Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

RIP Pyre. Took long enough for GGG to notice you

EDIT: also wow, Ice crash got buffed so it is even better than glacial hammer
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 22, 2017, 6:13:50 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

Can you explain this to me like im 5?

In essence it is basically a massive global nerf to all Iaoe base skills given the same investment right?

This is one of the most crippling nerfs to iaoe spells and iaoe attacks in a ling time.

Supposedly, what it looks like they wanna do is knock off the absolute top end to stop streamers from just mowing down crowds, while bringing up the low end with minimum investment. I'm not sure if it'll be anything close to this though, EQ already had a tiny ass AOE after it's nerf, this looks to make it worse.
Last edited by Attlus on Feb 22, 2017, 6:12:53 PM
This is all great,
but what about the needed changes to Scion Ascendancy?
does anyone play Scion anymore?
or will ascendancy be changed at all in fall of Oriath?
"
Rory wrote:

Area of Effect Changes
All sources of "Increased Radius of Area Skills" have been replaced with an increase to area. This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns. Many old radius increases that have been changed to area increases provide a higher numeric value to compensate for this change. The goal of this change is to make investing in the size of your area skills to be less rewarding the more you invest, so players don't feel like they need to gather every single point of area radius to reach their character's full potential.

RIP Vaal Ice Nova builds i guess?
Not too fond of the area of effect changes but everything else seems reasonable. I was hoping for some more overall nerfs to ES and possibly VP. Also, some changes to end game monster damage.

I feel like the changes to area of effect made it more difficult to determine the benefits of investment which further complicates things for new players
Last edited by Crebstar on Feb 22, 2017, 6:18:58 PM
"
hiveswithtea wrote:
This is all great,
but what about the needed changes to Scion Ascendancy?
does anyone play Scion anymore?
or will ascendancy be changed at all in fall of Oriath?

Scion's ascendancy nodes really need to be revised.
There are so poor choices to make and I tried to therycraft around her for some builds and it's not worth it for anything!
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
"
Disrupted wrote:
RIP Pyre. Took long enough for GGG to notice you

Sadly, it looks like it will be a retroactive nerf, so no legacy. :(

Might need to use AoF + Cold to Fire and dump pyre for a good INT ring or one of them + prye and see where this goes with SR Whispering Ice.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
chij72 wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Area of Effect Changes

RIP Vaal Ice Nova builds i guess?

RIP every area spell and every melee aoe skill in the game.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Blade Flurry RIP .... ?
Need more love for non-crit spell builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info