[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
DanielQ wrote:
Thank you aaOzymandias for the clear explanation!

Sorry goofy, I have read your FAQ but it is not clear from a new player perspective.

In act 3 merciless right now, but struggling to survive - probably cos I can't find a good ele weapon so far.

"
Shankhook wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the build, my first real go at a life build since i started POE again recently. It is alot of fun, probably most out of all i have played in 2.6, i am struggling a bit with it though to be honest.

Difficult to upgrade my weapon, i am at 81 now and still using sword i found around level 58! Nothing dropped better since and most decent upgrades on poetrade +280 epds to suit are like 1ex or more

Also kinda forced to upgrade now as running out of room on tree before dagger nodes,

I'm at 10k damage at hideout with herald,wrath and golem, which i think is probably low, OP i think said he is 40k? have lots of work on gems still to do though.

Also have not done uber lab and don't yet have avatar of the veil, I think quartz infusion is kinda lack lustre by itself so took rapid assault instead for time being, and quartz flask does same job until i get vinktar anyway

My main issue is bosses, not killing before i run out of pots. And I'm having stupid problem getting right colors on helm and boots

Also orb of storms seems kinda janky for generating power charges, i have 16% chance to crit with it, with 50% chance then of getting power charge. So 8% chance?

I think gear is ok, not terrible? :)

Simply use poe.trade and buy a new weapon if it becomes issues with you. 3 month league should have been over by now normally but they extended it until 3.0 release, which means there should be all kinds of items for trade :)
In my experience having a full 6 link and 20% quality gems makes a huge difference for this build as well.

hi, having a blast with this build, havent played a lot this season so i kinda struggle with currency atm but i see the potential.

one short question: i read your faq about point blank. im not ready yet for stuff like guardians/shaper/uber atziri (gear wise), farming t11 maps atm. sooo, sorry for the stupid question: when to use point blank? do i use it for maps? (for more clear explanation: i DO use it in my build atm)

thanks for your awesome guide!
Last edited by benni_1115 on Jun 9, 2017, 3:22:58 AM
"
benni_1115 wrote:
hi, having a blast with this build, havent played a lot this season so i kinda struggle with currency atm but i see the potential.

one short question: i read your faq about point blank. im not ready yet for stuff like guardians/shaper/uber atziri (gear wise), farming t11 maps atm. sooo, sorry for the stupid question: when to use point blank? do i use it for maps? (for more clear explanation: i DO use it in my build atm)

It is most definitely one of the LAST things you should pick up. It is very powerful but its very short range, so its used in conjunction with slower projectiles for boss farming stuff like (uber atziri/shaper/guardians) I mean it has other uses too, like map bosses and such, but point blank don't really matter for most of that.

I would unspec it until you are ready for shaper/guardian stuff.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
benni_1115 wrote:

It is most definitely one of the LAST things you should pick up. It is very powerful but its very short range, so its used in conjunction with slower projectiles for boss farming stuff like (uber atziri/shaper/guardians) I mean it has other uses too, like map bosses and such, but point blank don't really matter for most of that.

I would unspec it until you are ready for shaper/guardian stuff.

thanks for your insight and very informative post! keep up your good work :)
Hi, great guide, fun build. Got a question - my ST dps in hideout with herald, wrath and golem is mere 5.7k. This seems super low compared to g00fy and even to other people of similar level and gear to mine. My gear is far from perfect, gems don't have quality etc., but the dps seems so much lower. Sure I got 5L, missing helm enchant, don't have super ideal items and quality gems, so I'm not looking for that kind of help (the guide makes it pretty clear what's needed), more of a general check if I haven't overlooked something really basic.

Not sure how to link specific character profile, but it's the one called QuickToFlee.

With the low dps I have, i can clear stuff up to like t10 maps, but it takes time and I constantly have mana problems (even on low-tier maps, despite having some +%mana regen and mana leech), because I have to spam ST a lot.
Also, I'm still super squishy, basically anything that touches me can kill me (except for when I'm hitting mobs, hence leeching life) and most rare mobs and bosses can OHK me easily. Maybe I'm too used to beink tanky from my high-block inquisitor char.
"
relbmaR wrote:
Hi, great guide, fun build. Got a question - my ST dps in hideout with herald, wrath and golem is mere 5.7k. This seems super low compared to g00fy and even to other people of similar level and gear to mine. My gear is far from perfect, gems don't have quality etc., but the dps seems so much lower. Sure I got 5L, missing helm enchant, don't have super ideal items and quality gems, so I'm not looking for that kind of help (the guide makes it pretty clear what's needed), more of a general check if I haven't overlooked something really basic.

Not sure how to link specific character profile, but it's the one called QuickToFlee.

With the low dps I have, i can clear stuff up to like t10 maps, but it takes time and I constantly have mana problems (even on low-tier maps, despite having some +%mana regen and mana leech), because I have to spam ST a lot.
Also, I'm still super squishy, basically anything that touches me can kill me (except for when I'm hitting mobs, hence leeching life) and most rare mobs and bosses can OHK me easily. Maybe I'm too used to beink tanky from my high-block inquisitor char.

Your account profile is set to private so I can not view any of your characters or anything. 5.7 is extremely low even for not having very good gear. However everything ups your damage by a bit in the end game and all that adds up.

20/20 gems, level 21 gems, helm enchant, better weapon, 6th link, higher level, attack speed on gloves, etc etc etc.

I mean 5.7k is still awfully low, but without looking at your gear/level/passive I really can't help you more
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Your account profile is set to private so I can not view any of your characters or anything. 5.7 is extremely low even for not having very good gear. However everything ups your damage by a bit in the end game and all that adds up.

20/20 gems, level 21 gems, helm enchant, better weapon, 6th link, higher level, attack speed on gloves, etc etc etc.

I mean 5.7k is still awfully low, but without looking at your gear/level/passive I really can't help you more
Can you try again? I checked privacy settings and the checkbox "Set profile as private (hides all tabs including Overview)" is not checked. Re-applied just to be sure.

Edit: nevermind, it's probably my underleveled blue gems .. had issues with low INT, so I left most blue gems at low levels, now that I'm leveling them, dps is going up a bit.
Last edited by relbmaR on Jun 9, 2017, 8:17:13 PM
"
relbmaR wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

Can you try again? I checked privacy settings and the checkbox "Set profile as private (hides all tabs including Overview)" is not checked. Re-applied just to be sure.

Edit: nevermind, it's probably my underleveled blue gems .. had issues with low INT, so I left most blue gems at low levels, now that I'm leveling them, dps is going up a bit.

Seems to be working now man. Your biggest things are your gem levels, some of your gems are extremely low level. Like added lightning and lightning pen. Your wrath is also level 5. Your yourself are also only level 77.

So once you level up your gems, and level more yourself a lot of your damage should even out.

Your gear is far from great, but you knew this already. It is not absolutely god awful (except maybe that amulet ;)) more than sufficient to start things rolling with.

So i tried this build on the beta to see how smooth the leveling would be.
And as of right now i've completed all of the beta content at lv55. Even tho i had the worst luck i've ever had in any league i did all the content with 1.6k life (did not have a single life roll on any items at some point) and i was not resist capped. Only issue i had was mana so i had to take 3 mana leech nodes in the end for it to actually be playable

This build will probably be my 3.0 starter when it releases and i do wonder how this build would work with the new updated Hyaon's Fury so i might try that out later

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info