[Guide] Path of Exile, Steam, and account linking

thx again man. i contact ggg to get all my stuff and points on to the steam account. they responded everytime but the problem still exist.
but i belive they fix it and i 'll begin to play this goodie again. when it fixed i promise i'll buy newest supporter pack.
Hah, you don't have to pay for them to help you!

Hope you're not waiting too much longer. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Not entirely sold on the current version, but I just re-wrote the answer to "Can I just link my forum account to my Steam account?" It's more wordy now, but maybe it needs to be.

As always, feedback is appreciated. {◕ ◡ ◕}
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

Hi! Thanks a lot for your guide! Complete Newbie here, and already a question... :)
I have started the game through Steam, and I am currently logged into the Website through Steam also. If I go to "Manage Account", there is no email address associated with my account.
Is it possible to add an email address? For newsletter, notifications, whatever? It asks for a password when trying to change the email address, which of course I don't have since I logged in through Steam...
Thanks a lot in advance!
"
Svealyn wrote:
Is it possible to add an email address? For newsletter, notifications, whatever?

If you send an e-mail to support@grindinggear.com then they'll be able to do that for you. Make sure to tell them your Path of Exile account name (Svealyn), 1-2 character names, and an e-mail address which may or may not be the one you use to contact 'em.

----

"
Sarno wrote:
If you send an e-mail to support@grindinggear.com then they'll be able to do that for you. Make sure to tell them your Path of Exile account name (Svealyn), 1-2 character names, and an e-mail address which may or may not be the one you use to contact 'em.

I will do that! Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
No problem. :)

----

Fiddled with the guide again.

Previously the first question was followed by the second answer, which was related but not directly answering it. I've separated the "what" and the "why" for the sake of clarity. It also allows me to better front-load the most relevant information to those who have overwritten one account link with another, which is probably the most common reason for reading the thread.

As always, I'd love to hear any feedback folks have on the thread. If you've read it and aren't sure about something - let me know! I can answer your question and maybe edit the thread to be more useful. If you didn't understand something then there are probably others who didn't. :)

----

Last edited by Sarno on Jun 24, 2017, 10:22:56 AM
Took another stab at answering "What is account linking?".

I feel like I'm finally happy with it. The answer is short and, well, answers the question. :P

----

"I have to contact support. What should I tell them?"

That was very helpful to me. It will probably resolve my problem when they get around to answering it.

Dumped 3 character names that aren't listed on this page, now I'm just waiting for results.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info