Edge of madness build for 2.6//Legacy//WiP// Help!

Nah i think i'll stick with going v'strike and spectral throw for this, I'll also try adding in the poison support instead of pierce support(you don't need pierce i think for it to go through) and swap between slower projectiles.. if its bad.
Viper Strike poisons by default, which i guess, you know.

Spectral Throw is your AoE cleaner so poison wouldn't be too useful there, unless you really need the additionnal safety (replacing GMP with Slower projectiles and Pierce with Poison then)
Culling Strike is an other possibility (damage, attack speed with quality and basically a 11% more damage multiplier)
With assassin though, Poison may be the better choice if AoE damage is lacking.
is pierce really necessary cause the wiki says this:

"
Automatic Piercing: Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies. This means that Pierce Support, Chain Support , and Fork Support have no effect (details). Projectiles cannot pass through terrain obstacles; they will turn back if they were traveling outbound and disappear if they were traveling inbound.

Yeh what about slower projectiles and faster projectiles?
or crit multiplyer/critchance
Last edited by SkyBlade90000 on Mar 1, 2017, 6:48:40 PM
Gonna try to break down the tree into level paths

1-25,25-44,45-65 and 65+

As for bandits i'm guessing skill-point, frenzy charge, power charge...

Also Ascendancy Order: Noxious -> Toxic Delivery -> Unstable Infusion -> Deadly infusion.

Will edit these as well as items to use soon!
"
SkyBlade90000 wrote:
is pierce really necessary cause the wiki says this:

"
Automatic Piercing: Spectral Throw has a 100% chance to pierce enemies. This means that Pierce Support, Chain Support , and Fork Support have no effect (details). Projectiles cannot pass through terrain obstacles; they will turn back if they were traveling outbound and disappear if they were traveling inbound.

Yeh what about slower projectiles and faster projectiles?
or crit multiplyer/critchance

I'm prety sure the pierce support gem is added only for its more multiplier.
IGN :Kriogenic
Hi.... i had mostly the same build idea.... however i'll be a EOM spec throw/ vaal spec throw...
i have made a tree and think it should work out rather nicely. i didn't want to make a crit build since EOM has a poor crit base.... i also didnt want to make a poison build since those usually go hand in hand with hard hitting builds, which are usually crit.... so i wanted to make a pure chaos damage spec throw build that doesnt rely on poison.... im hoping my tree works out.... on my tree i basically have 380% increased chaos dmg(that's with increased proj dmg), 168% increased life, 5 jewel sockets(to make up for the 168% life and also grant dmg), max frenzy charges, raider for easy frenzy generation, and more...

Thinking my links are gonna be Spec throw, faster att, void manip, added chaos, GMP(or LMP), pierce(or faster/slower proj)
I have tried using edge of madness in a build as like everyone in this post, was excited for the changes. Sadly the build has gotten much worse in the late game as i hit around lvl 60. I was using 2 skills. Lacerate linked with Added Chaos, Multistrike, Melee Phys, Faster Attacks and increased Aoe. The other skill was Viper Strike linked with Multistrike, added chaos, Void Manipulation and melee phys. To apply the poison I am using a voidheart with haemophilias and the poison on bleeding enemies next to iron reflexes. The build, as i said was really good and clean to level but as soon as I was about to hit maps, i had the idea to try and craft a sword. The damaged was boosted incredibly (4-5k). I was really hoping edge of madness was the weapon i was looking for as I always have been a fan of it. I will try and save up for a starforge to use and compare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info