64bit client crashing

It's happening to me too. It keeps on crashing regularly, mostly when I'm changing areas, but sometimes during instances.

Very annoying. It almost ruined my trade today. I tried to visit the sellers hide out and it kept crashing every time I tried. Fortunately the seller was a cool dude and very understanding and we solved it by him coming to my hide out.

I can't imagine what would have happened if he was one of those angry traders. Because he might have thought I was taking a piss, then he wouldn't have sold me ever again.

So please fix it soon.

I am running multithreading, predictive (I can't stand lockstep stuttering), 64 bit Client

Anyhow here is my DxDiag (Might help):

http://pastebin.com/MURgGbgT

I don't know if this will be helpful in any way, but I am crashing constantly as well.

I had no problems playing the other day, not a single crash. I had to do some cleanup on my PC and threw POE into the pile of things to reinstall. after the install, nothing but constant crashing. I have tried all of the fixes listed here, nothing has worked. But the game ran fine on my old install.
Also getting random crashes when switching areas for the past week, including with patch 2.6e. Disabling/enabling multi-threading makes no difference.

Crash Info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: PathOfExile.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 58c1cda3
Fault Module Name: PathOfExile.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 58c1cda3
Exception Offset: 00e65842
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Path of crash

All day crashing, uber labs crash, maps crash, zana crash, vorici crash
GGG probably thinks it's funny, they're bored and need to have fun!
Last edited by barik34 on Mar 15, 2017, 2:57:32 AM
Just remembered that there is another thing.

My current Radeon software is 17.1.2. When I updated to 17.2.1 2 weeks ago the game wouldn't even start.
So I had to roll back to 17.1.2.

I hope the new optional 17.3.1 fixes it.

I'm installing it now.

Will let you know.
I'm having the same problem as everyone else, crashes when leaving zones.

Would it be possible for a Dev to reply to this thread, I fully understand that sometimes these sorts of problems are hard to fix but I think I can speak for everyone who's posted in this thread we would be more than happy to provide any extra information you might need if you just tell us what it is.

I'm running WIn10 Pro 64bit
CPU: 6800K
GPU: GTX1080
DX11

I can post my DXCFG or any other information that will help solve things.

I should also note the various patches that have been released to fix things have steadily made things worse and worse for me.
Last edited by Broak on Mar 15, 2017, 9:53:31 AM
Reporting back:

Installed Radeon software 17.3.1

Instant crash on start. Same thing I experienced with 17.2.1
Roling back agai to 17.1.2

I guess it's your turn to try for a fix GGG.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
Reporting back:

Installed Radeon software 17.3.1

Instant crash on start. Same thing I experienced with 17.2.1
Roling back agai to 17.1.2

I guess it's your turn to try for a fix GGG.

must be the card you have itself and the way it interacts with the ATI drivers.
i have a R9 390 running 17.2.1 and no problem with crashes.

i remember a problem similar to this with my old 560Ti. where for like 3-4 driver updates that Nvidia did i couldnt use them because the drivers made my card crash. obviously there were lots of people that complained about it on the geforce forums. however, it was one of those things that wasnt affecting all manufacturers.

Fix your 64 bit client GGG,I just had this problem during a merc lab run,very infuriating I must say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info