[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
Simplink wrote:
Hey, I'm thinking of doing this build when 3.0 launches. I have a question though, why no Englightnen - Empower - Wrath setup in +1 to socketed gems in Lycosidae? I'm pretty new to the game so pardon me if there's something I don't understand yet :)

You could do this. However to me, I will never spend 20 exalts for a 3 link setup just to get a few levels on wrath.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
Thank you so much for the reply!

I'm still gearing up and building currency to burn on equipment, so bear with the lower DPS counts right now.

All values with L21 Wrath, 20/20 Herald in hideout

5L without Crit Chance = 21,359 DPS tooltip, 25.69% chance to crit
Add Crit Strikes Level 15 20 Quality = 26,408 DPS, 40.68% chance to crit
Swap in a Level 18 0q Elemental Focus = 31,036 DPS (and same 25.69% chance to crit)

Given Critical Strikes seems to become exponentially more effective as your base crit chance / multi improve (will improve as my equipment is not where it needs to be yet), I'm sure testing results will differ once I fill in the gear.

As I stand right now, the game is giving me a strong objective measure that Elemental Focus might be right for now. This probably is based on swords having lower crit multi overall.

Current weapon (again, the reason I chose swords - will be hard to top this since I just burnt my last ex buying the 6L Belly):

Well obviously you have to go with the flow and fit in what you can, and afford what you can afford.

The sword has a nice bit of EDPS on it and that added bonus crit multi which is nice. The best part about foils however is that they can give you 2+ Aps pretty easy, think it goes up to like 2.08 with max roll. Yours however never rolled the aps, so it was crafted on it giving it a total of 1.84 which is pretty low and only very slightly better than a dagger. My dagger being an imperial skean has 1.81 aps on it atm. The big difference is that since you had to add the 15 IAS, you couldn't add the crit, so your crit chance is 5.5% on weapon.

So not to be mean, but all in all its a decent find, but w/o crit + attack speed you can find a much better foil for not to much.

Right now on poe.trade there is one up with 356 EDPS, 2.02 APS, and 7.31 crit for 2 ex.

I take no offense, and I appreciate the insight. That being said, this foil has 414.92 DPS (sum of min + sum of max)/2 * APS, unless I did the math wrong, which means finding a suitable replacement would be much harder than 2ex.

Either way, thanks again for the insights!
Few questions:

1. At what point do you typically put a point into Point Blank?

2. Would you agree/disagree with swapping Whirling Blades as a movement skill for Shield Charge? I mean you're using a shield after all, so I don't see the big deal. I greatly prefer Shield Charge > Whirling Blades.
"
decyphier wrote:
Few questions:

1. At what point do you typically put a point into Point Blank?

2. Would you agree/disagree with swapping Whirling Blades as a movement skill for Shield Charge? I mean you're using a shield after all, so I don't see the big deal. I greatly prefer Shield Charge > Whirling Blades.

Point blank should be one of the very last skill points you put in. Probably 90+. Or whenever you decide to start farming shaper/guardians. General mapping is largely unaffected at this point, and it helps a ton for boss kills because you get right up in their face with slower projectiles. Adds a huge amount of dps. Mostly though it its super useful for things like uber atziri/shaper/guardians. So if you aren't doing that content yet I would grab other stuff first.

As for shield charge that is completely up to you. Honestly I don't think I have ever met someone who preferred shield charge over whirling blades but that is fine, everyone is different. It does have a much better aoe I guess :). Attack speed effects both of them equally and it is only used for movement + applying fortify when you want it. I will warn you however that shield charge is very unlikely to be able to keep up with whirling blades speeds. You will also have to get 3r1g on pure evasion helm/gloves probably which isn't exactly end of the world, but just thought id throw it out there.
Quite new here, trying to build something a little less that this build but still following basics, one thing i cant figure out is where does the mana come into play here, for me so far im having a hard time not running out of mana all the time. what am i missing?
"
wayforward wrote:
Quite new here, trying to build something a little less that this build but still following basics, one thing i cant figure out is where does the mana come into play here, for me so far im having a hard time not running out of mana all the time. what am i missing?

Answer is in the original post, sorry, but not going to repeat myself over and over everytime someone asks and didn't read the post :/
Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english, it's really bad ^^

SO just want to thank you for this build. Really fun to play. For now, i'm playing on tier 12/13/14 (don't have any tier 15) and i have some fun to kill easily the mob haha.

My current gear is pretty nice i think (if you have any idea to improve, i'm listening ^^)

In hideout currently :

-5160 life
-34k dps, i'm close 90k dps with all frenzy, etc.
- 52% crit chance

I reach the 93 level, that will allow me to use a third jewel.

I'm pretty lucky, i play with a friend who has an aura build. And it's realy awsome (82% resist, more dps and more armour !)

I will probably try it on the 3.0. We will see :)

Again, thanks, i love so much this build !!

"
Minikeum7 wrote:
Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english, it's really bad ^^

SO just want to thank you for this build. Really fun to play. For now, i'm playing on tier 12/13/14 (don't have any tier 15) and i have some fun to kill easily the mob haha.

My current gear is pretty nice i think (if you have any idea to improve, i'm listening ^^)

In hideout currently :

-5160 life
-34k dps, i'm close 90k dps with all frenzy, etc.
- 52% crit chance

I reach the 93 level, that will allow me to use a third jewel.

I'm pretty lucky, i play with a friend who has an aura build. And it's realy awsome (82% resist, more dps and more armour !)

I will probably try it on the 3.0. We will see :)

Again, thanks, i love so much this build !!

Your very welcome, glad to hear your enjoying the build. Your gear is pretty solid, room for a few small min/max improvements if you want. Just keep going at it for now :)
Hi, looking to play this or similar in the 3.0 beta. Pondering over Bandits at the moment; whether to help Kraityn or Alira. Thoughts?

Alira: 5 mana regeneration/sec, 20% critical strike multiplier, 15% all elemental res

Kraityn is 6% increased attack speed /Increased cast speed / 3% attack dodge / 6% Movement speed

The crit multi looks really appealing considering it has been nerfed elsewhere in the game.
Last edited by dandan88 on Jul 5, 2017, 10:53:49 AM
"
dandan88 wrote:
Hi, looking to play this or similar in the 3.0 beta. Pondering over Bandits at the moment; whether to help Kraityn or Alira. Thoughts?

Alira: 5 mana regeneration/sec, 20% critical strike multiplier, 15% all elemental res

Kraityn is 6% increased attack speed /Increased cast speed / 3% attack dodge / 6% Movement speed

The crit multi looks really appealing considering it has been nerfed elsewhere in the game.

I have compiled a list so far on my computer of all the changes that will effect the build so far in 3.0. The bandit choices are one of them.

100% I would go with alira. 15% ele resist is no joke, 5 mana/s is super useful especially while leveling, and 20% crit multi is just icing on the cake. I will most definitely be taking this in future.

Kraityn is a complete joke for the most part. 3% dodge is almost negligible. I mean it helps... but 3%? The movespeed is nearly negligible and since we whirl everywhere, its 100% negligible. The only thing it really gives us is 6% attack speed.

Go alira 100%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info