Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

Well sure, okay.

But there had better be a free passive respec then with all these changes. Because that is a LOT.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Kroughfire wrote:
but I think that nerfing the strong builds is the way to go.

The buff to one handed is very much needed, and a wonderful thing to hear is being implemented this patch.

They're not the just the "strong" builds dude they're the only VIABLE builds currently. Like that one guy said no one is killing Shaper with Ice Crash. With less "strong" builds to start the league I'm guessing we now have to pick specific builds or just get screwed. Only until the new meta reforms can people start rebuilding what was taken down.

Also if one-handed weapons can potentially hit as hard as two-handed weapons now in 2.6, what's the point of using a two-handed weapon then?

Methinks you need to re-examine what you mean by "viable". Cos I haven't played any of these nerfed skills in Breach. And I count my builds as viable. And I know loads of other builds in the same category. It might help your sense of perspective if you extended...well, it's a bit much to expect a whole foot, but even just a toe, maybe?...outside the meta. I mean, Pohx is handling endgame content with Blight, of all things. And that's not even considering that players have widely different goals with their builds.

P.S.: Oh look! A wild 2.5 Ice Crash build appeared! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037

Oh look! Another wild 2.5 Ice Crash build appeared! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868996

Is this my lucky day?! (Spoiler Alert: It's not.)
Oh look! There is no proof that these builds can be used to defeat Uber Atziri deathless, let alone The Shaper. And guess what, my man? That makes these builds unviable, since there is a lot of ingame content these characters can not do. Also, you need to kill Uber Atziri 10 times for the challenge. Good luck with that on these builds.
Also, 6-link Hege's is ~6ex. For an unviable build.

As for the build goals, if your goal is not to grind T11 maps with painful clear speed, you've got to do better.
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Feb 22, 2017, 11:57:59 PM
Yet more proof GGG don't know how to balance a damn thing. Just toss a random amount of nerfs all over the place and hope it sticks.. vaal discipline ? What next? Movement speed ? Why dont you nerf the menu screen while you're at it? Won't nerf the mtx shop though..
Summary of comments:
1st 5 pages: first!, Hypu, Choo Choo, nice, My **** left me, etc.
Pages 5 - 15: "You broke MY build" - said by slew of players who learn game from Twitch/Youtube and blindly follow FOTM - no real ownership, just a shit-ton of entitlement.
Pages 16 - 22: lashback from non-FOTM players "hahahaha BF finally fixed"
Pages 22 - 26: What about ***insert non-essential issue***? Fix life. Fix trade. Fix mtx stash. Fix this, don't fix that.
Pages 26+: dumbass questions by people who didn't read the first 26 pages and didn't realize that the answers were already given...

You know why this community can't have nice things?
Because it doesn't deserve it.
Last edited by MBata on Feb 23, 2017, 12:07:11 AM
"
Dussa wrote:
Yet more proof GGG don't know how to balance a damn thing. Just toss a random amount of nerfs all over the place and hope it sticks.. vaal discipline ? What next? Movement speed ? Why dont you nerf the menu screen while you're at it? Won't nerf the mtx shop though..

They nerfed all of your supporter titles...
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
People tend to complain more readily - and more extensively - than praise (in games, as in real life too).
Well yeah, no one says "Thank you for nerfing me" and "Good, I was jealous of ES" here on the forums. Why would they? That's like being fired from your job and saying "Thank you for making me homeless" and "Good, I was jealous of those starving folks"

Thank you being deliberately dense. My point was that people take good things for granted. They weren't meant to praise things they don't like, but to praise things they do (which, for the most part, people don't).

You're very welcome, glad I could help! Problem with that is that there is nothing good in this manifesto once you go through all of it. It's easy to take the "good things" for granted when none of it really affects you. Let me break it down for you, in my own eyes.

-Physical to cold for rangers
"Assists 1-2 builds, whatever"
-Elemental ranger
"Buff ranger nerf the rest, thanks GGG"
-Thick skin
"still would rather CI"
-Claw,Staff,Sword
"Melee still sucks"
-Vitality/Spirit void
"Depending on the changes, this is a nerf"
-Sword crit cluster
"Buff ranger, nerf duelist"
"Life still sucks, rather CI"
-Leech for shadow
"Only semi-decent thing here, buffs ES Ghost Reaver (not good)"
-Lightning Cluster
"Who actually needs this? really?"
-Master of Force
"A must-have cluster now for phys builds"
-Ash,Frost and Storm
"A must-have cluster now for ele builds"
-Pathing, positioning etc
"As vague as my opinion, whatever"
-Coversions
"More nerfs, more buffs to shit skills"
-Item rebalance
"You can't multiply it's value if it's worth nothing" *insert meme here*
-One-handed damage
"It sucked before, prolly still sucks now"
-Daggers
"more nerfs, thanks GGG"
-Claw shit
"blah blah blah"
-More claw shit
"More blah blah blah"
-Thrusting swords
"What's a thrusting sword?"
-Maces
"What is stun threshold?"
-Staves
"Really only other decent thing here"
-Accuracy
"Now melee builds can die swinging AND hitting!"
-Area of effect
"Just throw my characters in the trash GGG, is that what you want!? Sickos!"
-Ice crash/Sunder
"What is Ice crash? What is sunder?"
-Vaal Haste/Discipline
"Never used any of them, didn't look interesting to me"
-Threshold Jewels
"Yeah yeah whatever sure"

There you go! MY view and opinion of most of the manifesto. Take it with a grain of salt - it seems to be what the hip kids do these days.
EDIT: You know you're as pathetic as your jokes when you read through and laugh at your own sad ingenuity/creativity. RIP

Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Feb 23, 2017, 12:21:02 AM
"

New weapon elemental cluster in Ranger? This is in addition to Forces of Nature then? Sure, that works.

Inb4 it happens to be Forces of Nature since they forgot to mention where they moved it when Bex showed the pic teaser yesterday.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

R.I.P. Vaal Discipline
Sounds amazing. Seems like you guys are going in the right direction with these changes.
"
This means that rather than the area of the skill increasing geometrically as the player invests in the modifier to area scale, the radius gained per point of the stat will be lower and lower as heavy investment occurs, similar to diminishing returns.

RIP storm call, it was fun while it lasted.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info