-Recast cast time of 0.5seconds (0.42 for me) which is very helpful
-No more reservation

-> Thus overall it is a nicer spell/buff now, albeit not what I expected
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Positive:
In solo play: Clearly visible when the buff runs out, even in combat or fast play

Negative:
In party play: Due to the many effects in 3-6 player parties it is not clearly visible when the buff ran out particularly when you play faster.
Also see my party visual feedback thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301304
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
I like the changes to the revised Tempest Shield in 2.0, very cool to see it refresh on block something like an inverse of molten shell. The additions of the chain effect is very thematic and I like it very much. It would be nice if the chaining effect were to scale up to a second or 3rd chain by the time you got to level 20 on the gem, like Arc or Wild Strike does.

What I would like to propose is a change to Tempest Shield overall. I see Molten Shell, Arctic Armor and Tempest Shield as the elemental buffs available to our characters. Just about any build can run Molten Shell or Arctic Armor however Tempest Shield is restrictive in the sense that it requires a shield to take advantage of it. I would like to see Tempest Shield's buff get expanded to include the other block types: Staff Block and Dual Wield block, which are fun builds to play but have a somewhat limited support system.

Last edited by Fear_Itself on Jul 21, 2015, 12:40:26 PM
I totaly agree. Chains should go up while leveling the skill (up to 4 chains at level 21, only 3 chains on level 20 so that the corruption is worth it)
Maybe lower the damage of the skill while adding more chains if necessary despite the damage is already very low high in high level maps.

12sec duration seems fine - so you actually have to activate it from time to time to keep it up; for all those people that think this is tedious - get a increased duration and you are fine (for giving up 1 link which is totaly fair)
In a better place now.

but the constantly having to refresh is tedious, especially with the anemic 3% block.
Refresh on block or kill would be nice.

And maybe 3% block/spellblock, or 3% block and scaling flat ES?
TS seems to be still way behind Molten shell and Arctic armor.
I agree with Casia, I dont understand why do we have to manually refresh Tempest Shield ? It's very tedious and greatly decreases the effectiveness of this skill.

Please GGG can you patch TS so that it will proc whenever you block, provided the player activates it very much like an aura or a herald (with the icon flashing or something like that).

Two points I want to make.

1. When active, this skill is too similar with Herald of Thunder, so hard to tell when it expires. Perhaps can have something on top of character's head to indicate.

2. Cast time is great, but without a cooldown, this skill easily double casts with one click. And there are absolutely no benefit of casting this skill twice in a row. So would be great if you can implement a short cooldown like summoning golems, thanks.
it would be great if you implement cooldown for 'damage dealt' as well. Just like cast on crit or cwdt, even if 50 hits were blocked in last 10-250ms the skill should deal damage only once.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Why is it that Tempest Shield, when linked to Increased Duration, only increases the initial timer, but the refreshed timer stays the same?

Is this a bug?
Maybe someone already mentioned this, but perhaps Tempest Shield could boost the damage of Shield Charge?
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info