[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

I have a question about weapon. What would you use?

I currently have Dory equipped, a good rolled one:

8% cast speed
31% global crit
126% total elemental damage

I picked this badboy up - dagger base:

80% spell damage
85% global crit
Adds 5 to 112 lightning damage to spells

i'm around 55% crit chance on spark with no buffs right now using dory. Using the dagger pushes me around 63% but lowers my "overall" dps on spark by less then 100, while increasing dps of my tendrils setup by a few 1000. Would also allow me to switch to whirling. I know I should fire up POB but I don't have access to it for a few days.
I suffered a lot and the last hope was to achieve level 75. I got dressed, went to the first level of the map and DIED. This is one of the worst builds in the game!
В ожидании аукциона.
"
@Essenteal: it is really hard to compare dps numbers of different skills. I think you only really know when you test it ingame.

I agree need test in game , but need gem LT CWC GC .

"
If I understand correctly, you permafroze them with BV right?

Mobs with spark , boss on BV only.

P.S and new LT look very horribly for me only.
In god we trust.
"
coaa wrote:
I have a question about weapon. What would you use?

I currently have Dory equipped, a good rolled one:

8% cast speed
31% global crit
126% total elemental damage

I picked this badboy up - dagger base:

80% spell damage
85% global crit
Adds 5 to 112 lightning damage to spells

i'm around 55% crit chance on spark with no buffs right now using dory. Using the dagger pushes me around 63% but lowers my "overall" dps on spark by less then 100, while increasing dps of my tendrils setup by a few 1000. Would also allow me to switch to whirling. I know I should fire up POB but I don't have access to it for a few days.

Look obviously a real highend rare dagger will outperform doryani‘s damagewise but dc is overall s really good. It gives decent dps, the elementsl Damage also increase herald damage, you get a bit leech which helps your survivability, attack & cast speed let you move and react faster.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 21, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
ok so far lvl 61 with this build. still in the dual totem phase (leveling it as though im starting fresh to test it for next league possibly)

feels a bit squishy but not too bad. im guessing ill be switching to spark soon? i think the OP said around lvl 70. so which gear to buy first? call of the brotherhood > doryani's > inpulsa?

here is my current gear:

ill report back when i make the switch to spark. hopefully sometime today
Last edited by godhand456 on Dec 21, 2017, 11:07:19 AM
"
godhand456 wrote:
ok so far lvl 61 with this build. still in the dual totem phase (leveling it as though im starting fresh to test it for next league possibly)

feels a bit squishy but not too bad. im guessing ill be switching to spark soon? i think the OP said around lvl 70. so which gear to buy first? call of the brotherhood > doryani's > inpulsa?

here is my current gear:

Look in the guide is a section called 10 chaos budget gear... if you have more budget than that then just skip three dragon mask and go directly to cotb. For shield I would recommend chernobog’s pillar instead of the rare shield i posted there.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
"
godhand456 wrote:

here is my current gear:

Look in the guide is a section called 10 chaos budget gear... if you have more budget than that then just skip three dragon mask and go directly to cotb. For shield I would recommend chernobog’s pillar instead of the rare shield i posted there.

thanks

ya i should of mentioned that i do have a bit of currency. im just lvling ssf atm to see how the build feels but i want to transition right into a strong start as soon as i go to spark/BV.

ill do as you mentioned and report back. cant wait to try it out
hey bash again,

currently going for guardians but experience still some oneshots if im not careful enough...
any advice on improving my def? I know replace lightpoacher helmet and get hybrid flask but anything besides that? working currently on my 6l chest but sadly I already wasted 2700 fusing on it jeez!

"
coaa wrote:
So after a night of testing, I can comfortably say if you don't like BV like me, I have found a great single target solution.

Everything stays the same tree wise and 95% gear wise, just no hrimburn , in your chest you are going to use the following setup instead:

Lightning Tendrils > Cast While Channeling > Glacial Cascade > Inc Crit Strikes > Conc > Controlled Destruction

This setup has been absolutely melting bosses in every tier (have only pushed to T13 so far - don't typically go into red maps until 90+). I would say that it kills quicker then BV, you don't have to constantly cast it, and it still synergizes perfectly with the conc Templar nodes we take but offers you a little more range. It is ready always, as soon as you need it. BV, fully elementally converted will most likely do more damage at 15-20 stacks if you can keep them up, but this requires using hrimburn which i'm not a fan of personally, especially because I am using new shaper gloves with faster proj and my spark setup in them.

Another good thing about the setup is in really crappy layout maps that aren't open, I have been just using this instead of spark. It still triggers our OP chest lightsplosions and clears full rooms of packs the second you touch them with tendrils.

Can you try to post a video of this setup? Really curious about it
---
"
coaa wrote:
So after a night of testing, I can comfortably say if you don't like BV like me, I have found a great single target solution.

Everything stays the same tree wise and 95% gear wise, just no hrimburn , in your chest you are going to use the following setup instead:

Lightning Tendrils > Cast While Channeling > Glacial Cascade > Inc Crit Strikes > Conc > Controlled Destruction

This setup has been absolutely melting bosses in every tier (have only pushed to T13 so far - don't typically go into red maps until 90+). I would say that it kills quicker then BV, you don't have to constantly cast it, and it still synergizes perfectly with the conc Templar nodes we take but offers you a little more range. It is ready always, as soon as you need it. BV, fully elementally converted will most likely do more damage at 15-20 stacks if you can keep them up, but this requires using hrimburn which i'm not a fan of personally, especially because I am using new shaper gloves with faster proj and my spark setup in them.

Another good thing about the setup is in really crappy layout maps that aren't open, I have been just using this instead of spark. It still triggers our OP chest lightsplosions and clears full rooms of packs the second you touch them with tendrils.

did someone test it? Should we go this way?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info