Useless rewards

Dear Devs,

I have been playing the game up to max level 83, with multiple characters, and i was very unsatisfied about one thing: useless rewards. For example, after I complete a quest, the reward is a piece of gear that I already have, or dropped from a rare monster, or I crafted. So, there is little motivation in doing the quest, just to get over it.

I suggest that you set passive respec points instead of items. It should not affect the maximum passive points a player can get, or the gameplay as a whole.

If anyone agrees with me, please post your support, maybe the company will make a change.

Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 10:11:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
katmos wrote:
Dear Devs,

I have been playing the game up to max level 83, with multiple characters, and i was very unsatisfied about one thing: useless rewards. For example, after I complete a quest, the reward is a piece of gear that I already have, or dropped from a rare monster, or I crafted. So, there is little motivation in doing the quest, just to get over it.

I suggest that you set passive respec points instead of items. It should not affect the maximum passive points a player can get, or the gameplay as a whole.

If anyone agrees with me, please post your support, maybe the company will make a change.

The quest reward items aren't there to be some amazing piece, they are there to provide you with the ability to gain something to meet your demands, either a quiver, weapon, armor, what have you depending on the circumstance.

I would say the best rewards are ones that are jewelry, as it allows you to gain whatever res\stats you need at the time.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Actually they are useful when playing selffound.
What might improve the random rares would be if you could choose one or more mods so that it doesn't roll something useless, since they have a fixed itemlevel (as far as I know) it can't be exploited to get T1 gear. Or if GGG is to lazy to create a prompt-window then use the ones everyone always wants: flat base-damage / base-defense.
Never underestimate the value of a 4L that you can actually use...
U MAD?
I usually sell this items, because their stats are not good for my build, and they are not worth chaos orbs to respec. Thus, the only rewards I get are some shards of little value.
Yes, the rare item rewards are horrible. They are supposed to help you while leveling, but a random rare item being an actual upgrade is more than unlikely. Usually it boils down to a bunch of alteration scraps, which is a rather unsatisfying experience. I'd like to see some improvements here.

4 linked blue items with useful stats such as life, resistances or movement speed would help a lot more than the random rare.
I agree on that. they should give good 4-link rares, not just some random, which in most cases is good only for selling

We can all hope that GGG is in the process of overhauling the quest rewards for PoE 3.0.0. Everything else is being reworked for 10 acts so it's a good bet that quest rewards will change to and hopefully not be as shitty. Also the vendors have crap items to sell once we get a few levels in. I understand that killing things to get gear is best but once in a while (more than "once in a blue moon") a vendor should have a better item for sale.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I usually play self-found up to maps and I've generally never found the equipment rewards to be useful. On very rare occasions I've gotten an upgrade but more often then not, I just vendor the item immediately. The only consistently useful equipment reward to me (not counting unique jewels) has been the rare belt you get from killing The Great White Beast in Act II normal, since I rarely have a rare leather belt at that point in the game. But even then I could just skip that quest and use an alch on any old leather belt. It's not particularly helpful.

The ring/amulet rewards could be more useful if the were simply identified. This would increase the chance of the player finding a reward that is actually usable to them.

I think for the other equipment rewards, maybe they could replace the rares with new unique items that are exclusively acquired from these quests, similar to the unique jewels. That would at least ensure that the player is actually given options and not it's not just left to luck.
The idea of unique items is good, but I don't think GGG will implement it. After all, they want players to trade so that they'll purchase premium tabs. Giving unique items away will cut their profits.

Still, a good idea is to reword identified items, or good ones. Usually, their stats just aren't good enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info