Phoenix guardian discharge dmg

"
Zed_ wrote:
Interesting, because 13000 fire damage is facetankable by basically any build. I've seen him oneshot 10k+ ES.

Yes, he also has a native 140% damage multiplier and 50% fire res penetration. So, a 12k roll would hit for 17k and you'd resist a quarter of that, leaving 12,6k to take. Not accounting for map mods, of course.

Pushing max res up won't do much, I'm afraid, just don't get hit by the damn thing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 21, 2017, 2:55:24 PM
Well I tried the map I linked, if it wasn't for the adds, it could have been done, had to give up around 30% of his life, the handcursing was also clunkier, than I thought it will be.

Otherwise the spin he does did more dmg than the explosions.
(Guess it also deals fire dmg)

BUT at least I know I won't be playing life based melee next league.
Last edited by krenderke on Feb 21, 2017, 3:11:46 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
Interesting, because 13000 fire damage is facetankable by basically any build. I've seen him oneshot 10k+ ES.

Yes, he also has a native 140% damage multiplier and 50% fire res penetration. So, a 12k roll would hit for 17k and you'd resist a quarter of that, leaving 12,6k to take. Not accounting for map mods, of course.

Pushing max res up won't do much, I'm afraid, just don't get hit by the damn thing.

It is possible to consistently tank it with 50% over capped fire (exactly how much a ruby flask gives) and 82 fire resist and 10,000 life or ES buffer.

Where it gets scary is when the map is -9 max resist and he is at low health.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
31k still doesn't kill 10k ES. He doesn't have any fire penetration, he has resistance reduction which is irrelevant if you're overcapped. But the idiots that I saw die to him might not have had that.

"
Zed_ wrote:
31k still doesn't kill 10k ES. He doesn't have any fire penetration, he has resistance reduction which is irrelevant if you're overcapped. But the idiots that I saw die to him might not have had that.

Dunno how would that work out, resistance reduction is normally a defender side debuff, I can't see it doing anything on attacker side unless they pulled off some damage formula acrobatics. Maybe it's some kind of error, besides, it would be fairly easy to counter.

"
krenderke wrote:
I was thinking of making some life build, that can facetank his discharged even when he is on 10% life (-9maxres), and if the map has -6% maxres by default.

May I ask why? Just place a flame totem (or another totem) with culling strike and kill the fucker at 10%. You can even add iir and iiq gems if you have enough free gem slots. In my opinion this is the best way to deal with high hp bosses and get a little mf too.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 21, 2017, 5:20:08 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:
I was thinking of making some life build, that can facetank his discharged even when he is on 10% life (-9maxres), and if the map has -6% maxres by default.

May I ask why? Just place a flame totem (or another totem) with culling strike and kill the fucker at 10%. You can even add iir and iiq gems if you have enough free gem slots. In my opinion this is the best way to deal with high hp bosses and get a little mf too.

Actually that's not a bad idea (completely forgot about it lul), maybe I'll try it next time I try, but as for now I want to play a bit on my lowlife ED shadow.
"
raics wrote:
Dunno how would that work out, resistance reduction is normally a defender side debuff, I can't see it doing anything on attacker side unless they pulled off some damage formula acrobatics. Maybe it's some kind of error, besides, it would be fairly easy to counter.

Yes, it also has a debuff icon (red wheel) which is applied at the start of his channel around him. The reduction also displays on the character tab. That part is in fact fairly easy to counter.

Edit: clip of oneshot from 15k ES, with 0 -max stacks, debuff icons are visible both above targets and on the buff bar. He probably wasn't overcapped enough though since he intended to rely on Gluttony.
Edit2: 4 stacks by the end of the channel. Also Ele Weakness, rekt.

Last edited by Zed_ on Feb 21, 2017, 5:42:36 PM
"
Zed_ wrote:
Yes, it also has a debuff icon (red wheel) which is applied at the start of his channel around him. The reduction also displays on the character tab. That part is in fact fairly easy to counter.

Ah, it has two effects, that explains everything then.

Heh, maybe that's the answer to making selfcast discharge attractive, if it required a short channel time it could use it to apply res reduction, and it wouldn't be triggerable. Something like a very fast flameblast.

Last edited by raics on Feb 21, 2017, 5:42:36 PM
I was looking up videos on how people beat him, majority all of them have 6/7k hp or 10+k es, usually running blade vortex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info