Useless rewards

item rewards were terrrrrrrible in the past. now they are only terrible.

the 4link items are nice for SSF or very early in the league but on day 3 or 4 you can buy a 5link armour for scraps so its value goes down.

also once you reach lvl 60 areas the 6s items start to rain from the sky and your jeweller orb supply never dries again

the solution to this: make these items pre-rolled with like all T4 affixes or something and IDENTIFIED so i can pick what i want (like from the vendor) otherwise these items (except for 4Link VERY early on) are 100% useless and i do not even pick them up
IMO in quest they should give you basic build enabling uniques so you could actualy play what you are planing. Its not like it will hurt anybody if they give 1 chaos worth on POE.trade uniques as quest rewards.
At the later quest rewards...what if you weould instead recieve an upgrade item, something tiny but something you can''t get any other way like +5 to weapon damage bandage or something like that.
www.graffiticreator.net
i am confused about the "new" items.

for example i have a old searing touch with better stats than this new legacy stuff.

when i find a legacy item it should be something special to use.

players old uniques get nerfed to this lower rolls?

"
herflik wrote:
IMO in quest they should give you basic build enabling uniques so you could actualy play what you are planing. Its not like it will hurt anybody if they give 1 chaos worth on POE.trade uniques as quest rewards.

Other options that would make good quest rewards:

* Unique jewels, especially threshold jewels

* Essences (because, instead of giving a rare item that will likely be crap, with essences we can make the item we want at least to some degree)

* Currency (not Chaos or Exalted, of course, but Orbs of Fusing and alikes)

* Ascendancy points (so players would have another way to get them instead of having to do the Labyrinth, not to add more points than we already have; this assuming GGG can make a challenging quest)

And so on and so on. Some things should never be given as quest rewards, but bellow those, well, there are far better options than what we have today.

A double life modified ring is not useless... Rng is Rng.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 25, 2017, 2:44:01 PM
"
katmos wrote:
Dear Devs,

I have been playing the game up to max level 83, with multiple characters, and i was very unsatisfied about one thing: useless rewards. For example, after I complete a quest, the reward is a piece of gear that I already have, or dropped from a rare monster, or I crafted. So, there is little motivation in doing the quest, just to get over it.

I suggest that you set passive respec points instead of items. It should not affect the maximum passive points a player can get, or the gameplay as a whole.

If anyone agrees with me, please post your support, maybe the company will make a change.

Well, yeah, except few unique jewels, some utility potions and lvl 60+ rare rings, quest rewards are useless...
It would be nice to receive few currency orbs for completing quests. I dont think that something like 1 Chaos orb for killing Dominus 1-st time will be OP...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 25, 2017, 3:52:28 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
item rewards were terrrrrrrible in the past. now they are only terrible.

the 4link items are nice for SSF or very early in the league but on day 3 or 4 you can buy a 5link armour for scraps so its value goes down.

also once you reach lvl 60 areas the 6s items start to rain from the sky and your jeweller orb supply never dries again

the solution to this: make these items pre-rolled with like all T4 affixes or something and IDENTIFIED so i can pick what i want (like from the vendor) otherwise these items (except for 4Link VERY early on) are 100% useless and i do not even pick them up

i agree. and i think what you propose here is a good idea or what some other guy suggested blue items with useful mods.

i am not a racer but the rewards might be tuned for racing. am i mistaken here?
Last edited by kompaniet on Feb 25, 2017, 6:39:49 PM
Quest rewards are so universally underwhelming that I haven't bothered with any quest that does not provide skill or respec points if I can avoid them.

Regardless of the crap quest I've never seen a single rare worth even as much as a same tier magic item drop. Ever. I identify and vendor them all if I don't just destroy them for the waste of time crossing to the vendor would take.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info