The game is soo boring.. or expensive - pick your choice

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Who said anything about flipping?

The fact of the matter is that it has ALWAYS been expensive to sustain red maps. It has only gotten easier and easier to sustain reds. It wasn't that long ago that sustaining red maps was pretty hard to do. These days it takes FARRRR less than it used to. It still takes some investment, but less than it used to. You are basically saying "I want all the stuff, but I don't like the price. Give me the stuff, but I'm not gonna pay for it." Nice.

HAHA.. and how was before harder to sustain red maps than now? Prove it.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
In the OP you mention using the IIQ gem like you think IIQ on your character makes a difference with map drops. It does not. There is only one number that affects quanity of map drops and that's the IIQ of the map itself. Pack size is kind of a multiplier to that number. So people who sustain high maps roll high IIQ maps with packsize. Zana mods are used because they either add to that map IIQ number or the map pack size number. Maybe even both...don't run many zana mods to check that. Plus most days a Zana 8 will have at least one T11 map for sale. I've not had trouble sustaining T13 maps. I haven't run many higher other than to unlock them on my atlas. I've just been alc and scouring them.

Tl;dr magic finding doesn't increase map drops
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
The difficulty in POE should be not the amount of currency you throw at map but the challenge in clearing map or boss.

Also for all idiots out there - where did i said about magic find increasing map drops?

Idiots Learn to read - i mentioned IIQ.

"-100% quantity results in 0 map drops. Other IIQ values do not appear to affect map drops."
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3m9elc/100_quantity_results_in_0_map_drops_other_iiq/

IIQ helps get more map drops. Well, it used to help map drops.. Seems its nerfed now anyways..
Last edited by webas on Feb 23, 2017, 6:04:25 PM
Sorry, i thought you seemed to think IIQ on your character affected map drops because you made it sound like that's what you thought:
"
webas wrote:
The only way to play endgame is basically ALWAYS use bloodlines/beyond on 80 or 90+quantity WITH sextants which are expensive. AND i already use IIQ gem. So basically throwing couple exalts a day to play red maps is quite expensive.
Why mention the IIQ gem at all if you are talking about item drops and not map drops?

P.S. Most people think magic find refers to IIQ and IIR. What do you think it refers to? Just IIR? That's only part of the equation.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Sorry, i thought you seemed to think IIQ on your character affected map drops because you made it sound like that's what you thought:
"
webas wrote:
The only way to play endgame is basically ALWAYS use bloodlines/beyond on 80 or 90+quantity WITH sextants which are expensive. AND i already use IIQ gem. So basically throwing couple exalts a day to play red maps is quite expensive.
Why mention the IIQ gem at all if you are talking about item drops and not map drops?

P.S. Most people think magic find refers to IIQ and IIR. What do you think it refers to? Just IIR? That's only part of the equation.

Item drops? No, i just wanna farm t15 maps. okay t14 maps. Care to share if your stash is too heavy with them? I mean if you have no free space in stash i could pick them up. :)
"
webas wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Who said anything about flipping?

The fact of the matter is that it has ALWAYS been expensive to sustain red maps. It has only gotten easier and easier to sustain reds. It wasn't that long ago that sustaining red maps was pretty hard to do. These days it takes FARRRR less than it used to. It still takes some investment, but less than it used to. You are basically saying "I want all the stuff, but I don't like the price. Give me the stuff, but I'm not gonna pay for it." Nice.

HAHA.. and how was before harder to sustain red maps than now? Prove it.

Sextants didn't exist. We didn't have a bonus that increases the drop-tier of maps on drop. The game is faster than ever. Currency falls from the sky like rain in Breaches. Zana mods are cheaper. How can you even argue that it is harder? This thread is an awful lot of QQ'ing and not a lot else.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Feb 24, 2017, 11:45:21 AM
Since atlas was introduced end game become a trade bonanza, without any chance to really get a decent red map pools unless:
- you have no life
- you are a streammer who get tons of maps from suckers looking for a kudos
- you love playing poe trade simulator
- you dont play solo, and relay on the other party members to open new maps so you can get a decent pool yourself

Prior to atlas getting decent maps wasnt hard and non of the content was gated to slow people down
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Feb 24, 2017, 11:54:55 AM
"
webas wrote:
Yawn.. playing yellow maps is so boring. Mobs die insta, ok. But map drops? What map drops?

I have 108map unlocks and there is no way i can sustain red maps.

And dont get me started on red map is not equal to t15 maps. Its gonna be t11 ot 12..

Now lets see all trolls come here spew their fake knowledge that i have to unlock 125maps in atlas as if it would double my map drop rate..

Deleting all red maps and using shaped red map strategy? LOL its even more expensive unless you invest 5exalts at least. Sure it will bring you a lot more maps but at what price? Meh.

Hence boring game. No map drops. Want map drops? But with bloodlines AND sextants, otherwise suck it up with rare yellow t8 or t9 maps that dont give any xp.

The difficulty in POE should be not the amount of currency you throw at map but the challenge in clearing map or boss.

I completely agree with you, endgame shouldnt be so "expensive".
Sadly, GGG's view on red maps is following:
Red maps are experience boosters for players, that want to level up to 100.
True endgame (where loot ACTUALLY DROPS) is Uber Labyrynth. Although you still have to pay a lot for tickets, you get far more worth of loot and enchants. Funny enough, Uber Labyrynth isnt really hard...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 24, 2017, 1:31:03 PM
Working as intended. I fought this currency sink forever but now I just sink like 10c and even more sometimes in each map and swim in them. I can literally chain 14-16 forever as long as I'm selling. Still sucks thats main reason im playing SSF next ladder. Dont have to worry about red maps with shitty SSF gear rite? I hope my drops are really bad so this map issue doesnt come up at least cuz you know you cant sink into maps much SSF.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2017, 4:04:35 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I would just like to say that, as a solo player I managed to unlock every single map except Perandus Manor (that I didnt want to buy because the price is stupid for a single map) on Breach league. I didnt use sextants until after everything was unlocked, and I also didnt add zana mods much. I also didnt care about packsize on maps, I just did my usual alch and go method. No problem getting t16 maps to drop. I also have been able to do this in all previous leagues as well, so I if you want to say that my RNG must be insane, I guess its been insane since 2011 in that case.

Pretty much same case here as well... With the exception of that Putrid map. Have not got one to drop nor was i going to pay 45C for a single map when the rest were either found or bought much cheaper.. That and i have one from essence in standard i think so i can just run it once everything goes over. But yeah i only used sextants to beef up drops on certain maps and try for the challenges. And for fun too. I dont even corrupt anything anymore unless its a T15 for chances at Vaal Temple which ive had 3 or 4 hit this league.

I think thats the big mistake alot of people including myself back in the day used to make. You dont need to invest insane amounts of currency into your maps or only run your maps with 120%+ quant and such. Just alc and only chaos the map if it has mods you cant run or are too much of a pain in the ass for you to run. And even then i like to make multiple builds each league so even when i say hit reflect on a map i have one build that can run Ele Reflect but not phys and vise versa so i dont even have to reroll those i just swap characters. But investing tons of chaos and currency into your maps is on you and totally not nessisary. The most you need to invest is 4 chisels and an alc and then maybe a vaal orb every once in a while or a couple chaos here and there depending on the limits of your build in relation to map mods. Instead of investing all that currency into your maps like that instead just buy the ones your missing to build your completion bonus higher. once you break 115-120% Red maps will never run out and you will have to stop picking up lower maps because you will just fill tab and after tab with them. Im to the point i only pick up maps that can sell for a chisel or more and even then it gets harder and harder to sell maps as the league goes on.

Main thing though is run more maps. The more maps you run the more maps will inevitably drop. I never run anything below T13 unless i want to and T15 i save up till after i hit a lvl and run a shit ton of those and normally end up with a few sets of guardian maps and run those and do a shaper run or two before i go back into leveling mode on T13s and 14s mostly. I dont think i could handle doing the shaped atlas stuff personally since i always like to be running different layouts all the time. But people sustain reds doing that and they dont have near as much completion bonus as people like us who go for full atlas.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 24, 2017, 4:15:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info