How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

semi retiring my build at level 91 hardcore solo self found , it is so fun to see what you can put together without trading. Over 6.3 hp and 1k energy shield :)

"
ninedeadeyes wrote:

No vendor-quality on some of the gems - like "Faster Casting"?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
k1rage wrote:
good god can we kill this already...
Kill what?
Random is random is random.

"strongbox contains mirrored items"
Spoiler

Hilarious.

And kind of random, since you cant really use currency on them, can you?

edit:
Phat lewts:
Spoiler

The roll of the goldyrms is *hilarious*
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 26, 2017, 1:38:54 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Ya, I'm not a fan of armor, I think it's a waste of time generally speaking. I've been an outspoken proponent of EV for as long as I can remember, and I use fortify+blind with shield charge on pretty much any build I can. I haven't tried much in the way of minion distractions but I often use decoy totems. Regen is great, but so is Zealot's Oath ;)

To be clear though, the fb totem and bv beserker builds I did this league were both life based. I have nothing against it, I just think wicked ward occultist is the safest setup in the game right now when it comes to issues of lag and dc.

In other news, I used the key. Shouldn't have bothered :(

You can try something like my Gladiator build in current HC SSF. He can afk Beyond bosses and in general anything but sources of heavy damage over time. Can't get much more AFK-friendly apart from a super-high ES regen tank, which are a bit gear-intensive for SSF. Huge trash mobs are a source of healing, so much so that I didn't link blind to tempest shield - I want stuff to be hitting at me.

Still haven't gone in higher-tier map as I want to build my hitpoint pool up, but the same principle will apply. I just want him to be oneshot proof, which needs a certain base hitpoint threshold.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 26, 2017, 1:49:49 AM
"
Bars wrote:
You can try something like my Gladiator build in current HC SSF. He can afk Beyond bosses and in general anything but sources of heavy damage over time. Can't get much more AFK-friendly apart from a super-high ES regen tank, which are a bit gear-intensive for SSF. Huge trash mobs are a source of healing, so much so that I didn't link blind to tempest shield - I want stuff to be hitting at me.

Still haven't gone in higher-tier map as I want to build my hitpoint pool up, but the same principle will apply. I just want him to be oneshot proof, which needs a certain base hitpoint threshold.

Ty for tip. The only char I ever made that could truly afk was an aegis build (with legacy aegis >.>), but my chances of finding one in ssf are too low to even contemplate. When my current build dies I'm planning to try a EQ mara as so many people have told me to try it that I kinda feel like I have to :s
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 26, 2017, 2:17:26 AM
You can AFK most content easily with a Gladiator using The Anvil, Thousand Teeth Temu and reckoning - life gain on hit. You get 78/78 block and spell block and several stacking sources of healing on block. The Anvil and Thousand Teeth Temu are the only required uniques, and they are both pretty common. I get them dropped in every league I play. There's even a prophecy which can give you The Anvil. It seems to be rarer than Thousand Teeth Temu, but still pretty obtainable. I think between random drops, chancing and spamming prophecies, you have a pretty realistic chance of getting it.

I've been mass-chancing regicide masks to get The Pale Crown's King and reach a next level of heal on block, but no luck thus far.

Apart from that, the easiest, nearly item-independent heal block you can get is a Necromancer with level 20 Bone Offering. You get that, 11% additional chance from the passive tree (the block clusters near the Marauder and Templar start area), a Stone of Lazhwar (another pretty common drop), CwdT Tempest Shield and you have 75/73 block - spell block with 590(!) life on block. This will require manual buffing with desecreate - bone offering every 10 seconds, however. Too much effort for my taste.

If I get a Kitava's helmet to autocast the buffs, I might experiment with a block necromancer though.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 26, 2017, 4:30:57 AM
"
Bars wrote:

Apart from that, the easiest, nearly item-independent heal block you can get is a Necromancer with level 20 Bone Offering. You get that, 11% additional chance from the passive tree (the block clusters near the Marauder and Templar start area), a Stone of Lazhwar (another pretty common drop), CwdT Tempest Shield and you have 75/73 block - spell block with 590(!) life on block. This will require manual buffing with desecreate - bone offering every 10 seconds, however. Too much effort for my taste.

If I get a Kitava's helmet to autocast the buffs, I might experiment with a block necromancer though.

You can put it on a CWDT - you'll have to eat some damage first, but then it will kick in.

I found a

yesterday - even without any support and low armor it helps a lot in crowded situations, in breaches the life level is much more constant despite having only very low 350 ES (just slabbed it on without other item change).
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

You can put it on a CWDT - you'll have to eat some damage first, but then it will kick in.

I found a

yesterday - even without any support and low armor it helps a lot in crowded situations, in breaches the life level is much more constant despite having only very low 350 ES (just slabbed it on without other item change).

Gratz on the AA. A great shield, especially if properly built for - without a doubt. About using CwdT with the bone offering, the problem is it doesn't give as much block and heal at lower levels, and linking it in a level 20 CwdT seems extremely unreliable, to put it mildly. A lower-level CwdT setup will be a compromise which will make it pointless to roll a Necromancer - a Gladiator will be simply better.
Worked yesterday on my survivability. I'm like at 4600 health right now. All my resists are maxed. But, I forgot that I get 4% resists for each Endurance Charge. And I pretty much have six charges on my at all times.

Made myself a new chestpiece:

I doubt I'll ever see a 5 or 6 link. Oh well.

Also swapped out Warlords Mark for Enfeeble. I can't tell which is better.

I didn't have much luck using CWDT. I tried Enduring Cry and a Molten Armor or something; wasn't worth it.

I have been a bit of casting gear (SSF) and was considering finishing this league with a summoner. Seemed like I have hit a dead end with this guy. In a last ditch effort, I scoured a Behemoth Mace and alch'd it:

So I'm not going to mess with weapons any longer. Going to keep that like it is. My fire resist is so high now, I need to work on lowering it a little. Lightning and Cold are at 68% but I'm maxed out on full endurance charges.

Next big thing is a 5L/6L.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
Last edited by Westwood1121 on Apr 26, 2017, 7:27:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info