[2.6] Build help thread! Making builds for everyone! (Temporary Retirement)

Skill: Spectral Throw
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Phys or/and poison
What type of weapon will you want to use? whatever
What level are you planning to level this build to? 80+
Hardcore or Softcore? HC
Ascendancy you wish to use: Pathfinder

I really dont know how to start... help would be mega nice!!

thanks
I'm doing crit dual Dyadus with cleave as an assassin. Any notes on the tree?

I'm basically planning to scale WED, crit and some attack speed to hopefully shatter my way through mid-tier maps so I can farm up currency to do something more bombastic.
Skill: Flicker Strike
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Phys/Crit
What type of weapon will you want to use? 2h sword. (Terminus Est??)
What level are you planning to level this build to? level : 87-90
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore.
Ascendancy you wish to use: Either Assassin,Pathfinder or Slayer. Want to have high movement speed.
Tree Link: N/A
What you need looked at/optimised: I want to have high Movement speed, not gonna use a movement skill(Leap Slam). Build can be a glass cannon.
Life based please.
Post gear (If you want) here: Terminus Est (???)Since it got buffed.

Thank you so much for the help! Appreciate a ton.
Last edited by notoriousjack9 on Mar 2, 2017, 3:42:37 PM
Skill: Wild Strike
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: non crit pure phys
What type of weapon will you want to use? Claw
What level are you planning to level this build to? 90-95
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Witch Elementalist

Tree:
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsjCAB734rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8i9GwLkyd_xsHF7Bgsv76KytO0DOq6DXxXySj6uJMc3OvuhTKPGqEvpwjYJFZIly1JT7yqj_rQ0BXXhq5WY0cG2-e0xRX9ZK9F9Io41gePwUscb1fDOio4N4Om6yymN2Y0Cpitz-nrjpP8glMuCMLsBbWNv1FHMHx_K_1usXzD5o25ft14-d74pHjB1TfU7T9ei93ng73miFb6d9cUdRjbdPGPYG8nmmro1iLq4J8FZiFgwYvbpwlY0_yBQTXvOu1sCPGKNsWLegFv4veESFxrw21faiepkPrfbUyL70sXpBM1AAAAAAA=

Looks great on paper, I have 0 xp with CI, I need some input what the problems with this build could be, or if you think the tree can be optimized.

I don't care too much about dps, I want to die very little or none. (yeah melee CI)
Hello there, I see people asking for build that are already all over the forum or youtube. Seems to me like a waste of your time.

I have a busy schedule and dont have the time to check update and everything like i used too in the past. So i am curious if your able to make

_Shockwave totem build.

I havent decide yet if the best way would be assasin or Inq (elem obviously) ... There is also the option of going Poison. Specially with the new The covenant robe. ( blood magic gem + added chaos lvl15,or somethnig else)

The aoe got a huge buff, which is nice considering everything else that have been nerf.

Weapon would be dagger for whirlblade obviously ..and Crit .

Concern i have with assasin would be life,and going ci as league starter is not a good thing. Inq give us access to life scion wheel and mom zealoth and etc,cause shockwave totem cost like 140mana a pop. ( mostly why i would prob opt for (the covenant) + assasin + poison + ci? or life.

Anyway im really open,those are thought i had while working today. Dont have the time to check this all out. but maybe you can give me some help.

HC BUILDS.
Skill: Fireball + Vaal Fireball

Not sure if Crit or Elemental would be better, I've tested both at low levels 40-50ish and ele feels better to me, however might just not have enough crit because of how low level I was.

What type of weapon will you want to use?
1H + shield to be able to use shield charge. Not sure if wand or what would be viable for the 1h.

What level are you planning to level this build to?
90ish
Hardcore or Softcore?
Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use:
Elementalist
http://poeurl.com/6Vk crit blast rain miner with chin sol, do i have enough crit? going sabatogeur and playing sc till 90. tyty if you have time.
Last edited by Waxified on Mar 3, 2017, 12:33:40 AM
Skill: Scorching Ray CWC Firestorm
Ascendency/Damage type: Crit Inquisitor
HC/SC : Softcore
Level: 80+
Weapons: Dual wield Divinarius
Pref life based since crafting res on ES gear is a headache

Note: Hey yo!! This is my first time trying this out and i really appreciate what youve been doing for us skrubs heh. I've done a SR CWC IceStorm and this may sound like im asking for the exact same tree, but the thing is for my WI i spec-ed into INT stacking as well as cold damage which i do not need. I mainly have 2 concerns about this build, hence i'm posting it here.
firstly, whenever i try to path out my tree for this build, i end up not having enough points for both fire and crit, am i doing it wrong?

scondly, i know theres TONS of fire to chaos conversions of this build, but i wanna try doing one whwre i stack SR, Ele weakness and Flamability to get -75% Res when my Firestorm crits usinng inquisitor's passive. however, i dont know if it works that way, i.e. Crit w Firestorm -> Inquisitor Passive (0 res) -> SR (-24% res) -> Flam (-68% res) -> Ele (-75% res). Ele weakness used due to windup time of -res for SR. does this work, or do i only get the enemy to 0 res with only the inquisitor passive applying?

oh yea, my budget would probably be about 10ex? since its my second char and im not even a good farmer lol

Edit: forgot to say my main problem is coming up w a tree and not knowing if my theory of -75% fire res was correct
Last edited by donavan2590 on Mar 3, 2017, 8:59:59 PM
Sorry for the late replies guys, been busy all day today, ill get back to you all tomorrow xx
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Alright, this might be a bit much, but... I actually need 3 trees (and, well, also a 4th if you REALLY want to do that one aswell, but the other ones are more important). At least nothing too complicated this time.
1st Build

Class: Slayer, Life based
HC/SC: SC, wanna reach 90.
Skill: Cyclone
Damage type: Non-crit, phys
Weapon: A sword. Most likely Hiltless because cheap, huge range and free blood magic; the retch for a lot of additional damage and Carnage heart for extra leech.

Special conditions:
A place to socket the "Warlord's Reach" jewel and I also want the sword notable with +1 to weapon range in marauder area.

2nd Build

Class: Assassin, Life based
HC/SC: SC, wanna reach 90
Skill: Flicker strike
Damage type: Crit, Phys with a bit poison
Weapon: Terminus Est (for the sake of calculations, I'll use one with 8% crit chance), Snakebite gloves for poison, maybe abyssus (or marylene's fallacy if you wanna plan for that instead) for that sweet crit multi.

Special conditions:
I want to hit crit cap. For the assassin ascendencies I'd like to go with deadly infusion and toxic delivery.

3rd Build
Class: Gladiator, Life based
HC/SC: SC, wanna reach 90
Skill: Cleave (yes, seriously.)
Damage type: Non-crit, phys
Weapon: Rigwald weapon set (the sword "Rigwald's Command" and the axe "Rigwald's Savagery"), Bringer of rain for extra damage, block and easier links. Also Snakebite for additional damage in the form of poison.

Special conditions:
Outmatch and Outlast and Versatile combatant are set for ascendencies, the last 2 points can be used in any way you like. Additionally, I'd like to have a minimum of 60% block in the end (command gives 10%, Bringer of rain gives 6% and dual wield gives 15%) if possible. Also, +1 to both frenzy and endurance charges would be nice. Last but not least, I'll need 2 Suitable sockets for the Cleave threshold jewel.

Optional 4th build

The conditions are similar to the other gladiator build, but not the same.
Class: Gladiator, Life based
HC/SC: SC, build planned for 90 would be optimal
Skill: No idea actually. Blade flurry? Caclone? Your decision.
Damage type: Non-crit, phys and chaos, also poison.
Weapon: Innsbury edge, two of them. Snakebite for poison.

Special conditions:
Outmatch and outlast and the block ascendencies. As much dual wield block as possible, if you come anaywhere close to the node, force shaper would be awesome for extra chaos damage. A jewel socket or two would be really good, but aren't required.

Sorry to ask this much of you, but in this league I might finally be able to do these (hopefully) awesome builds.

Previously, different reasons kept me from making them (mostly not enough currency for the retch or the rigwald weapons, but also terminus est lacking both damage and crit chance), but now I actually have a decent chance.

The builds are sorted by priority, so 1 and 2 are more important to me than 3 or 4.

I'm looking forward to one or multiple great trees!

As always, keep up the good work, slayer, you're an amazingly great help!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info