[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hey,

Nice build!

I followed this build roughly to level during the Flashback race and am Level 90 now.

I ultimately pivoted into a CI version of the build (which I knew I wanted to do down the line) and it is going really nice. I optimized my own skill tree for damage, survivability and convenience in the form of stats and mobility, which I will share soon if you want (it is also available to look at on my character profile). Still a few things I would like to work out - for example, removing stat nodes as I get better gear with more stats, whether or not I really need practical application, etc. It utilizes Zealot's Oath to convert Consecrated Ground to regen ES instead of life, and on top of the Inquisitor ascendancy stacks to 12% ES regen while on consecrated ground. With a few life regen nodes, it is easy to survive. I am currently at 8k ES and ~650 ES regen/sec without Consecrated. With Consecrated, this goes up to around ~1,500/sec if I remember correctly. Just recently completed Red Elder as well, so I can confirm this build has enough solo deeps to down bosses.

A few notes about my experience with the build:

1) I think switching to Spark at Level 60 is completely possible with Malachai's Awakening. This thing offers a gigantic damage boost at the cost of not being able to use auras outside of Essence Worm shenanigans, which really is not that important until later on (the only thing I really missed with the satisfying shatter of Herald of Ice, but it's not necessary and if you really want it you can just use it with an Essence Worm). I was actually running a Blood Magic variant of this build for a while until I farmed up my ES stuff for the CI version because of how much damage this thing adds. Using a blood magic variant also eliminates the need for mana / mana regen stuff which makes optimizing damage and survivability much easier during the earlier levels. Best of all, it is pretty easy to pivot into this build style from the initial totem setup you had for leveling with a few modifications. The only issue with this item is that it requires someone to clear the Core map with the prophecy, and that makes it difficult to acquire right at the start of the league.

2) I was never really a fan of BV, so I was happy to see an alternative to this in LT CwC GC. However, I have found that LT CwC GC is nowhere near as good as BV. I was completely unable to do Red Elder with LW CwC GC and did it very easily with BV. This was disappointing to discover, but at least the build still works very well with BV as a boss killer.

3) I fully support the decision to put Spark in a pseudo-5 link glove and BV in the 6 link. This is the correct decision. Spark is already brutal enough with this set up that you don't need a 6th link to clear well, and single-target deeps is extremely important for killing bosses in a timely way. I only say this cause I was excited to go nuts with

4) I am currently trying to find a clean way to get BV to 100% elemental conversion. It is currently at 50% because of phys to lightning support. A possible option is to use a Watcher's Eye with 40% phys to lightning conversion on Wrath and then use Wrath as one of my primary auras (in my build. I don't need a lot of mana unreserved because I don't utilize MoM). The problem is I sort of need all of my current auras (Herald of Ice, Discipline, Arctic Armour), and currently use a Watcher's Eye for ES regen while Discipline is active...so finding the right jewel would be pretty tough. I don't love the idea of using hrimburns but maybe that would be worth the damage boost on BV. I'd have to test it.

5) I have Warlord's Mark on Hit on a ring and it works very well. I might consider testing this on your normal build as a potential option. Finding a WM on hit ring with good stats, however, is tough.

6) Only main issue I have with this build is stun. Stun with CI is awful. I would consider switching to a Valyrium ring but it just feels like a waste of a slot. Stun isn't really the worst thing ever but it is annoying enough to disrupt my enjoyment while clearing. Still trying to figure something out for this. Would hate to replace Choir of the Storm with Chayula just for stun immunity as Choir offers so much.

Overall, solid build and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I may run it back in Incursion as well. Good work!
Last edited by TheRealTuna on May 21, 2018, 11:14:44 AM
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
Hey,

Nice build!

I followed this build roughly to level during the Flashback race and am Level 90 now.

I ultimately pivoted into a CI version of the build (which I knew I wanted to do down the line) and it is going really nice. I optimized my own skill tree for damage, survivability and convenience in the form of stats and mobility, which I will share soon if you want (it is also available to look at on my character profile). Still a few things I would like to work out - for example, removing stat nodes as I get better gear with more stats, whether or not I really need practical application, etc. It utilizes Zealot's Oath to convert Consecrated Ground to regen ES instead of life, and on top of the Inquisitor ascendancy stacks to 12% ES regen while on consecrated ground. With a few life regen nodes, it is easy to survive. I am currently at 8k ES and ~650 ES regen/sec without Consecrated. With Consecrated, this goes up to around ~1,500/sec if I remember correctly. Just recently completed Red Elder as well, so I can confirm this build has enough solo deeps to down bosses.

A few notes about my experience with the build:

1) I think switching to Spark at Level 60 is completely possible with Malachai's Awakening. This thing offers a gigantic damage boost at the cost of not being able to use auras outside of Essence Worm shenanigans, which really is not that important until later on (the only thing I really missed with the satisfying shatter of Herald of Ice, but it's not necessary and if you really want it you can just use it with an Essence Worm). I was actually running a Blood Magic variant of this build for a while until I farmed up my ES stuff for the CI version because of how much damage this thing adds. Using a blood magic variant also eliminates the need for mana / mana regen stuff which makes optimizing damage and survivability much easier during the earlier levels. Best of all, it is pretty easy to pivot into this build style from the initial totem setup you had for leveling with a few modifications. The only issue with this item is that it requires someone to clear the Core map with the prophecy, and that makes it difficult to acquire right at the start of the league.

2) I was never really a fan of BV, so I was happy to see an alternative to this in LT CwC GC. However, I have found that LT CwC GC is nowhere near as good as BV. I was completely unable to do Red Elder with LW CwC GC and did it very easily with BV. This was disappointing to discover, but at least the build still works very well with BV as a boss killer.

3) I fully support the decision to put Spark in a pseudo-5 link glove and BV in the 6 link. This is the correct decision. Spark is already brutal enough with this set up that you don't need a 6th link to clear well, and single-target deeps is extremely important for killing bosses in a timely way. I only say this cause I was excited to go nuts with

4) I am currently trying to find a clean way to get BV to 100% elemental conversion. It is currently at 50% because of phys to lightning support. A possible option is to use a Watcher's Eye with 40% phys to lightning conversion on Wrath and then use Wrath as one of my primary auras (in my build. I don't need a lot of mana unreserved because I don't utilize MoM). The problem is I sort of need all of my current auras (Herald of Ice, Discipline, Arctic Armour), and currently use a Watcher's Eye for ES regen while Discipline is active...so finding the right jewel would be pretty tough. I don't love the idea of using hrimburns but maybe that would be worth the damage boost on BV. I'd have to test it.

5) I have Warlord's Mark on Hit on a ring and it works very well. I might consider testing this on your normal build as a potential option. Finding a WM on hit ring with good stats, however, is tough.

6) Only main issue I have with this build is stun. Stun with CI is awful. I would consider switching to a Valyrium ring but it just feels like a waste of a slot. Stun isn't really the worst thing ever but it is annoying enough to disrupt my enjoyment while clearing. Still trying to figure something out for this. Would hate to replace Choir of the Storm with Chayula just for stun immunity as Choir offers so much.

Overall, solid build and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I may run it back in Incursion as well. Good work!

Thanks for the well written report. Originally the build was ES based but with the nerf to vaal pact it kinda lost its sustain and I decided to go for Pious Path and more regeneration based sustain.

I kinda really miss the clearspeed from Instrument of virtue... I will make a new build version for 3.3 which focusses more on regeneration... I hope to reach to crazy amounts of regeneration in combination with MoM. I plan to support it with an Elder ring with life & mana on hit with spells which should be pretty insane with Spark.

With the upcoming changes to vaal skills I really can't wait to make a little vaal sparker out of this again. I will not invest to much into this but it will be pretty cool to have it once in a while.

Also I want to use the reworked Blade Vortex (max. 10 stacks) for single target which should be a lot better to play.

This is what I got so far in PoB: https://pastebin.com/UsLKxfuA

Unfortunately I cannot look at your profile ... it is set to private... maybe just post a PoB file.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Woops, just made the profile public again. I will likely post a PoB link anyways once I get everything in there properly.

Yes, I felt the whole time that I really wanted instruments of virtue but just couldn't afford to give up the other 4 ascendancy nodes because they were too good. That cast and aspd boost would feel awesome though.

I am also looking forward to the vaal spark changes to see what can be made of it.
Here is the PoB if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/eLGcGhjQ

A few things I'm not 100% happy with yet. Like I said, the +30 stat nodes will eventually go as I get the right gear. I am not positive how important Practical Application is yet but it also offers solid stats so it will probably stay. The other option would to link the left and right sides of the tree down by Foresight near the Scion area which would also leave a close path to Harrier, which is decent. I also am probably going to undo Sniper and the node leading to it as Spark really doesn't need any additional support other than the standard 5-link.

Also good to note that we also get another 2% ES regen from pantheon that gives you regen when you stand still.
Hi Guys

Thinking of using this build as my starter for Incursion - I enjoy the BV playstyle and don't mind levelling with it, and I can't wait to use the new BV.

Any thoughts on this build as a starter? I'll likely start using spark around 65.

TY!
"
steezzuss wrote:
Hi Guys

Thinking of using this build as my starter for Incursion - I enjoy the BV playstyle and don't mind levelling with it, and I can't wait to use the new BV.

Any thoughts on this build as a starter? I'll likely start using spark around 65.

TY!

I started to level a BV / Spark Inquisitor... I would recommend to just take the life / mana regeneration nodes directly at the start because this sustain will pretty much enough for leveling. Then rush to elemental overload. I would use Molten Strike with Ancestral Call until you can use Blade Vortex.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Bash are you going to update this when Incursion starts?

I'm really intrigued to try a Spark build finally.
Ign Gorgomite
I am looking at this build now. I guess i dont understand how to have both the spark and BV setup running at the same time as you do in the 10c budget build. I know I am missing something. Only been playing POE for a month. Do you just swap all gems out before going into the boss area?
What do you think about the recently announced vaal skill rework. Would vaal spark be a good choice here?
"
Samkrow wrote:
I am looking at this build now. I guess i dont understand how to have both the spark and BV setup running at the same time as you do in the 10c budget build. I know I am missing something. Only been playing POE for a month. Do you just swap all gems out before going into the boss area?

No the idea is to use your main single target setup in your 6link chest and get a fake 5/6 link for your spark setup on gloves. What i mean with fake is that the gloves should have something like „socketed gems are supported by... „.

@letteralex: I am not sure tbh because I have not seen the new vaal spark version yet. I definitely will try it out soon :)
Last edited by bashtart on May 25, 2018, 7:52:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info