How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Two reliquary keys so far in total and the game definitely wants me to play MF! :O
Sadima's and Goldwyrm dropped from the same reliquary key, btw.
Also slammed a couple of screaming/shrieking woes on a regalia and got a decent one :D
6-socketing it took like 500 jewelers though, but 5-linked in 70 jewelers. So in total a little bit better than vorici prices.
Now I need a Bisco's collar to complete the gearup. Already got a Leash, but Leash is meh compared to a legacy Blazon.

Item quantity definitely seems to help with 7-jeweler drops. My generic crit bladeflurry build back in Breach felt like it had like 2-3 times less jeweler farming capability.

Chaining Strands with beyond+breach+nemesis seems to be the way for getting random uniques and okay-ish currency. Abaxoth can be a bitch and force me to spend 5 more minutes on a map, but he dropped me an infernal mantle, so at least there's something.
As soon as i 6-link a regalia and/or get a valyrium/chayula to respec to CI and get the DPS from 2 more flasks, it'll be time to finish up tiers 7-10 and go Shaped Strand.

BTW, does Ewar's frostblade build require both threshold jewels to work well in red maps? I've already got Ewar's, Darkray Vectors, a Belly and enough currency to 5-link it, and one threshold jewel, so I'm considering making a new character with those.

Edit: DEFEATED ATZIRI FIRST TIME EVER WOHOHOHOHHOHOOHHOOOHHOHHOHOOdsoahdilhbaisdbhiAHDSIHUIABSHDKBH
Last edited by incide on Apr 24, 2017, 6:48:31 PM
Does anyone know if Bowyer's Dream card is realistically farmable?

I need a whatever 6L bow, how can I get one without actually linking it?

Is there any card for 6L bow other than the Bowyer's Dream?
This league will be the last league where SSF leagues enjoy a new league.

I guess most ppl who already have characters in SSF leagues will not create new SSF characters in coming leagues since it sounds not that fun to start from an empty stash.

And SSF leagues will be one of the most depopulated leagues in line with the normal HC league in near future.

I hope GGG will implement some kind of a system that allows SSF leagues to enjoy the new leagues.
"
I guess most ppl who already have characters in SSF leagues will not create new SSF characters in coming leagues since it sounds not that fun to start from an empty stash.

I will either be sticking with HC ssf and not joining new leagues, or moving to SC ssf and playing every league that comes out. I can't do more HC ssf leagues, I'm just not good enough at the game to be able to make enough progress for it to be justifiable.
"

I hope GGG will implement some kind of a system that allows SSF leagues to enjoy the new leagues.

A bunch of challenges and achievements with rewards would be great.
I honestly dont see myself going back to playing the trading simulator.
HCSSF leagues for life!
"
This league will be the last league where SSF leagues enjoy a new league.

And SSF leagues will be one of the most depopulated leagues in line with the normal HC league in near future.

I will create SSF char in 3.0. Why? Because either way - was here or not - i always play as SSF. My first trading was in Breach and it was kinda.... dissapointing. Well obtaining gear is kinda nice but all that time spent on shop searching instead of playing is just... dull.
"

Not really.

I'll be making new SSF characters in the future.

Empty stash? No problem, I'll use one of my builds that doesn't rely on uniques to get up and running to start with and fill the sucker up.

Then, depending on what I get, will dictate what my next builds are going to be like.

Heck, it's not as if I use my stash on every character as is. I recently made a Trapper and had nothing in my stash that was useful so ignored it. Got up to mapping just fine, then crafted a bit of gear and that was that.

Honestly, what doesn't sound fun is starting from an empty stash but having the goal of needing to earn Chaos and Exalts to be able to buy everything I could ever want... I mean, that sounds so lame since you'll know that the best thing for you to do is to not play the game, but instead go flipping.
I like SSF for that there is noe really useless currency. ALL is usefull in SSF.
I will probably stay in standard SSF HC, because my playing time is kinda limited, and there are some long term goals I'd like to fulfill :) Standard suits me perfect, I'd say.

Speaking of that 30 hour farm for Rise of the Phoenix... I don't regret it at all! Having a BLAST playing RF, just love it! Finally a build I'm enjoying to the max, lazy playstyle but I'm kinda lazy anyways... :D

I've been interested in SSF since early Diablo 2 days. Trading system is "ok" in PoE, but it just feels so much more rewarding to find your own stuff. Sure it will limit some build choices, but once you find your desirable item, it feels just so awesome. Finding nice items has always been the best thing about ARPGs for me.

SSF 4 lyfe! lol
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Apr 25, 2017, 2:59:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info