Edge of madness build for 2.6//Legacy//WiP// Help!

With the new changes to EoM i'm thinking it can finally be used properly, lets make a build for this guy based on Chaos/Physical dmg!

EOM changes:

""Edge of Madness: No longer has Life gained on kill per level. No longer has Increased Elemental Damage per level. Now has 1-2 Physical Damage added per level.""

Skill gems possibilities: Cyclone, Flicker strike,Spectral throw, Ancestral??

Supporting links: Add Chaos, poison support

Char options: Assassin,Raider,Champion??

Please great theory crafters halp make a build!

Last bumped on Apr 9, 2017, 4:40:41 AM
Viper Strike (to take the most advantage of the chaos part) + Spectral Throw (Melee Splash = no).
Cherrubim's Maleficence for armor, Ming's Heart + Belt of the Deceiver otherwise.
Go Acrobatics.
Get resistances/life accordingly.

Raider for Frenzy charges/QoL. Slayer possible too.

Supports would be :
* Spectral Throw + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Pierce + Added Chaos Damage + Void Manipulation + Faster Attacks.
* Viper Strike + Multistrike + Added Chaos + Void Manipulation + Melee Physical Damage + Faster Attacks

Could get rid of Viper Strike and go Kaom's Heart (Legacy for more fun) with Slower Projectiles Swapping. No poison though.
Or Viper Strike + Melee Splash if you can bear it.

Assassin if you want to go crit'. Squishier though.

I detailled ONE possibility. There are as many possibilities as you want them to be (Crit' ? Poison emphasis ? Tanky ? Projectile or Melee ? Etc)
Make your choice and be creative ; there's no wrong option as long as your build makes sense.
Thanks alot for the reply!

And i'm just going for the build that would be most suitable for farming high tier maps more efficiently, not really a uber runner more just a good farmer type. :D

I'm more a fan of DoT, crits and chaos but surviving is a must,

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQDuBS0FtQd1B5kOSA-rES8S4RNtFAkVIBa_GYYZtCCcIVUi4iLqI9MkiyT9JogmlSoLKjgqTSsKLOktgzIBNZI2PTfUOuE-zz8nQzFHfkfiSRNKyEtXTI5M_03jUUdRTFVLVYVZ8F3yXhNfsGHiYqxlTWqMapNsjG1sbqpvJ2-ecFJ07XX9dwd6731bhG-EooTFhO-Gs4cTh2qJ4I2_j2CQbJLQkx-aapsmm7WcpJ2qotmi6qQ5pcumV6knrEew2LIZtUi18rcwvTa95r6nwKbA48M6yBTKSs961CPUQtZY2L3awdw95ljnVOd06NbrY-0_8bPyRfVv_gr-j__e

Is this a decent skill tree to go with?

not sure about deadly infusion or assassinate..
Last edited by SkyBlade90000 on Mar 1, 2017, 1:01:39 PM
I thinking about it too, didn't see your thread and start mine https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840143
"
I thinking about it too, didn't see your thread and start mine https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840143

No problem lol, lets work together to make EoM viable!

Im gonna try the build as my first/starter for legacy.. hope the prices for EoM keeps low xd.
I'd get rid of the DoT nodes, the evasion nodes (not leading to anything), the endurance charge by Duelist (and the 2 nodes around), travelling through the dex node.
I'd pick Master of the Arena (for Viper Strike at least) and pick more life nodes.

Probably Assassinate with Flicker Strike and Deadly Infusion otherwise, since you'll have troubles capping crit', even with Assassin.
I'd try to pick the Sword crit' cluster too since it's fairly huge.

Easiest would be to go CI though ; you'll lack EHP otherwise i'm afraid, even with Acrobatics, since Shadow + Crit' usually lacks nodes to afford enough survivability nodes (and you barely have any Strength on top of that)

Something more like this :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQW1BiAGogceB5kN0Q5IDlwQexEvEVARlhXXFe0WvxfcGyUdTyBuIuoi9CT9J6kqCyo4Kwosvy0fMHw1uTY9N9Q-z0V-SVFJsUsKS65MjkyzUDBRR1S9VYVWY1b6WHVZ8FxAXfJfal-wYQZjQ2qMavpsC20ZbWxvnnBSdKB1_XcHd9d-WX8rf8aDCYRvhKKExYauhxOJ04wLjDaNv4_6kyeVLpaLm7WcpKEvotmly6crqTSw2LVIt9m5fL3mvjq-isEAwzrIFMpKzerQH9DQ1ELVudfP2VvbGuOE51TndOjW6QLrFOtj7BjssO0_74jv6_DV9Uv1b_k3_94=

About 250% increased ES, more damage, more accuracy/crit' and some help vs reflect (Master of Force in 2.6)
"

CI is always fun, didn't think it would have been an option but i love crafting awesome es items..

So leech will be reliant on your gear i guess, a Doriyani's invitation perhaps?
And what about this item - Hungry Abyss http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hungry_Abyss

and of course an atziri's flask but this is late game, early game es is hard to get by..

Lastly should we invest into blood drinker in the early stages to help a bit with leech?(its real close by in the tree + u get some life which would be good for early es/CI builds)
Atziri's Promise, leech on gear/jewel or Blood Rage in order of preference.
Blood Drinker during leveling, why not (but leech is pretty useless during leveling ...)
"
Atziri's Promise, leech on gear/jewel or Blood Rage in order of preference.
Blood Drinker during leveling, why not (but leech is pretty useless during leveling ...)

Hahaha idk man it helps sometimes... against those hardies like malachai, Piety and a bit of merciless swarms ,tho,i'm assuming you would only go into CI around lvl 60-65+ when you get enough es in the build and some life-leech on the gear..(im bad at theorycrafts lol , just my opinions/assumptions here)
Depends.
Actually, lowest level i went CI/LL was 34, but was a Guardian, with 4K armor by then (and no proper tweaking gear). 1500 ES during Merciless leveling, no problem ! (ye, no death at all ...)

It depends on what you play and how you play it.
I wouldn't go CI with Flicker Strike early on without stun immunity, that's for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info