64bit client crashing

"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
Is there any way to tell in game if I an using the 64bit client?

When I open the task manager is says I am using the 32bit version when I log in with the 64bit exe.

Also when I use the Open File Location it takes me to the 32bit version file not the 62bit one which is right below it.

Then you are definitely on a 32bit client then. Are you certain you are on a 64bit system?

I was on DirectX 9. After I changed my setting to DirectX 11 it shows me using the 64bit client. So that was probably why.

Havent noticed any change in operformance, so not sure which one to use.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
A month has passed since the new League and this problem appeared and we have no news from GGG. I just lost 3ex on a transaction trying to log in some HO o.0 I cant party or Uber Lab because fear of getting DC and be really mad (uber Lab) or waste a porta/be scamer on rots. I dont know what we even have a comment from GGG or something, are they trying to fix this problem? or is community problem to find out the solution?
I can't seem to play in Fullscreen at all - 32-bit or 64bit Dx11 version doesn't matter. Every time I try to exit to main menu to change character it crashes. Changing instance also causes crashes.

Always crash.

This has been happening since December for me and still no fix.

I can only play Windowed Fullscreen - which sucks because I cannot use Fraps to record in Windowed Fullscreen.

What the hell is wrong with this game?
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 29, 2017, 6:14:43 PM
Soooooooo many DCs - x64 client crashes when porting from one area to another. Started about a week ago, DCs are constantly happening. Very surprised GGG hasn't fixed or at least come out with an announcement they are working on it.
Same here, random crashes when entering new zone or returning to the menu.
I tried with dx9 and it's remain the same.

All start with the 2.6 patch.
Frequent crashes when entering an area. Especially when entering hideout from a map.

Tried fullscreen/full windowed and all dx thingies. Playing a fresh installed PoE.

Crashed every now and then since 2.6, but even more often since last patch.

Edit: Disabled Multithreading, had no crash since then. Played a dozen hours or so. Yay.
(AMD CPU...)
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Apr 1, 2017, 6:26:39 AM
Ya its kinda wierd no response from GGG on this. Anyways the only way i can currently play the game without crashing is playing in windowed mode. GGG not responding to a few people having issues is one thing but obviously theres quite a few of us having the same exact problem and at least a "we are working on it" response is warranted.
Tried disabling Multithreading. Crashes still going on strong...

EDIT: Switched to DX9 AND Multithreading Off: crashes still persevere...
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 3, 2017, 6:03:19 PM
Just did a completely FRESH CLEAN REINSTALL of windows 10 64b. Re-updated all my drivers with the latest versions. Ran some Timespy and Firestrike benchmarks - everything looks good.

Downloaded PoE client, started up. And still getting some crashes in fullscreen when I exit from in game to character selection menu.

?? HOW?

This is a new laptop from September last year with GTX 1060, 16gb of RAM, i7 6700.

How is this even possible after a clean reinstall?

Something is definitely FUCKED UPwith this game.

I can now record in-game PoE footage at 4K 60fps, but a simple exit to menu is crashing the client?

I really hope GGG is looking at this. Going to be a clusterfuck when 3.0 hits and people are getting crashes.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 7, 2017, 3:40:27 AM
I am still crashing too.

I'm still using Radeon Crimson 17.1.2 software on my RX 480 16GB (2X8GB) Crossfire.

This because I sill experience instant crashes on game startup with both the Radeon Crimson 17.2.1 and 17.3.1 software updates.

I also have an Intel Core i7 6700K (Desktop) 16 GB DDR4

This is after the latest patch, which we've been told addressed the 64 bit client's multi threading issue.

I mainly crash when I'm leaving an instance or portal back from master missions or from other people's hideouts.
There were some cases when I experienced instant crashes on multiple occasions during traveling to other people's hideouts which is extremely annoying when you want to trade. Luckily most PoE traders are people with lots of patience and understanding and willing to come to my hideout in cases like the above.

Sometimes after crash the game switches to a lower resolution, (1920x1000) windowed mode on the next startup. This happened less after the latest patch. The sudden switches to windowed mode during play is gone, thankfully. That was the most annoying.

I hope we get a patch before 3.0.0 hits or there's going to be major issues. I mean more major than right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info