Viper Strike

"
canjp wrote:
Viper strike needs some jewel make it Aoe.

Melee Splash is honestly a quite underrated support gem nowadays. But it seems it is going to be buffed even further, plus when double dip is removed in 3.0 the penalty won't be doubly harsh.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
canjp wrote:
Viper strike needs some jewel make it Aoe.

Melee Splash is honestly a quite underrated support gem nowadays. But it seems it is going to be buffed even further, plus when double dip is removed in 3.0 the penalty won't be doubly harsh.

Feel great that melee splash will be indirect buffed because of double dip removal in 3.0. lol

Edit: or not. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 27, 2017, 12:09:04 PM
The new jewel is good but I liked the uniqueness of the old version (someone mentioned stacking ias and getting 800% atk dmg, I ran this build it was very fun)

The old version required a certain build style where this new UM version will pretty much be bis for at least one socket.

I think they should make it more build enabling and unique than just bonus dmg. Something like:

With at least 40 dex in radius when you kill an enemy the largest poison stack from viper strike will spread to nearby enemies with 50% of its remaining duration. Spread area is increased by 10% per poison stack that mob had. Limit 1 or 2

This is a good balance between hard hits and fast attacks to optimize. Big hits spread large poison in small area where fast hits spread small poisons in much larger areas. It also means investing in duration could be viable for a vs build keeping large poisons out and going for longer.

If you want to be really unique have a threshold jewel that let's contagion work with viper poisons for similar concept
Last edited by Hellsfire on Feb 27, 2017, 12:02:12 PM
"
Hellsfire wrote:
The new jewel is good but I liked the uniqueness of the old version (someone mentioned stacking ias and getting 800% atk dmg, I ran this build it was very fun)

The old version required a certain build style where this new UM version will pretty much be bis for at least one socket.

I think they should make it more build enabling and unique than just bonus dmg. Something like:

With at least 40 dex in radius when you kill an enemy the largest poison stack from viper strike will spread to nearby enemies with 50% of its remaining duration. Spread area is increased by 10% per poison stack that mob had. Limit 1 or 2

This is a good balance between hard hits and fast attacks to optimize. Big hits spread large poison in small area where fast hits spread small poisons in much larger areas. It also means investing in duration could be viable for a vs build keeping large poisons out and going for longer.

If you want to be really unique have a threshold jewel that let's contagion work with viper poisons for similar concept

Unless I'm mistaken the jewel is just getting an additional mod and being easier to build around, its not getting the uniqueness of the old version removed:

Viper Strike's Threshold Jewel now also grants a 10% chance to gain Unholy Might on hit per poison stack on the enemy, and is limited to 1.

Unless you were using multiple of them....
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Hellsfire wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken the jewel is just getting an additional mod and being easier to build around, its not getting the uniqueness of the old version removed:

Viper Strike's Threshold Jewel now also grants a 10% chance to gain Unholy Might on hit per poison stack on the enemy, and is limited to 1.

Unless you were using multiple of them....

Misread that then, and I was using 4. So my build is dead. Still say it's to "good" in the sense any VS build should run it. It's pretty much required and not very build enabling
"
Hellsfire wrote:

Misread that then, and I was using 4. So my build is dead. Still say it's to "good" in the sense any VS build should run it. It's pretty much required and not very build enabling

Do you have a tree?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info