The game is soo boring.. or expensive - pick your choice

Yawn.. playing yellow maps is so boring. Mobs die insta, ok. But map drops? What map drops?

I have 108map unlocks and there is no way i can sustain red maps.

The only way to play endgame is basically ALWAYS use bloodlines/beyond on 80 or 90+quantity WITH sextants which are expensive. AND i already use IIQ gem. So basically throwing couple exalts a day to play red maps is quite expensive.

And dont get me started on red map is not equal to t15 maps. Its gonna be t11 ot 12..

Now lets see all trolls come here spew their fake knowledge that i have to unlock 125maps in atlas as if it would double my map drop rate..

Deleting all red maps and using shaped red map strategy? LOL its even more expensive unless you invest 5exalts at least. Sure it will bring you a lot more maps but at what price? Meh.

Hence boring game. No map drops. Want map drops? But with bloodlines AND sextants, otherwise suck it up with rare yellow t8 or t9 maps that dont give any xp.

The difficulty in POE should be not the amount of currency you throw at map but the challenge in clearing map or boss.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Feb 23, 2017, 5:59:42 PM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 10:00:54 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think you may just be having bad Map RNG this league. Believe it or not, a lot of people with 108 are sustaining reds. Sometimes it is the user's fault for always running blue maps...but in this case I'm guessing you are alching your 10's? Vaaling if necessary?

Sometimes you just get the short end of the RNG stick. I've been sustaining reds this league once I got to the 115 mark... but even then it could be anecdotal evidence.

Unfortunately, if there is no entropy or control system placed around map drops we will see cases like this.

I'm am certain there are players out there that have <90 completed that are swimming in reds.
Did you tried to play in party? Find some friends and/or guild members and play with them. This will not only be a little bit more interesting, but also significantly increase your map drop rates, even without sextants. At least it works for me..
I would just like to say that, as a solo player I managed to unlock every single map except Perandus Manor (that I didnt want to buy because the price is stupid for a single map) on Breach league. I didnt use sextants until after everything was unlocked, and I also didnt add zana mods much. I also didnt care about packsize on maps, I just did my usual alch and go method. No problem getting t16 maps to drop. I also have been able to do this in all previous leagues as well, so I if you want to say that my RNG must be insane, I guess its been insane since 2011 in that case.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
The game is fun! Dammit! So fun!
I always alch maps. And I even chaos couple times if i decide i want to skip frozen ground or temp chains. Ussually my maps are 70quality and I always run rare unidentified maps. I just dont sextant them.

And I always use fragment from atziri. That doesnt help. Impossible to sustain red maps.
"
I think you may just be having bad Map RNG this league. Believe it or not, a lot of people with 108 are sustaining reds. Sometimes it is the user's fault for always running blue maps...but in this case I'm guessing you are alching your 10's? Vaaling if necessary?

Sometimes you just get the short end of the RNG stick. I've been sustaining reds this league once I got to the 115 mark... but even then it could be anecdotal evidence.

Unfortunately, if there is no entropy or control system placed around map drops we will see cases like this.

I'm am certain there are players out there that have <90 completed that are swimming in reds.

Really? Well if you would give me 20red maps.. i would at most play 30red maps. Or 40red crazy t11/t12 red maps with zana mods on. Thats how bad my sustain on red maps is. Its garbage.
Impossible to sustain red maps?
Spoiler

That's just the first tab.

Map sustain has never been easier, because there have never been so many options. It is important to remember that mapping is meant to be an endgame currency sink. You have to spend money to make money. The bonus helps, but it isn't the be-all end-all. Chisels, alchs, packsize, quantity, frags, vaals, zana mods, sextants. If you want to sustain tier 16s you have to spend the cash to do so. It isn't fair to complain about sustaining maps if you aren't putting in the investment to do so...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Impossible to sustain red maps?

Which part of me telling that you have to throw a lot of currency to sustain red maps didnt you read?
And im not okay with that!

Max chissel, alch+ chaos once or bloodlines is okay if i can sustain t14 t15. But I cant. Using sextants that cost ridicilous ammount of chaos is absurd. Flippers shouldnt be allowed to discuss about whats possible and whats not possible in poe.
Who said anything about flipping?

The fact of the matter is that it has ALWAYS been expensive to sustain red maps. It has only gotten easier and easier to sustain reds. It wasn't that long ago that sustaining red maps was pretty hard to do. These days it takes FARRRR less than it used to. It still takes some investment, but less than it used to. You are basically saying "I want all the stuff, but I don't like the price. Give me the stuff, but I'm not gonna pay for it." Nice.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info