2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

When we initially mentioned the major Area of Effect changes coming in Content Update 2.6.0, some players asked why we were buffing AoE skills??????
Its nerf guys. Maybe 2 skill got buff by this but the other 25 got nerf.
Fuck this change. Sometimes I really get the impression, that they do not test their own changes! They fucking bring it live to patch in the middle under a league!

You heard it first. People will go apeshit about some of this unnecessary nerfs. They will change some skills in the middle under the league, - I am sure!

Otherwise they will see 85% Projectile builds as first chars for farming lol...
"
Rory wrote:

Bonuses to Aura Area of Effect and Curse Area of Effect on unique items have been adjusted. Divine Orbs can be used for the following changes:
- Star of Wraeclast now gives 60% Curse Area, instead of 30% Curse Radius.

Divining of corrupted items confirmed!
IGN Odminko, Orlangoor.
Last edited by Daimonidlo on Feb 27, 2017, 3:59:13 AM
You should rename the EARTHQUAKE, it isn't an earthquake anymore w/ that radius nerf. More like a centaur stomp.
Good Hunting Exile!
"
gvieira wrote:
You completelly forgot fire nova mine :(

no "nova" skills are mentioned. neither are ice nova and shock nova... not even vortex ... ice nova especially is only fun in endgame, when it covers the whole screen. that was the skill I was most interested in .. :(

in any case, these area changes seem a waste of development resources to me
"
tchiseen wrote:
"
The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

I'm having trouble understanding why this is necessary, and why the result is a net nerf to a subset of mostly melee skills.

"to keep the meta fresh", in their own words ^^
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
We all are chasing the ultimate "God mode" and nerfs are always frustrating. However, it is also a great way of discovering something new and testing other builds. I used to be frustrated when my builds got nerfed and you had to put them to rest in a shallow grave after spending way to much ex on them, but hey, I also discovered some amazing builds that I really like playing.

There is always a way to beat this game, so hang in there :-).

A more personal reflection (and this is probably due to be being a shitty player). Life based melee is really hard to keep alive on t15 maps and above, even if you have high dps and good gear. It would be nice if that was looked at to get some more survivability.
If you dont adjust cyclone to these AoE "nerfs" Im not supporting you anymore. I really dont understand why you would nerf a solid melee skill. It was already hard to play with a decent clear speed while investing A TON into AoE nodes not to mention if the map has less AoE effects on the char. Well well at least i could grind my slayer to 99 and now back to 5k oneshot bow builds zZZZzZZzzz.

Y U NO statement to cyclone and its AoE?

/salt
"
coyd wrote:
I dont think these changes were needed.. like at all..

GGG remeber rule no.1 - dont fix what is not broken - u simply create more issues than u fix

I dont play melee atm (I jumped on (v)spark train) but i was b4 and i think melee should get a significant buff to compete with spells and ranged builds. What u did here is the oposite. I dont understand it.

'cept the state of AoE (in most cases, barring things like melee splash) WAS broken.

Meanwhile, melee v/s ranged, life v/s CI and damage double-dipping changes are being kept for a later time i.e. 3.0 (at least I know the latter two are confirmed for a 3.0 shakeup), but that's no reason not to deal with the AoE issue if they feel it's ready.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 27, 2017, 4:14:36 AM
Path of Projectiles!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info