018, 9:26:05 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:

I was thinging about that since I saw first screenshots of that wand. Theres even a post in this thread with my estimations regarding this kind of build. First of all it needs different trigger skill like frenzy or barrage. Second of all poets pen has 0 stats requirements vs mjolnier. Those are 2 biggest Changes. Third with pp you dont have to hit but at the same time you need to (romiras). So, hows your toon going?

Well I don't feel like an expert on the build because I just came back to the game after a very long absence. I just decided to test this out on standard with a level 80 I had sitting around, but still very much working on filling gear gaps and putting it all together.

Last time I played was actually before trigger cooldowns and when leap slam could still use multistrike. My favorite of all time was playing a mjolner build with ultra fast attacks and leap slam multistrike - mario jumping all over maps. That's why when I came back I looked up current mjolner builds and came across yours, which is a very good framework for any discharge trigger build regardless of weapon.

As far as the Poet's Pen version of the build goes it seems to me you have two basic options: 1) PP+shield or 2) dual PPs. The first lets you pretty much copy the mjolner build, including a shield, which means you can still run RF. The potential problem is that it relies on ranged attacks but wants to be up close for discharge. So I think you have to be a little better about mobility than with a melee cyclone build.

The second option opens up a lot more possibilities. Most obvious is target "lock on" with unearth and bodyswap in the second PP. I've been using this as well as blade vortex (keeps up to 10 stacks up when I'm constantly attacking), which in theory helps generate more power charges.

With dual PP's though, there are also a lot of other options, and I'm not sure discharge actually keeps up damage wise vs something like Volatile Dead. BUT - the big thing I like about discharge is the healing from kingsguard. With Vaal Pact nerf, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of "instant healing" options and this one seems to work well. So it would be possible to either keep discharge as the primary damage source if you want to be a purist about that, or keep the nice damage+healing it offers and supplement it with other spells. This also comes down to how much you want to invest in attack speed. If you just have discharge as a main damage source, you can really easily reach the 4 or 5 attacks/second you need (depending on your cooldown reduction), especially when you consider the +10% more attack speed from dual wielding. The catch is that if you have multiple spells in your second PP, you actually want more attack speed.

Back to your point, you were right that the two big things very easy stat requirements compared to mjolner (also lower level gear, so you can level using the wands if you get them early) and different attack set up. I didn't think much about the attack vs hit distinction between the two weapons, but now that you mention it, it could make a difference in terms of EE as well.
"
Fixed a bug causing Arcane Surge to not apply its buff the first time it activated in an instance.

This should fix the arcane surge issue.
Im probally just going to chill on standard this league and grind this charcter to 100 and finish my raider and set it up for a currency farmer.

Im too old for Pokemon and dont feel like spending 20 exalted on a decent piece of gear b/c by the time normal players catch up to the ggg streaming racers the markets already gonna be set to absurd amounts for all that new flashy pet crap.
Yeah, I have a mixed feelings about that ZOO stuff.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Feb 18, 2018, 12:17:16 PM
Hey guys.

Trying to plan around jewels as I level. How much IAS do you need to at least reach 3.5 APS?
I chose the +1 endurance charge belt route, so no CDR for me.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 18, 2018, 7:20:16 PM
"
Hey guys.

Trying to plan around jewels as I level. How much IAS do you need to at least reach 3.5 APS?

Read FaQ in the guide.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
Hey guys.

Read FaQ in the guide.

You dont stipulate what it takes to reach 3.5, or if any jewels are necessary to do it but thanks I guess?

3.5 doesn't take any investment it appears.
4.5 though, Kinda hoping to know precisely how many jewels with IAS you need, if its possible to obtain, or worth pursuing. I can see you say how many APS you need but you dont make any suggestions as to how to get it. Does Devotos get you close to 4.5?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 19, 2018, 12:43:52 AM
"
Hey guys.

Ya you said it in your last post, it doesnt require any special investment, your going to sit at 3.5 to 4.0 normally just from the basics laid out in the guide, you dont have to concern yourself with it unless you want to push above 4 per second.

I personally never did however when Abyss ends and our league gear is dumped back into Standard ill have a full collection of 4 line double spell damage, resist and attack speed jewels so ill be at 4.5 to 4.7 without having to sacrifice anything. My problem atm is crafting the belt, im currently about 16 ex into it atm, shaped items are pure cancer to craft.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info