[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Do you think there's any way to make low life mjolnir work now? I've been trying to do it in PoB, and so far it doesn't look doable.
"
Do you think there's any way to make low life mjolnir work now? I've been trying to do it in PoB, and so far it doesn't look doable.

I tried this as well. Allways loved the idea, 30% more spell dmg and possibility to run 6-7 auras, Wrath with another "more" to dmg being one of it. The problem is leeching back ES fast enough. And because there's little to no physical dmg mitigation on such a build that is very important.

The only thing I came up with in PoB was low life Guardian with high block (55+ unflasked, 70+ flasked), armor (25k+ unflasked, 50k+ flasked) and ES (~7k) together with Aegis Aurora. But it is kinda hard to balance because while it looks tanky on the paper it lacks dps at the same time (75k+ Discharge DPU). Even when cyclone based with EE.

You may take a look: https://pastebin.com/ZxGJNF3v
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jan 27, 2018, 4:41:25 AM

So I bought the Pledge of Hands, but for some reason the first cast of IC after switching to the weapon doesn't trigger Arcane Surge. Gem Levels are fine, so it seems like a mechanical issue? Does some1 know how to avoid this, or is it the way I have to play, casting it twice in a row?
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"

I tried this as well. Allways loved the idea, 30% more spell dmg and possibility to run 6-7 auras, Wrath with another "more" to dmg being one of it. The problem is leeching back ES fast enough. And because there's little to no physical dmg mitigation on such a build that is very important.

The only thing I came up with in PoB was low life Guardian with high block (55+ unflasked, 70+ flasked), armor (25k+ unflasked, 50k+ flasked) and ES (~7k) together with Aegis Aurora. But it is kinda hard to balance because while it looks tanky on the paper it lacks dps at the same time (75k+ Discharge DPU). Even when cyclone based with EE.

You may take a look: https://pastebin.com/ZxGJNF3v

yeah best I could come up with in PoB was roughly same dps as your skolds version, 6600 ES, and having to go berserker for leech, because I couldn't think of a different way to do it. Maybe Es on hit could also help, but the clarity + es on hit jewel costs ove 60 ex last I saw, so that would be pretty bad to rely on for a build.
My damage seems pretty low for the high end content. I was able to kill Phoenix but it took what felt like a lifetime to finish.

Other than getting the discharge enchant on my helm (working on that) and then finishing up my gems (they are almost 20 for the most part) I can't seem to identify where I can make the damage up.

Any ideas?

First thing that jumps out to me are your gems, I see barely any quality on them and they are still underleveled. Id also put the spell damage/fire damage jewels back in the stash and pickup some double spell damage ones, they arent expensive atm on abyss, spell damage plus spell damage while holding a shield.

Look at the gems in my Mjolner for an idea on the difference you can still make up in numbers.

Aside from that your also missing 35% spell damage on your spare ring, you can get tier 1 spell damage rings for as low as 15-20 chaos on Abyss. You need to get a better belt with a tier 1 STR roll though to allow you the stat flexibility to make that switch.

It doesnt have to be pretty though, I used a crappy one with multiple t4-5 rolls and the t1 spell damage until I had the $ to upgrade it.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jan 27, 2018, 11:48:50 PM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
First thing that jumps out to me are your gems, I see barely any quality on them and they are still underleveled. Id also put the spell damage/fire damage jewels back in the stash and pickup some double spell damage ones, they arent expensive atm on abyss, spell damage plus spell damage while holding a shield.

Look at the gems in my Mjolner for an idea on the difference you can still make up in numbers.

Aside from that your also missing 35% spell damage on your spare ring, you can get tier 1 spell damage rings for as low as 15-20 chaos on Abyss. You need to get a better belt with a tier 1 STR roll though to allow you the stat flexibility to make that switch.

It doesnt have to be pretty though, I used a crappy one with multiple t4-5 rolls and the t1 spell damage until I had the $ to upgrade it.

Excellent, thank you for the feedback. I just got done getting quality on my gems but bricked my discharge and had a buy a new 20/20. Not sure if its worth the risk to try again right now and will probably focus on your other suggestions
Ya keep corrupting the gems, if you view my character in my profile page youll see I have all my gems at 21 minus 1, it doesnt cost money though, look at my weapon swap.

If you brick them they still have value, even if they go down 1 lv they can be lvd back up and sold for the initial cost so worst case scenario you break even.

I always level 5 to 6 ata time on my swap and typically get x2 to go up a lv with the occasional 23% quality one.

*The other thing though that I cant stress enough are the Stygian Vises, abyss jewels can just be massively overpowered if you find the right rolls.

Is my favorite but you can also go with tier1 added cold damage to attacks, you can get life regeneration on your flame golem, theres just so many options.

The fact that you can get 149 life on your waist is enough alone to use one, 99 with a t1 belt life roll and 50 with a t1 abyss jewel roll.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jan 28, 2018, 12:33:25 AM
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Ya keep corrupting the gems, if you view my character in my profile page youll see I have all my gems at 21 minus 1, it doesnt cost money though, look at my weapon swap.

If you brick them they still have value, even if they go down 1 lv they can be lvd back up and sold for the initial cost so worst case scenario you break even.

I always level 5 to 6 ata time on my swap and typically get x2 to go up a lv with the occasional 23% quality one.

I have been poking around the market and I think I might need to rethink much of the way I have been playing the character in order to improve the damage in the ways you suggested (or at all really).

Currently I am using All Elemental Resistances from the ring, belt, and jewels to arrive at a cozy 116/108/108 for uncapped resistances. This not only frees me from needing to use elemental flasks outside of bosses like Phoenix (where I would still use a Ruby) but also turbocharges my Wise Oak by reducing Cold and Lightning both by 10% during the flask effect.

Am I investing too heavily in this line of thought? I could ditch much of that effort I suppose by getting a tri-resist belt and then trying to get the extra endurance charge on it but I think anything with tri-resist and a good health roll will be well out of my price range.
Last edited by Shivan0verlord on Jan 28, 2018, 1:11:34 AM
Its fine to be overcapped a bit for bad map mods etc but not to that extent. I give up alot, I run no weapon swap, no righteous fire, and no 5th discharge per second.

However I carry very high spell damage, high life, and strong mitigations that allow me to facetank 99% of the content.

Theres room to do things your own way but whatever you settle on you need some more spell damage and get 20% quality on all your gems, its like 5-10chaos for a 20% gem, if poe.goods is showing 15-20c then just search for 15-18% quality and manually hit it with a few GCPs.

Make sure you pick up every superior gem you see drop and use the GCP recipe, you should find more then enough mapping.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jan 28, 2018, 1:30:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info