Bison's SSF Adventure - Delve edition

I decided that I want to play Delve, even with as little time as I have right now. So I won't race anywhere soon. And thats the perfect time to run again as a SSF Warrior. Or more a Saboteur tho.

Delve SSF SC BTW Char - Herald of Agony Max Block Gladiator

Level 90

I finally reched lvl 90 yesterday.

Current gear:

I lost count how many chance orbs I used to get Anvil or Belly. Somewhat rount 1000 maybe? idk.

I farmed delve at monsterlevel 68 to farm chancing bases and chance orbs. I burnt 10k sulfite there. no luck yet.

Btw at that deth, a one section travel costs about 32 sulfite. so 10k are enough for a good far travel tho.

Skill Tree

I'm not really stuck, I can do T12 maps with ease only super rippy maps are dangerous.

Super rippy means 3x dmg added as element, inc crit, chance to avoid poison (the most hated one) and the most dangerour, reduced block chance.

I know I need a new shield and other equipment needs also an upgrade. Right now I'm trying to get the right Lab Enchantment and thanks to the Enchanted Fossils, thats not that of a hassle anymore.

I'll keep you updated.

Delve SSF SC Char - Vaal EQ / Vaal Warchief

Delve SSF SC Char - Explosive Trap Saboteur

Pre 3.4 thoughts

I'll update this topic in the next days what my plans are, and my planned build. I already set myself a goal, what I want to try to achieve. Shaper. I never did that encounter before (by myself).

Update 08/22/2018
Explosive Trap build
https://pastebin.com/VABBCtLR
First iteration of my skilltree. Based on a Mathil Build. So yeah... I need more life. I am not even close to be as good as mathil. I'll tinker around with what I got and I will test out other support gems aswell.

In my theory crafts I exclude any items. I plan to play SSF, so idk what I can get and what not. ofc a 6L Tinkerskin... would be nice.

Just let me dream ok? But we can actively farm a Tabula for the beginning. Thats not that hard to do. And it shouldn't take forever.
If I have a bit time left I'll try to set up a new tree with more life.

Update 08/24/2018

I've put some thoughts into the tree. I don't see a real chance to put anything different. With Acro and Phase Acro, some evasion & Blind it should be ok to survive most encounters. This builds up another question. What Items I want to use? What can I use in terms of SSF.

ET has the "spell" tag, that means in theory we could use a rare shaper chest... +1 Active Skill gems... and Spells have +#% to Critical Strike Chance... that would be juicy. But, how low is the chance to get this in SSF and to 6 link that? So yeah. I also need to consider the skills itself might get a nerf with the next patch. And idk what in the tree will be changed besides Guardian.

So much choices. And for now my own hype is building up, thats a good sign tho.

Old 2.6 content

Old looks

Hello Exiles,
I will post here my progress and build in the Legacy League.

Initially I planned to build a derivation of mas' Block Build found here. In the last Minute I changed my mind, and started a Warchief Berserker and later on a EQ Slayer. We'll see what I come up with next. lol.

State of the Builds:

Warchief: Out of order at the moment. Need to find the missing gear pieces. (Facebreaker / Abby / belly)
EQ Slayer: Leveling process.

Other Duellist Builds can be found here

Goals for the SSF Adventure (Unlikely :D)

Spoiler

- Reach level 90
- Kill Uber Izaro
- Clear T15+ Maps
- Get a Legacy BoR :D
- Get a Legacy Soul Taker >:D
- Get a Legacy Aegis Aurora
- Get a non corrupted 6L
- Get a Head Hunter
- Get a Legacy Voidheart

Gear Section

Actual gear & tree in Legacy League (might check the last posts in this thread)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Oct 4, 2018, 1:10:05 AM
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2018, 1:15:22 AM
I've always enjoyed walkthroughs from D2 LoD on another forums. Detailed ones with frequent picture updates were always a pleasure to check out, so I'm looking forward to this one.

The main suggestion being to make sure that you play on Hardcore :).
My HC Race & PVP Rewards collection at /3140751. Please help me locate the few missing ones!
I agree on the walkthrough's. But I'm not a HC player, I never was. :D

I don't know if I will post screenshots. Probably not. But recording Videos isn't a problem.
I know this makes no sense. D:

At least I will update my journey with my gear and skilltree. And I'm really curious how this will work out. I know I will need much mor patience with this playstyle.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I tested yesterday a bit with Lacerate around. even with a gem missing (Multistrike) it feels ok-ish to me.

But I'm out of chromes actually to test that further. (BoR needs a rechrome)

actual in use is

I think, once I get MS with it, it'll be a solid option tho. Despite Cleave has its nice MTX.

Actual used gear in Standard (I think possible to also get with SSF)

I'm not 100% sure if I found every piece of this set, but most of it. I think its likely to get a gear like that with SSF, may take some time.

78/78 Block & 5.3k life with this setup.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Feb 23, 2017, 6:47:18 AM

I switched from Lacerate to Sunder, oh boy. Forget about Lacerate, Sunder kicks a lot harder.
Lets see how this will be changed with the 2.6 Update.

actual skill tree

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Just commenting to keep tabs.

New player, so very interested in how this turns out.
GL with your adventure in SSF, one small suggestion:
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

Actual used gear in Standard (I think possible to also get with SSF)

I'm not 100% sure if I found every piece of this set, but most of it. I think its likely to get a gear like that with SSF, may take some time.

78/78 Block & 5.3k life with this setup.
how much time are you talking? It could likely take A LOT ( iirc Varunastra, BoR and Taker are all T1 drops). Try to make your build functional without those uniques, or you'll likely run into trouble...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
BoR is farmable in Cruel Act 4 on the way to daresso via div cards. So thats not a problem. Only time consuming.

About Taker, thats the goal for maps t8+. You can also beeing lucky with a div card.
A decent axe will do its job well. And Varunastra was just for testing. Albeit in Legacy its obtainable due to brodiro or via drop.

And don't even worry, I know that my shown gear is endgame(ish) gear.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
It's definitely doable, Bringer of Rain from cards that drop in daresso act 4 areas, Pit map or Arena map. Soul Taker from cards that drop in Burial Chambers map or Cemetery map (The Soul). Varunastra needs the most RNG to get I think, it has a low drop rate from any perandus chest so either use a ton of perandus leaguestones or zana's perandus mod (probably want to do chaos recipe to pay for this, or farm div cards that give chaos, like Rain of Chaos in Castle Ruins maps)
The Anvil should be easy, there's a prophecy to kill Hillock that drops it.
Last edited by Cyse on Feb 28, 2017, 12:54:34 PM
Planned Tree

Here

Its not a special one, just plain what I need and want. This tree should do its job.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info