[2.6] Phys/Chaos EK Nova Berserker

"
Miazga wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
How's this coming along? I was planning on running something similar but instead chaos damage and the two unique wands use Pledge of Hands and Kaom's Heart for a free spell echo and just stack a boat-load of strength.

pretty well so far. it was a pain to level up until lvl 62 when i could use dual apep's rage.
I was thinking about pledge myself for a while. With Kaoms, Im guessing you would go fire conversion to benefit the fire damage or not ??

I edited my post with a little more details. I'd run added fire, but other than that just stack a bunch of STR for ironwill and hopefully stay at max endurance charges with jugg buff.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:

I edited my post with a little more details. I'd run added fire, but other than that just stack a bunch of STR for ironwill and hopefully stay at max endurance charges with jugg buff.

looks really cool.
with my own experiance if you take both proj speed nodes (which you did) and use the winds of change gloves you can drop faster proj from your setup. my nova is practically screen wide.

going jugg is going to be really tank especially with kaom's. Added fire with give you a really nice buff to so yeah kaom's will just add to that.

cool idea overall, I like the pathing too :)
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

looks really cool.
with my own experiance if you take both proj speed nodes (which you did) and use the winds of change gloves you can drop faster proj from your setup. my nova is practically screen wide.

going jugg is going to be really tank especially with kaom's. Added fire with give you a really nice buff to so yeah kaom's will just add to that.

cool idea overall, I like the pathing too :)

Ok cool, yeah I probably won't ever get a 6 link PoH anyway lol, but if I ever do I guess i'll use proj speed and use different gloves. Maybe that ones that give a lot of strength to increase my iron will.

This build is for a friend if mine, i'm personally doing Occultist Freezing Pulse, but my pal really wanted to do EK.

Thanks for the input! Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Build was/is really fun, sadly not having a real movement skill really really kills the build, I imagine dagger inq or path is a few times faster by default.
"
Curtsie wrote:
Build was/is really fun, sadly not having a real movement skill really really kills the build, I imagine dagger inq or path is a few times faster by default.

yeah, you are right, not having a movement skill is a pain in the ass. flame dash, although good, being limited to charges drives me crazy at times.

doulbe daggers would work too, maybe go more into poison than flat chaos but you would get the best movement skill out there

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
I'm actually playing one berserker EK leech char, instead of chaos I went iron will route on mana, and it sucks ass until you can take 100% leech with vaal pact, sucks really bad. Chaos could be 2 times better, crit would be nice too, but way too many points to take.

EK is just bad comparing to BV. This nova EK sounds good, an aoe skill need no aoe nodes, but it's not really an aoe, 20 ek projs do not cover the whole pact unless from close range, that slow down the clearing speed quite a lot, and single target is kind of a joke, even with a big big tooltip dps
Last edited by TravisL on Mar 12, 2017, 10:29:47 AM
"
TravisL wrote:
I'm actually playing one berserker EK leech char, instead of chaos I went iron will route on mana, and it sucks ass until you can take 100% leech with vaal pact, sucks really bad. Chaos could be 2 times better, crit would be nice too, but way too many points to take.

EK is just bad comparing to BV. This nova EK sounds good, an aoe skill need no aoe nodes, but it's not really an aoe, 20 ek projs do not cover the whole pact unless from close range, that slow down the clearing speed quite a lot, and single target is kind of a joke, even with a big big tooltip dps

yeah you are right.

Basically the build is kinda meh before hitting the second ascendancy and taking the 100% damage leech.
After playing with the build for a while, I can say that going crit route would be so much stronger. going crit/poison would make it even better (hello shadow-assassin ..... again).

To be honest my nova covers around 2/3rd of my screen which is big enough for me.

Regarding the fights, I usually just flame dash into a middle of the pack to get the most out of my skill, also after a fair bit of testing, I can safely say that 100% pierce is mandatory, especially for larger groups of mobs. Without it its going extra slow.

another thing is damage overall, I dont know if its just me, but im at close to 25k tooltip damage on my 5L EK. Its pretty damn low, and I'm trying to figure out how I can improve it.

Another thing is single target damage. Its sucks, I know, you know it, everyone does :) My solutions is to use a fake 5L to compensate, but its still not the top tier single target damage one needs
Spoiler

I'm more and more keen to take a break from the build, gather up funds and come back, gear myself better and try to take it to the next level.

Maybe im just to casual to put enough hours to make it work

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info