[2.6] Wild Strike - Raider / Amazing Clearspeed / Kaoms's Heart 1h + Shield viable! / Guardians down

Hey guys!

This is my take on the Wild Strike Raider.

e/ I made some "major" changes and I'm using Kaom's Heart with Hysteria Gloves now. Works really well. I Highlight the current version in the links below.

Video

Gear
Spoiler

6-Link
Spoiler

Kaom's Heart / Hysteria Gloves
Spoiler

With Lioneyes and STarkonja, I get to 7.7K life. I use this setup for Uber Lab.

In general, you want:
As much Life as possible!
High WED
Some INT would be good

Weapon:
look for High APS and high Elemental Damage.

Armour
I prefer Belly over Carcass, but that is up to you.

Helmet
Helm Enchant: Additional Wild Strike Chains on Rat's(prefered) or Abyssus.

Shield
Lycosidae is decent. You don't have to focus on Accuracy anymore.
The Surrender is good (or better)i guess (never played with it).

Boots
Rare with 30 MS, high Life, high Res. Good slot for Blue Sockets!

Gloves

Rare with High Phys/Elemental Damage, AS, high Life, Res

Belt
High WED
High Life
Res
Maybe Strength

Rings / Amu
High WED
High life
Maybe INT
Res
Lightning Damage / Fire Damage

Opal Rings with Essence of Wrath / Anger (Hysteria Gloves) is an INSANE damage boost. My Opal Ring adds 11k HO Dps.

Choir of the Strom would be a great Amulet too!

Flasks
Spoiler

The new Wise Oak Flask is absolutely INSANE for this build.
I managed to get 137/137/137 res with this character, means i get 10% reduced damage from Fire/Cold/Light PLUS i penetrate 20% cold/fire/light. Amazing new flask for this build!

Life Flask with Incr Recovery Speed or Instant Heal + Freeze/Bleed removal
(I can probably drop 1 Life Flask)
Vessel of Vinktar is BiS and simply insane. It gives you crazy Damage + crazy Leech. OpieOpie.
Diamond Flask gives crazy Damage boost!
Basalt for defensive Maps/Bosses
Atziri's Promise

Bandits
Spoiler
Life / Attack Speed / Frenzy Charge

Jewels

Spoiler
Rare Jewels:
Life
Crit Multi
Attack Speed
You can have up to 4 different Crit Multipliers on your jewel!

Passive Tree

6-Link
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0GIAaiCC4NjQ-rES8RgRUgFr8XJhfcGYoZjhm0Iuoj0yP2JIsknSaVKgsqOCsKLOktgy5TMHwyATY9OrM8vkHQQzFHfkp9TP9Nkk4qVUtVhVb6Whpbr13yX3Bh4mHrYlpirGOnZU1noGyMbydwUnSgdO14-XpTeoR67311ft1_K4NthMWE2YTvhrOHdonTjDaNfY25j2CQCpcGmmqbJpuNm7WdqqXLsXyyGbvjvTa-p8MzwzrEos960K3Tb9N-1FLY1drB3Q3dRuOf62Ptg-4O73r2o_1u_ro=

Kaom's Heart / Hysteria Gloves
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeAO4FLQYgBqIILg2ND6sRLxUgFr8XJhfcGYoZjhm0I9Mj9iSLJJ0mlSoLKjgqTSsKLOktgy5TMHEwfDWSNj031DpCOuE8vj7PPydB0EMxR35KfUrIS3hM_02STeNOKlFHVUtVhVb6Whpbr13yX3Bh4mJaYqxlTWegbIxuqm8ncFJ0oHTtePl6hHrvfXV-3X8rg22ExYTZhrOHdonTjDaNfY25jb-PYJcGmmqbjZu1naqly6ZXtfK74702vea-p8MzwzrEotCt02_TftQj1FLYvdjV2sHdDd2o62PtP-2D7g7vevJF9qP9bv4K_o_-ug==

Gem Setup
Spoiler

6-Link: Wild Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - WED - Added Lightning - Incr Critical Strikes / (Elemental Focus for bosses)

Hysteria Gloves: Wild Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - WED

CWDT - Immortal Call - Incr Duration - X
Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - X
Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assasins Mark (Herald of Ice is also fine. More defensively due to shatter)
Vaal Lightning Trap
Wrath (Anger with Hysteria Gloves!)
Summon Ice Golem
Enduring Cry (barely use it)

Blade Flurry or something else to Swap! (For Atziri for example, see video ^^)

Overall, this Character feels very nice and satisfying for clearing maps. Its fun to play, pretty quick and can clear lots of content.

I killed Core malachai with this build just seconds ago.
I will update with more videos soon!

Until then, I'm open for critic and questions.

Last edited by RDeschain on Jun 22, 2017, 7:14:53 AM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2017, 7:16:54 AM
Small Update:

I crafted a crazy Opal Ring and went for a 6 link armour.

My Damage went up from 54k HO DPS to 84k HO DPS!
That looks pretty fun to me ^^
Since I never tried Pathfinder or Wildstrike I might give this a go. Thanks for sharing !

P.S. You might want to put real links in your text, people are more lazy every day ;p
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
DjParagon wrote:
That looks pretty fun to me ^^
Since I never tried Pathfinder or Wildstrike I might give this a go. Thanks for sharing !

P.S. You might want to put real links in your text, people are more lazy every day ;p

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, it is really fun to play!

I also added:
Exact Damage calculation (look under "Stats")

I can run T14 easily now with a 6 Link and few Gear upgrades.
Will upload more videos tomorrow!
175% life and 4.8k life with a shield and no block, no evasion and only basic acro has me worried about this build. It really looks like a glass cannon. That T12 map with no damage modifiers has you going down to 50% life every time something tickles you.

In Breach I ran an Oro's Jugg Wild Striker following this guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1806321/page/1

And even with max End charges and 6-7k HP I still felt squishy as heck in T15s due to Wildstrike being a namelock skill. Having to be right in the thick of it means you're going to take a lot of damage.

I think a wildstrike pathfinder could definitely work, and will probably be excellent in 2.6, but if you're going 1h with shield I would pick up more block and more life instead of all the damage.

Also, with 100% phys being converted to elemental damage, I think it would be better to head into the marauder side and just focus on scaling phys first, as you have great nodes like Strong Arm and Born to Fight which are so much more efficient than heading up to shadow and grabbing extra ele damage, as the marauder nodes have more efficient life available.

Of course all of this could change with the 2.6 tree changes so we'll have to see what happens with that area. I just can't see playing a 4.8k life based build on a namelock skill.
"
Riale wrote:
175% life and 4.8k life with a shield and no block, no evasion and only basic acro has me worried about this build. It really looks like a glass cannon. That T12 map with no damage modifiers has you going down to 50% life every time something tickles you.

In Breach I ran an Oro's Jugg Wild Striker following this guide:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1806321/page/1

And even with max End charges and 6-7k HP I still felt squishy as heck in T15s due to Wildstrike being a namelock skill. Having to be right in the thick of it means you're going to take a lot of damage.

I think a wildstrike pathfinder could definitely work, and will probably be excellent in 2.6, but if you're going 1h with shield I would pick up more block and more life instead of all the damage.

Also, with 100% phys being converted to elemental damage, I think it would be better to head into the marauder side and just focus on scaling phys first, as you have great nodes like Strong Arm and Born to Fight which are so much more efficient than heading up to shadow and grabbing extra ele damage, as the marauder nodes have more efficient life available.

Of course all of this could change with the 2.6 tree changes so we'll have to see what happens with that area. I just can't see playing a 4.8k life based build on a namelock skill.

Thanks for the reply.
I am currently working on this issue. I'm trying to build the tree more defensively.
The problem is that I dont really know how much, say, 15% block from tree, would increase my survivability.

I will wait for the tree changes and see what i can do.
I even thought about doing this build as a Templar with the full ele conversion. That would bring me closer to the Marauder and also closer to more block.

I might try this version with more block and will keep this thread updated about it!

e/ Do you think your build would work with the new fire staff in 2.6?
Last edited by RDeschain on Feb 25, 2017, 5:06:39 AM
I have changed my Passive tree a bit now!
Went for more block.
My screen block is now 32% instead of 20%.

Also using a Rumis now instead of the Diamond Flask!
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAGOnW68qTRR1kAoXlrXyL8xvJwYgBS1sjDrhTiqjioTFf4BVS6yvdO0j9sedvqdHfggu6Zg3TJ2q3Q094sGCsbP_ECo4cFI_Jxfc034k_SSdBqL_3k3jKgsZjvJF3UYRL1b6fXXtg3rvSsgZtGJadKBI7oazjX2plcSi45831BGB_o9uqv66m7XnVDWSQzFRR563vTYZionTTZLuDti9YqzrYyzphNld8sM6jDbawRUgJpVh4vFtD6sWv_4Kh3btPwBeu-Oaai2Dm40wfGVNj2Aj0zY9JIsrCkCgDPdM_w2Nd9d4rpcGwL8brQDupldKfQ==

final tree update

50% block chance
195% life
at lvl 89

I like it so far, damage is still fine!
Why pathfinder over Raider?

I would have thought raider + avatar of the veil would be OP
Last edited by bradens on Mar 1, 2017, 1:37:28 PM
I'm what you would be considered a reasonably new player but not totally new.

I have also been experimenting with Wildstrike Pathfinder using a dual wield Acrobatics setup and when I saw your post started to steal some ideas from your build to see if it would help mine.

One question for now, I notice you add some Lightning dmg / Lightning nodes , and LiftingNerd also mentioned this in his recent YouTube video discussing 2.6 changes when he spoke about Wildstrike.

Can you explain to me a little the mechanics at play here?

Thanks in advance and thanks for posting your guide,

Seqqura

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info