64bit client crashing

It's been happening a lot for me too now - especially after 3.0.1 release. Event viewer lists the following:

"
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x599a039a
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x599a039a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0065de66
Faulting process id: 0xa24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d31ca7ad2e6899
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Report Id: 0adb2cc0-69d5-4fda-8a1d-d1097a4d8b78
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Everytime I go to the kuari fortress in part 2 it crashes... getting really tired of repeating that area... playing on minimum graphic settings
Same happening here. Just started today. Apparently some packs of mobs on the "Pit" map make me crash. Dont know why...
The game works well until it loads to start the game. I can't even do anything other then admire the menu screen. I was really hoping to be able to play this game but unfortunately it doesn't seem like I'll be playing anytime soon

I've basically tried all the settings and nothing worked. I will not try reinstalling because in recent posts some say that it didn't help. If I'm to have to download the game again I will simply just find another game to play. Please find a fix for this or at least point us in the right direction to fix the problem because I'm clueless and I'm sure a lot of other players are too.

Thanks in advance.
My game stopped crashing in the 64 bit Direct X 11 version when I switched from windowed mode to full screen. I think it is a conflict with my Windows 10 desktop.

I've so far only read one page of these complaints.
Add me to the pile, on top of the crashing i just get ridiculous ping spikes that make it unplayable as well. GGG plis.
I am also having completely random crashes, I've tried all different DirectX modes, tried turning graphics down.

Sometimes I'll crash when I load into a new area, sometimes I crash when a harbinger does all of it's fancy effects. I've crashed when opening a lockbox. I just now crashed in the final room of uber lab when I went to use Scorching Ray to clear a wave of zombies with no other effects on screen.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency as to what is causing the crash and I've now lost 3 fully farmed uber lab runs to this (I take it slow and get all the keys and stuff because I find lab to be fun).

Please for the love of god fix this, I really love this game but what just happened to me makes me not want to play at all.

EDIT: I have a GTX 980ti if it makes a difference, my pc is more than capable of running this game on all settings.
Last edited by Kuishen on Sep 12, 2017, 8:56:18 PM
It should be noted that one of the reasons my crashing slowed down before I figured out windowed mode was causing the problem, was that I turned off all the non-essential graphics effects in my video card settings. I let the game do it's thing. But I found the game does work with HDR (what AA did in the past but is better and uses less processing power by down scaling from 4x the resolution of my monitor and allowing a smoother and refined blur) and the graphics look amazing. AA in the game menu is extremely inefficient and slows the game down to a crawl. It looks fantastic but is unnecessary. I use a GeForce Ti550, very old card.

Right now I'm going to try running the game with my browser open since I've fixed all my other issues.

If you notice another person said their problems were fixed by switching to windowed mode, the opposite of what I did. It seems most crashes are video driver related. Took me a week to finally get a glimpse that was the problem on my PC.
Another have the same issue here. Cant play maps like arena because of the disconnects when going between doorways. Cant make it to the boss with 6 portals because of all the disconnecting!
There is posts all over these forums about the crashing issues, and we still don't have any reply...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info