Beginner's Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone [2.6 Legacy League ] Retrired

I wont be playing this build, im sorry for everyone that wanted to follow this as a league starter but its not good enough for it in my opinion that i would want to play it myself, or wanting others following my build, maybe one day i will make a build good enough, sadly not this time

AoE Changes
Spoiler
So with 2.6 this build will recieve overall aoe nerfs, and wont be able to run conc effect and clear maps comfortably with it, thats over 50% more double dipping damge we cant get anymore without crippling our aoe to not be viable anymore, cyclone radius got nerfed too(base gem stays the same, less aoe from quality and aoe from the tree) so its even more annyoing to hit something if it stands near a wall,

thx ggg for finally removing melee from the game, there is no reason to play melee over a projectile skill anymore, you dont have more damge, your not tankier, your clearspeed is worse, melee is a giant noobtrap, and if you want to have "fun" choose one of the skills ggg allowed you to do this with

I recommend you to play one of the 3 viable skills which are: Tornado Shot, Spectral Throw and Vaal Spark

Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone is a great build for new leagues and new players without much currency, all you need for this build to work is a 6s Ngamahu's Flame Abyssal Axe and a 4 link somewhere else on your gear.

How this Build works
Spoiler
if you hit an enemy with any melee skill, socketed anywhere in your gear, it procs Molten burst, which works like the molten strike flameballs, it gets supported by support gems socketed into the weapon, just like whispering ice, you only need a 6s socket axe for maximum molten burst damage,

This is core of the build, its enough damage when procced through a fast hitting skill, like cyclone, to kill T 15 map bosses comfortably

leveling
Spoiler
Until level 55 when you can finally use Ngamahu's Flame you can level comfortably using a 4l Earthquake linked with Melee physical damge, Less Duration, and added fire, before you get acces to earthquake use whatever aoe melee skill fits your liking

when you hit level 55 and start using your Ngamahu's Flame make sure you grabbed Avatar of fire for 100% of physical conversion to fire and Iron Grip + Point Blank for increased projectile Damage your skill tree should look like this

Passive Tree @ lvl 80

Passive Tree @ lvl 100, with Xoph`s Blood and Taming+Emberwake (gl)

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak / Kraityn / Oak

Ascendancy Points
Spoiler
Ngamahu, Flame's Advance / Hinekora, Death's Fury / Tawoha, Forest's Strength / Ramako, Sun's Light

Gear
Spoiler

is the only Required items

other items can be bis but arent required

great helmet for cyclone, attackspeed,movementspeed, high armour and evasion, chaos resitance and dexterity for our gem requirements if you can't get one use a rare helmet with life and resistances, and a bit of dexterity if possible
aim for cyclone attackspeed as your labyrinth enchantment

decent belt, fire damage,strength, some resitances, leech and ignite chance during flask efect if you can't get one or want more life, use a rare belt with life, weapon elemental damge and resitances

bis armor fire damage and 500 life, nothing can beat that, if you can't get on use a belly of the beast which give solid life and is cheaper, or a rare chest with life armour and resitances

Emberwak can stack ignite on enemies just like poison, you will be doing many small ignites instead of one big, the 80% less burning damage gets counter after you stacked 5+ ignites on an enemy, which is basically all the time with this build,
because this is a resolute techique build so the no critical multiplier is not a downside at all

The Taming increases your damge per ignite on an enemy,

together they give an insane amount of double dipping damage, increasing your initial hit and the burning damge over time, not required at all and the taming is very expensive (with the legacy league coming up it might be the best time to get one since nemesis)

Maximum life, Increased strength, fire penetration, covered in ash debuf for enemies, avatar of fire save 4 skillpoints, defently best in slot again, a bit pricy but totally worth it

For Gloves you can craft some yourself using an essence of Insanity for 16% more cyclone attackspeed to proc molten burst more often,
choose one of the following enchantments, ranked on my personal opinion:
of War
of Light
of Spite
of Fury
of Force
of Reflection

For Boots get 30% movement speed
choose one of the following enchantments, ranked on my personal opinion:
Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently;
16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently;
0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently;
Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

For rest of your gear, in general, look for the following stats: maximum life, Strength, Armour, Fire Damage, Elemental Damage with weapons, flat physical damage, attack speed and resistances

Gear used in Standard for Testing with level 76, could kill T15 Kaom, with elequilibrium and 3 fps(thx to burning ground) comfortably
Spoiler

My current gear in Legacy League
Spoiler
coming soon

Gems
Spoiler
6s Ngamahu's Flame with
Physical Projectile Attack damge, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Weapon Elemental Damage, Added Fire Damge, Fire penetration, Concentrated Effect

4l Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Melee Physical Damage

2l Blasphemy + Flammability; Herald of Ashe; Enduring Cry

3l Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Vaal Cyclone; Blood Rage
[For tough bosses replace Vaal Cyclone and Blood Rage for Vaal Lightning Trap + Increased Duration]

Feel free to ask any questions!
Last edited by SteamHämmer on Mar 2, 2017, 9:17:35 AM
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2017, 10:45:54 PM
Do you think it's going to be easy getting a Ngamahu's early in the league? Is it a Breach specific unique?
"
Regards wrote:
Do you think it's going to be easy getting a Ngamahu's early in the league? Is it a Breach specific unique?

It's not league specific, 5c atm in breach, i guess it will be more pricy during the first days, like any "starter" unique, like binos as an example. If mathil dosen't make a build using it, Ngamahu's Flame should be affordable from the currency your finding while leveling
I would love to play this again in the new league. I played the raider version in breach and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it!

Why do you think the chieftain route is better? Just because of all the extra fire damage? The utility of the raider is pretty hard to beat.

Thoughts on the two?
Played similar build this league, and it was awesome.
Difference is I was using

With perma Fortify on Cyclon you also get perma Onslaught.

But there is a huge drawback: now I don know what build to play next league because can figure build even close to this one and I don't want to play the same build for two leagues. :(
"
vazza wrote:
Why do you think the chieftain route is better? Just because of all the extra fire damage? The utility of the raider is pretty hard to beat.

I don't think its better, its just diffrent, getting comparable damage (and movement speed) to 8 boosted frenzy charges is achievable through taming+emberwakecharges, and it will be more tanky early on without needing high damage and vaal pact
"
Mr_Schnapps wrote:
Played similar build this league, and it was awesome.
Difference is I was using [Perseverance, vanguard Belt](dont know how to qute items)

With perma Fortify on Cyclon you also get perma Onslaught.

Thats a good belt to use i just didnt think of its existance, but you would still need to link fortify vs bosses because most of them wont get stunned, and this build doesnt get lots of evasion either, for mapping it basically saves one gemslot and gives perma onslaught

id rather make a build around the belt, not trying to fit it into something else, to get the maximum power out of it
Last edited by SteamHämmer on Feb 22, 2017, 8:03:22 AM
You think it's easy to fight and farm on a map t15 ??
"
SteamHämmer wrote:
"
Regards wrote:
Is it a Breach specific unique?

It's not league specific

That's not how I interpreted that question...

Some unique items only drop from monsters found in Breachlord Domains - regardless of whether you were in the Domain itself, or simply encountered those monsters in an ordinary Breach. The wiki has a sort of decent article though it is missing some information.

The items you can use a Blessing on are Breach-specific. The only exception to this that I'm aware of is Eye of Chayula, the sort of awkward "Breach item" added in patch 0.9.5. To answer Regards' question, no - I'm fairly certain Ngamahu's Flame is not a Breach-specific unique.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
ILorde wrote:
You think it's easy to fight and farm on a map t15 ??

when your character is ready for it yes, i did T 15 with the gear you can see, most expensive was Kaom's heart, but a belly of the beast and a few more levels, for more life, around level 80 ßish would have been enough too, no op flasks like lions roar, Dying Sun was used too, just standard life, granite and movement flasks
Last edited by SteamHämmer on Feb 23, 2017, 9:06:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info