[2.6] 2MIL+ DPS, 9k+ LIFE Lead Sprinkler

Hey guys. I've never created a build before but i think this one has some nice potential.

My idea was to get as much life and dps out of the Brutus' Lead Sprinkler as possible.

I'll be working on guide formatting, optimizing the build, and posting some accomplishments.

The gear:

Spoiler
Brutus' Lead Sprinkler x2

Crown of Eyes (for shaper) or rare helmet with str/life/resists

Belly of the Beast

Xoph's blood

rare with str/life/resist/possibly accuracy

armor boots or arm/ev or arm/es with life/move speed/str/resists
or abberath's hooves. the prolif might be very nice.

Opal ring(best), coral ring, prismatic ring, or two stone rings with life, str, fire damage(increased or added), resists, wed, possibly accuracy or all attributes
taming + emberwake for a cyclone/molten strike option.

i'm using an essence worm for mapping and creating a dual blasphemy curse+enlighten with anger because i dont want to click another button in the earthquake version.
*dropped this when i got abberaths hooves because i needed resists

Heavy or leather belt with life, str, wed, resists

Flask: Witchfire Brew!!

Forbidden Taste is very nice now.

possible +lightning damage vinktars (though not great), possible dying sun, life flask(s), optional silver/granite/rumi/sulphur/basalt/quicksilver

Efficient Training jewel, Inertia jewel, brawn, wildfire(moltenstrike) however you can spare the stats

the best jewels for gg are actually rares with fire damage, life, damage/projectile damage, and area damage. Rares make it easier to have enough dex/int on your gear aswell.

Here is the passive tree

Spoiler

for molten strike(recommended):

http://poeurl.com/baax

for earthquake:

http://poeurl.com/8cx

the best alteration might be to trade "revenge of the hunted" node near vaal pact (gives life) for "arsonist" (gives damage) if you want.

for a cyclone taming+emberwake:

http://poeurl.com/8AQ
(life)

http://poeurl.com/8Kj
(dmg)

Ascendancy: Berserker, Aspect of carnage and cloaked in savagery

Bandits: oak, kraityn, passive

current gear/gems/links:

molten strike (recommended)
Spoiler

for really hard bosses swap in haste-anger-enlighten and curse on hit - orb of storms - flammability. use rare boots instead of abberath's.

cyclone
Spoiler

earthquake
Spoiler

Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 14, 2017, 9:12:59 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2017, 6:19:32 PM
Hi!

I'm currently using a dual wield brutus lead sprinkler build too, and have been playing this game since Beta so i'd say i have a good understanding of the game mechanics, and your build seems quite wonky. No offence intended, but there's a lot of things that just don't mesh well together.

so here's a list of some basics, in order of importance

-

1. Crown of Eyes is a pathetic waste of an item slot. You're better off with literally any Str/Hp helm.

2. You spend WAY too many points of the wrong areas of the tree, namely the witch and ranger sides. My build has almost 1300 Str, whereas i can't imagine yours possibly having more than 600-700... That means less durability & less damage. It simply isn't worth it. Specially considering the things you travel around there for aren't even that relevant or powerful.
This isn't just a matter of your pathing being unoptimized, your path choices are simply bad for a lead sprinkler build.

3. The lead sprinkler has a reasonbly high base attack speed, and it gets even higher due to the dual wielding. Earthquake shines with slow attack weapons. You're wasting a ton of potential damage by opting to use earthquake.

4. why on earth are you using iron will....? i could think of 10 better gem choices.

5. Anger isn't a good choice. Your base fire damage from Str scaling will be so high that Anger will only end up adding like 5% to it.
It's just not worth it when you consider diminishing returns and opportunity costs.
Haste is a good choice though.

6. consider dedicating a 4 (or 3) link to your Ancestral War-chief (take war-chief, not protector). Don't just use it for the buff, it can actually deal a crap ton of damage, and you should utilize it.

7. Blood Rage is worthless since most of your damage is fire, not physical. The debuff isn't worth the slight attack speed increase.

-

It's a solid idea, and i understand wanting to stick to the earthquake theme, you're just purposely gimping yourself for some unnecessary reasons.
Best of luck!
Spoiler
"

1. Crown of Eyes is a pathetic waste of an item slot. You're better off with literally any Str/Hp helm.

yeah im finding that to be true. switching to chance to ignite feels much better for mapping. crown of eyes will add MUCH more damage though. might buy one for shaper.

Spoiler
"
2. You spend WAY too many points of the wrong areas of the tree, namely the witch and ranger sides. My build has almost 1300 Str, whereas i can't imagine yours possibly having more than 600-700... That means less durability & less damage. It simply isn't worth it. Specially considering the things you travel around there for aren't even that relevant or powerful.
This isn't just a matter of your pathing being unoptimized, your path choices are simply bad for a lead sprinkler build.

here is my planned tree as of now. i changed it a bit. http://poeurl.com/8cx

final stats with every buff that the build can do and 100% perfect gear vs regular mobs with rare helm (but not essence worm) and chance to ignite:

6.7 million dps, 9605 life, 89% chance to hit, 76% chance to ignite for 4.4s.

less damage - not true. another curse is adding 2.3 million dps vs regular mobs fully buffed and elemental overload is adding 2.6 million. heart of flame is not so good, adding only 1 million dps but dps per point is worth it over other things, and so is the life node. vaal pact is keeping me alive because normal leech rate sucks. after taking vaal pact, which means you instantly gain back your full hp every time you attack, the life wheel beside it is debatable. its the worst out of any of them, but blood siphon is much more life/point than any other life node i could be taking. after that you might aswell take trickery and even elemntal focus. they are slightly (about 10k) less dps than arsonist, but with more utility, and much better than skittering runes, entropy, forces of nature, celestial judgement, holy fire, fire walker, raw strength, or anything else.

Spoiler
"
3. The lead sprinkler has a reasonbly high base attack speed, and it gets even higher due to the dual wielding. Earthquake shines with slow attack weapons. You're wasting a ton of potential damage by opting to use earthquake.

what would be better? ill test it out. mostly using quake to scale the ignite with aftershock. the 50% more damage is real nice, and theres really no need to have any kind of attack speed with ignites. this way i can 1 shot almost everything. i think this ignite way of playing with these weapons is much stronger than if i used them like they were HOWA.

a fast attack build with these weapons that exploits the taming + emberwake might be very interesting to see. 3000% increased fire damage with a massive str scaled base fast attacker vs shaper? incredible. if no one makes that type of build in a month then i will.

Spoiler
"

4. why on earth are you using iron will....? i could think of 10 better gem choices.

for crown of eyes. by far the highest dps boost. i will only use that setup for shaper i think. chance to ignite is much nicer for mapping.
Spoiler
"

5. Anger isn't a good choice. Your base fire damage from Str scaling will be so high that Anger will only end up adding like 5% to it.
It's just not worth it when you consider diminishing returns and opportunity costs.
Haste is a good choice though.

actually anger adds 14.6% of damage. haste only adds 7.4%. actually wrath adds more than haste, 8.7%, due to avatar of fire conversiop.

Spoiler
"

6. consider dedicating a 4 (or 3) link to your Ancestral War-chief (take war-chief, not protector). Don't just use it for the buff, it can actually deal a crap ton of damage, and you should utilize it.

yeah its pretty good. i just dont want to click another spell for every pack. i'd rather use something like cwdt - blade vortex - culling strike for more damage. warchief is much better than protector, you're right.
Spoiler

"
7. Blood Rage is worthless since most of your damage is fire, not physical. The debuff isn't worth the slight attack speed increase.

blood rage gives frenzy charges. they add a 16% more modifier with 4 frenzy charges, or 4% more damage per charge. that's a lot. doesn't matter what type of damage you deal. blood rage can give 25% attack speed with quality and frenzy charges are another 16% with 4. thats as good as a lvl 17 faster attacks, feels much better.
Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 6, 2017, 12:12:19 AM
Nice build.

Did you consider going for molten strike + emberwake instead of EQ? Molten strike will give you a lot of particles and each can ignite, each will hit and leech. Molten strike + multistrike + conc effect + iron will (in case you use crown of eyes) or WED + slower proj + chance to ignite (not sure if we can get enough crit and ignite on tree). Conc eff & slower proj should double dip with ignites. Iron Will and WED won't but they should still affect magma balls.
"
ignatich wrote:
Nice build.

Did you consider going for molten strike + emberwake instead of EQ? Molten strike will give you a lot of particles and each can ignite, each will hit and leech. Molten strike + multistrike + conc effect + iron will (in case you use crown of eyes) or WED + slower proj + chance to ignite (not sure if we can get enough crit and ignite on tree). Conc eff & slower proj should double dip with ignites. Iron Will and WED won't but they should still affect magma balls.

actually i got my hands on

im testing out cyclone with a variation of this build now. it has a higher damage potential, if something lets you hit it for very long, and the damage was already decent. i really hate molten strike though. sometimes i use it for leveling and the balls never hit what you want and its incredibly painful for me to use. this version of the build is MUCH more expensive. i think this version will have less life but be really a lot stronger vs shaper/guardians.

i think this tree seems to be the most efficient damage/life per point

http://poeurl.com/8AQ
{life}

http://poeurl.com/8Kj
(dmg)

it will probly end up being 8.6k life or less, im not sure im happy about that. its impossible to calculate the damage because of a setup like cwdt-bv-firestorm-chance to ignite. the damage will be higher than the original build even without that setup, and especially a large increase vs shaper. probly a slower clearer. might be a better character with molten strike, im not sure.

the links will change aswell.
Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 7, 2017, 12:26:59 PM
You only use Molten Strike for single target. You use something else for AOE in a 4L.
IGN: Dmillz
I'm pretty sure Crown of Eyes and Iron Will don't synergize the way you are expecting them to.
Fresh builds all day.
This seems very interesting and potential for end game is big, would you go berserker or chieftain?
"
Dmillz wrote:
You only use Molten Strike for single target. You use something else for AOE in a 4L.

if you take point blank on the tree the dps is slightly lower than cyclone. i think maybe a different tree could make it slightly better than cyclone. leap slam into a pack -> earthquake(no emberwake) seems fastest for clearing and still good for map bosses. im not sure a 4 link would work well enough.

"
I'm pretty sure Crown of Eyes and Iron Will don't synergize the way you are expecting them to.

it does make str scale your attacks.

"
This seems very interesting and potential for end game is big, would you go berserker or chieftain?

for endgame it could do high tier maps and shaper, but its not a crazy op meta build or ultra fast clearing. mnuch cheaper than one though.

berserker. chieftans str and fire scaling sucks and gives you much less dmg than berserker. the tree would look different because youd need to path to vitality void. cloaked in savagery is also incredible for survivability. with the taming + emberwake i think there is a lot of potential for raider aswell but that would start being a build more focused on shaper/guardian farming.
Last edited by goldnugget on Mar 9, 2017, 9:24:35 AM
Where does this build get its leech from? Great build BTW!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info