64bit client crashing

Hi, I have just formatted my PC, so I have a clean install. POE does not load through steam. It just starts, I get a black screen with POE cursor and it closes. Same thing if I ran from Steam folder the x64 version. I does load the x32-version from the folder, though.
Any ideas? Thanks.
bump
Could be an issue with Microsoft rolling back update 1809 for Windows 10. From my own experience with CTDs, it seems like something is going on with DirectX 11 and PoE. Changing to DirectX 9 at least allows me open the game and make it to my character menu.

Specs: Windows 10 x64
i7-7700k @ 4.8 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 1080 Ti
GeForce Driver Version: 416.34
Running PoE from standalone client, Ethernet connection
Don't know if mine is this same issue or not, but you can see the problems I'm having on this post: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237880

I just started fresh, PoE is the only program on my PC currently. Still crashes.

I saw someone was able to run it off of the 32 bit client. I just tried that and got the same problem.

Windows 10 x64
AMD 2700x
Asus Rog GeForce 1080 Ti

I've tried running it off of 64, 32, and using GeForce Experience to run it at DirectX9, 11, optimized, and not. It doesn't matter. This issue started a few days ago and since yesterday, I simply can't even log in.
"
LumpsIsHigh wrote:
Don't know if mine is this same issue or not, but you can see the problems I'm having on this post: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237880

I just started fresh, PoE is the only program on my PC currently. Still crashes.

I saw someone was able to run it off of the 32 bit client. I just tried that and got the same problem.

Windows 10 x64
AMD 2700x
Asus Rog GeForce 1080 Ti

I've tried running it off of 64, 32, and using GeForce Experience to run it at DirectX9, 11, optimized, and not. It doesn't matter. This issue started a few days ago and since yesterday, I simply can't even log in.

I tried going through GeForce Experience as well, but I think you need to change your production_config file that is located inside your POE folder.

I right clicked it -> open with Wordpad -> ctrl + F "direct" -> changed 11 to 9 -> save changes. The first instance of reopening PoE crashes it again, but you at least see the GGG splash art screen. Running it the 2nd time, in theory, should work.
"
redragonblack wrote:
"
LumpsIsHigh wrote:

Windows 10 x64
AMD 2700x
Asus Rog GeForce 1080 Ti

I tried going through GeForce Experience as well, but I think you need to change your production_config file that is located inside your POE folder.

I right clicked it -> open with Wordpad -> ctrl + F "direct" -> changed 11 to 9 -> save changes. The first instance of reopening PoE crashes it again, but you at least see the GGG splash art screen. Running it the 2nd time, in theory, should work.

Just tried this. It makes it to the log in screen, then the screen goes black. Sound is running, no video. then exception errors pop up and it closes itself.
Crashes on startup with Directx11 suddenly here too. Still no fix for this?
Ok this is getting pretty old now...

PathOfExile_64Steam.EXE has stopped working.

I had this problem at the beginning of the league and now it's back.. Yesterday I streamed POE for 10 hours and not even a hiccup.. this morning I can't switch zones without crashing..

I have tried:

- Switching to DX9
- Turning off Multithreading
- Verifying Game files through Steam
- Launching from the 64 bit EXE
- Changing servers (multiple times)
- Uninstall/Reinstall
- FRESH PC FORMAT
- Moving game files from 1 SSD to the other, and back again.
- Moving game files to old HD
- Updating ever damn driver I have
- Flashing Bios
- FRESH FORMAT AGAIN

And whats worse.. is the internet can't seem to find a fix.

I am going to try with the official launcher when I get home this afternoon and see what happens.

Who taught you how to fight... your mum? (òÓ,)_\,,/
Still happening... I played for 7 hours yesterday with zero problems. Today I play and crash, crash, and more crashes. IT'S NOT US GGG IT'S YOU! FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME!
Have the same issue on the solo client: PathOfExile.Exe has stopped working. I get this error message every time when I join new instance. Then it takes 3-5 mins to load the zone (to the usual ~20-30secs). I don't have an SSD but this wasn't a problem in the past.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info